Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Maintenance Manuals

Started by Mark · · Last activity · 322 posts · 6,512 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 September 2007
Last activity
17 October 2007
Original author
Mark
Posts
322
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
6,512
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 321–322 of 322
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ...Big Snip...

    [censored].

    You wrote this, accusing Jim Beam of fraud, with as much evidence as
    claims that NASA faked moon landing pictures. You couldn't have been
    clearer:

    "You tightened down the tension spring adjustment screw of your Park
    Tool TM-1 Tensiometer to give about double actual values."

    You have no evidence, no credibility, and not enough character to be
    ashamed.

    Stop emailing me with duplicates and excuses.

    Carl Fogel

    Fogel,

    Are you being completely accurate here?

    I believe you have mischaracterized the situation, representing it as
    if beam was a first time poster whose veracity I maligned.

    In actual fact beam has flat out admitted in earlier threads that he
    "bullshits". I noted this well at the time. And as any unbiased reader
    of RBT should have noticed, he has been shown by many to be a
    practiced, relentless, and unrepentant prevaricator. As such he has
    displayed an unmatched talent for disrupting and subverting
    discussions, driving off potentially valuable contributors in the
    process. Look no further than this thread, now more than 300 posts
    long, that he waylaid with his antics back at about post number four
    and led into divisiveness.

    In light of the above and in response to his abusive challenge of
    "deny this, [censored]" to a veteran and valuable contributer of this
    group, I asked him to deny that he hadn't "jimmied" the tensiometer in
    the picture he proffered. I called him a pathetic little fraud.

    Remember, beam already admits that he "bullshits". I wanted him to
    admit that he wasn't doing so now. I wanted him to admit that he
    hadn't cooked the picture and by so challenging him, I wanted to raise
    the possibility that he actually had done so and I also wanted to
    underscoring his penchant for fraud.

    Curiously you jumped in between as an apologist for beam. The
    challenge was directed to him but yet you acted as his surrogate. If I
    had know that you would do so, I would have been, as stated earlier,
    clearer and more expansive in my challenge.

    Concerning the emailing of duplicates and excuses, here again I do not
    believe you are being completely accurate, I apologize for any
    duplicate of a post I might have emailed you in error by
    unintentionally hitting the "Reply to Author" button as opposed to the
    closely adjacent "Reply" button. I did intentionally email once
    explaining how you might remove the seven duplicate posts that now
    appear in this thread because this seemed to distress you and I felt
    partly responsible. I explained how this might have occurred, but this
    was not an excuse.

    With regard to the question of character and credibility, I am happy
    to let the reader judge for himself.

    Beamboy used tape on his Park.

  2. Jambo' [email protected] said:

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    ...Big Snip...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [censored].

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You wrote this, accusing Jim Beam of fraud, with as much evidence as
    claims that NASA faked moon landing pictures. You couldn't have been
    clearer:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "You tightened down the tension spring adjustment screw of your Park
    Tool TM-1 Tensiometer to give about double actual values."

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You have no evidence, no credibility, and not enough character to be
    ashamed.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Stop emailing me with duplicates and excuses.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Carl Fogel

    Quoted message said:

    Fogel,

    Quoted message said:

    Are you being completely accurate here?

    Quoted message said:

    I believe you have mischaracterized the situation, representing it as
    if beam was a first time poster whose veracity I maligned.

    Quoted message said:

    In actual fact beam has flat out admitted in earlier threads that he
    "bullshits". I noted this well at the time. And as any unbiased reader
    of RBT should have noticed, he has been shown by many to be a
    practiced, relentless, and unrepentant prevaricator. As such he has
    displayed an unmatched talent for disrupting and subverting
    discussions, driving off potentially valuable contributors in the
    process. Look no further than this thread, now more than 300 posts
    long, that he waylaid with his antics back at about post number four
    and led into divisiveness.

    Quoted message said:

    In light of the above and in response to his abusive challenge of
    "deny this, [censored]" to a veteran and valuable contributer of this
    group, I asked him to deny that he hadn't "jimmied" the tensiometer in
    the picture he proffered. I called him a pathetic little fraud.

    Quoted message said:

    Remember, beam already admits that he "bullshits". I wanted him to
    admit that he wasn't doing so now. I wanted him to admit that he
    hadn't cooked the picture and by so challenging him, I wanted to raise
    the possibility that he actually had done so and I also wanted to
    underscoring his penchant for fraud.

    Quoted message said:

    Curiously you jumped in between as an apologist for beam. The
    challenge was directed to him but yet you acted as his surrogate. If I
    had know that you would do so, I would have been, as stated earlier,
    clearer and more expansive in my challenge.

    Quoted message said:

    Concerning the emailing of duplicates and excuses, here again I do not
    believe you are being completely accurate, I apologize for any
    duplicate of a post I might have emailed you in error by
    unintentionally hitting the "Reply to Author" button as opposed to the
    closely adjacent "Reply" button. I did intentionally email once
    explaining how you might remove the seven duplicate posts that now
    appear in this thread because this seemed to distress you and I felt
    partly responsible. I explained how this might have occurred, but this
    was not an excuse.

    Quoted message said:

    With regard to the question of character and credibility, I am happy
    to let the reader judge for himself.

    Beamboy used tape on his Park.

    Prove it!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.