Road Cycling · Public discussion

Making fun of Michael Rasmussen

Started by bobcullinan · · Last activity · 11 posts · 1,019 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 June 2008
Last activity
22 June 2008
Original author
bobcullinan
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,019
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Regardless of whether your think Rasmussen is guilty or innocent, this
    video is hilarious: http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=290

  2. bobcullinan schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Regardless of whether your think Rasmussen is guilty or innocent, this
    video is hilarious:

    Bob, why don't you post the url of your rss feed and leave us alone for
    a couple of weeks? And get some original content for your snazzy looking
    website instead of sporza.be and other knock-offs.

    The video was posted earlier this week:
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/c7ce000a565d9950

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    bobcullinan schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Regardless of whether your think Rasmussen is guilty or innocent, this
    video is hilarious:

    Bob, why don't you post the url of your rss feed and leave us alone for
    a couple of weeks? And get some original content for your snazzy looking
    website instead of sporza.be and other knock-offs.

    The video was posted earlier this week:
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/c7ce000a565d9950

    I didn't see the original post, and I'm glad I caught Bob's.

    Thanks Bob!

  4. Ted van de Weteringe said:

    bobcullinan schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Regardless of whether your think Rasmussen is guilty or innocent, this
    video is hilarious:

    Bob, why don't you post the url of your rss feed and leave us alone for
    a couple of weeks? And get some original content for your snazzy looking
    website instead of sporza.be and other knock-offs.

    The video was posted earlier this week:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

    Ted:

    Mi scusi...I didn't know that the Rasmussen video had been posted
    earlier.

    Also, I think you need to dig a bit deeper into CycleTo. The majority
    of our content is original. We're not opposed to reposting videos,
    like this one of Rasmussen or Frank Schleck's crash, but if you take
    the time to dig into the site, you'll find a whole lot of pictures,
    videos and stories that you won't see anywhere else.

    You can always reach me direct if you have thoughts, comments or
    suggestions: [email hidden]

  5. caffetrieste said:

    On Jun 19, 8:39 am, Ted van de Weteringe

    Quoted message said:

    bobcullinan schreef:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Regardless of whether your think Rasmussen is guilty or innocent, this
    video is hilarious:

    Quoted message said:

    Bob, why don't you post the url of your rss feed and leave us alone for
    a couple of weeks? And get some original content for your snazzy looking
    website instead of sporza.be and other knock-offs.

    Quoted message said:

    The video was posted earlier this week:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

    Ted:

    Mi scusi...I didn't know that the Rasmussen video had been posted
    earlier.

    Also, I think you need to dig a bit deeper into CycleTo. The majority
    of our content is original. We're not opposed to reposting videos,
    like this one of Rasmussen or Frank Schleck's crash, but if you take
    the time to dig into the site, you'll find a whole lot of pictures,
    videos and stories that you won't see anywhere else.

    You can always reach me direct if you have thoughts, comments or
    suggestions: [email hidden]

    Also...I just tried to access the link that you posted. I get an "Not
    Found" error message.

  6. caffetrieste schreef:

    Quoted message said:

    Also...I just tried to access the link that you posted. I get an "Not
    Found" error message.

    Google, your limited webbased news reader, probably truncates long urls.
    Here it is again, works fine for me:
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/c7ce000a565d9950
    Alternatively: http://snurl.com/bobthespammer

  7. caffetrieste said:


    Also, I think you need to dig a bit deeper into CycleTo. The majority
    of our content is original. We're not opposed to reposting videos,
    like this one of Rasmussen or Frank Schleck's crash, but if you take
    the time to dig into the site, you'll find a whole lot of pictures,
    videos and stories that you won't see anywhere else.


    Your videos simply won't play in my browser. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox
    2.0.0.14 with all codecs installed. No other site I have browsed fails
    to stream video.

  8. On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:10:59 +0200, Kyle Legate <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    caffetrieste said:


    Also, I think you need to dig a bit deeper into CycleTo. The majority
    of our content is original. We're not opposed to reposting videos,
    like this one of Rasmussen or Frank Schleck's crash, but if you take
    the time to dig into the site, you'll find a whole lot of pictures,
    videos and stories that you won't see anywhere else.


    Your videos simply won't play in my browser. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox
    2.0.0.14 with all codecs installed. No other site I have browsed fails
    to stream video.

    Sometimes videos on that site don't start for me, but if I click
    pause, then play, they work.

  9. Kyle Legate a écrit profondement:
    | >
    | Your videos simply won't play in my browser. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox
    | 2.0.0.14 with all codecs installed. No other site I have browsed fails
    | to stream video.

    Did you try blowing your cache? It often helps.

    Did you look at /tmp and see what gives there? You should see a sound
    mixer and a subdirectory "plugtmp/" which holds some gifs and other
    stuff the flash player needs.

    It isn't a site Davey goes to, but he did take a look just to see what
    happened and on Slack-11 the video clips played fine and immediately
    using Opera, FirePox and Gozilla.

    Flux for a window manager and no Gnome or KDE bloat/junk installed
    except QT which Opera needs.

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct
    http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg146/sylviastolz/freesylvia.jpg

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Kyle Legate said:

    Your videos simply won't play in my browser. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox
    2.0.0.14 with all codecs installed. No other site I have browsed fails
    to stream video.

    Works for me with Firefox and Fedora 8 or 9. I do have a lot of the livna
    media player extras installed.

    --
    Mike Iglesias Email: [email hidden]
    University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
    Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

  11. Davey Crockett said:

    Kyle Legate a écrit profondement:
    | >
    | Your videos simply won't play in my browser. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox
    | 2.0.0.14 with all codecs installed. No other site I have browsed fails
    | to stream video.

    Did you try blowing your cache? It often helps.

    Did you look at /tmp and see what gives there? You should see a sound
    mixer and a subdirectory "plugtmp/" which holds some gifs and other
    stuff the flash player needs.


    Well, I have the flash player (flashplugin-nonfree) and
    libflash-mozplugin, but no plugtmp/ directory on my system. I was
    running compiz for a window manager but turned it off, flushed my cache
    and tried again, but all I get when I try to play the video is a popup
    window with no content.

    Thanks for your help, tho.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.