General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Managing Type 2 Diabetes

Started by Kate C. · · Last activity · 26 posts · 1,068 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 May 2004
Last activity
25 May 2004
Original author
Kate C.
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,068
Views / 30 days
12

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17:31 +0100, you , "Beav"

    Quoted post said:

    "Hairy Antelope" wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You'd make a good footy yobo, wouldn't you :-)))

    Terrible actually. I can't kick a football to save my life:-
    )

    I wasn't aware that yobos were required (or able) to
    actually play ... I thought their main fascination was the
    bovver ...

    Quoted message said:

    As for footy yobo's, ANYONE who supports that game is
    a yobo:-)

    Indeed I can't disagree with you on that one ....

    By the way - whereyabinlad ?? I was beginning to think you'd
    taken a long walk on a short pier ....

    --

    ]- "If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me" ]-
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------
    To reply by e-mail, move the Gnu from the address to the
    subject line.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------

  2. On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17:31 +0100, you , "Beav"

    Quoted post said:

    a bit of a doorman of late though, primarily because most
    car drivers think they're bullet proof and can do ANYTHING
    when they're wrapped in their steel boxes. Unfortunately
    (for them) if they put ME at risk, they're putting their
    door(s) at risk which, although it may not be a fair swap,
    is very satisfying:-)

    Being as I've just had all the rust and old paint
    removed/replaced/reworked on The Wheels in the past two
    weeks, (and a darned nice job they did of it too) I think at
    the moment anybody kicking in a door (for whatever reason)
    is going to be in serious danger of an "AAARRRGH - KILL"
    reaction, followed by a quick swerve to that side ..... and
    yes, at that point, yer two-wheels definitely offer less
    protection than my four .... :-))

    Probably send my bg sky high I suppose .... <sigh> the
    things one has to suffer in the name of revenge ....

    --

    ]- "I am a man of many parts, ]- unfortunately most of them
    are no longer in stock" ]-
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------
    To reply by e-mail, move the Gnu from the address to the
    subject line.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------

  3. "Hairy Antelope" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    17 May 2004 'Beav said:

    I just shove a booted foot into their door and bog
    off :-)

    You'd make a good footy yobo, wouldn't you :-)))

    Terrible actually. I can't kick a football to save my life:-
    ) I have become a bit of a doorman of late though, primarily
    because most car drivers think they're bullet proof and can
    do ANYTHING when they're wrapped in their steel boxes.
    Unfortunately (for them) if they put ME at risk, they're
    putting their door(s) at risk which, although it may not be
    a fair swap, is very satisfying:-)

    As for footy yobo's, ANYONE who supports that game is a yobo:-
    )

    Beav

  4. "Pete" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Beav said:

    "Hairy Antelope" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    ews.com...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 "Beav" wrote:

    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    As for footy yobo's, ANYONE who supports that game is a
    yobo:-) Beav

    We agree on that :-))))

    And I bet you find a lot of people asking you "Did you see
    the game last night" too.:-)

    Beav

  5. "Hairy Antelope" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17:31 +0100, you , "Beav"

    Quoted post said:

    "Hairy Antelope" wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You'd make a good footy yobo, wouldn't you :-)))

    Terrible actually. I can't kick a football to save my
    life:-)

    I wasn't aware that yobos were required (or able) to
    actually play ...

    They're not REQUIRED, but they're common enough to give that
    impression. Not that ANY footie player has been in the news
    for clobbering people or some other "indiscretion"

    Quoted message said:

    I thought their main fascination was the bovver ...

    Quoted message said:

    As for footy yobo's, ANYONE who supports that game is a
    yobo:-)

    Indeed I can't disagree with you on that one ....

    By the way - whereyabinlad ?? I was beginning to think
    you'd taken a long walk on a short pier ....

    Up to me pasturised in worky things. Sometimes I have far
    too much time on my hands and others there's not enough
    hours in a week. I've had a couple of the latters lately,
    what with summer fast approahing and me wanting my bike to
    look like the dogs bollocks for the shows:-) Then I've been
    doing some toy heli building/setting up/flying/spraying,
    fixing the wife's motor, getting my own motor back from the
    cops after it was nicked, sorting me dad out and
    occasionally getting some sleep:-)))

    Beav

  6. "Hairy Antelope" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:17:31 +0100, you , "Beav"

    Quoted post said:

    a bit of a doorman of late though, primarily because most
    car drivers


    think

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    they're bullet proof and can do ANYTHING when they're
    wrapped in their


    steel

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    boxes. Unfortunately (for them) if they put ME at risk,
    they're putting their door(s) at risk which, although it
    may not be a fair swap, is very satisfying:-)

    Being as I've just had all the rust and old paint
    removed/replaced/reworked on The Wheels in the past two
    weeks, (and a darned nice job they did of it too) I think
    at the moment anybody kicking in a door (for whatever
    reason) is going to be in serious danger of an "AAARRRGH -
    KILL" reaction, followed by a quick swerve to that side
    ..... and yes, at that point, yer two-wheels definitely
    offer less protection than my four .... :-))

    The trick is to wait 'til they're stopped (best at traffic
    lights), THEN get the kick in and slip into the traffic
    against the lights:-) Cagers don't follow for some reason.
    I ALWAYS want to drop a business card into their motor
    from my sons body shop, but even *I'M* not that much of a
    mercenary:-)

    Quoted message said:


    Probably send my bg sky high I suppose .... <sigh> the
    things one has to suffer in the name of revenge ....

    To Vreek Rewenge, one first has to catch the bi-wheeled mono-
    wheeling avaneger, and that's not easy:-))

    Beav

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.