Majorca

snip

Jan 7, 2004
Hello

I'm off to Majorca this April for a cycling training camp, can anyone recommend a bike hire shop in the vicinity of Port De Pollenca.?

Any website links or phone numbers would be much appreciated.

Cheers Snip

Originally posted by snip
Hello

I'm off to Majorca this April for a cycling training camp, can anyone recommend a bike hire shop in the vicinity of Port De Pollenca.?

Any website links or phone numbers would be much appreciated.

Cheers Snip

We´re a bit away from there but you might find something on www.amigosdelciclismo.com , www.todociclismo.com or www.globeros.com ( watch out for popups on this one , and the small banner that flashes SHOULD BE IGNORED ) but these are in spanish so to translate seach them with www.altavista.com ( seems to translate slightly better than google does in spanish )
if I find anymore I´ll drop you a line .

ps try to observe the traffic regs : the islanders are a bit ****** at all the cyclists on their roads and remember that helmets are ( or soon will be ) obligatory as are reflectors ( but not lights? , I love this country but sometimes ..................... ) on your CLOTHING , these too may come in later but an overzealous cop could cause trouble so plan ahead . Flashing tail and headlights are small ,light and ( here ) cheap : invest in some .

el Inglés

Thanks for the links. Cannot speak/read Spanish, so I struggled with the web sites, but manage to find an English site in Port de Pollenca using www.altavista.com. I have sent an email to enquire about bikes and prices.. lets see what happens.

I went last year with my own bike and about 20 other cyclist, just fancy hiring this time and save all the bike transport hassle.

Thanks again..

Cheers Snip