Manchester Bike routes - updated

92jon

New Member
Dec 17, 2004
Hi,
We have added a new bike route to our website.
Audenshaw to Diggle - using the Huddersfield canal.

This is a great ride to take, brilliant views and you are away from busy roads.
There is a map, route description and pictures added to the site.

Happy cycling.

JON

Hi,
I hope you enjoy the site and the latest bike route we have added.
Recently we took a nice ride aroudn Bury, taking in the Holcombe Brook disused railway line, that has been converted in to a path/cycle way.
Details and pictures on the website soon.
Thanks
JON

"92jon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hi,
> I hope you enjoy the site and the latest bike route we have added.
> Recently we took a nice ride aroudn Bury, taking in the Holcombe Brook
> disused railway line, that has been converted in to a path/cycle way.
> Details and pictures on the website soon.
> Thanks
> JON
>

> --
> 92jon

Whats the link then we can enjoy the website?

Woady

> Hi Woady -
> The link is
> 'www.bikerides.dsracing.me.uk' (http://www.bikerides.dsracing.me.uk/)
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated, also any suggestions for off road
> bike rides in manchester would be great!
>
> Thanks
> JON
>

> --
> 92jon

Just having a look now, on first impressions it looks great :) just what I'm
after.

Woady
from Stockport

Hi,
We have added a new route -

Holcombe Brook to Bury. Taking in the old railway line which has been converted in to a ptah / cycle way.
There is plenty to see in the area.

Take a look.

Thanks
JON

Hi,
We have made a few changes to the latest page that we have added.

I hope this last route through Bury has been useful.

Any suggestions of any other similar bike rides around Manchester would be great.

Thanks
JON

92jon wrote:
> Hi,
> We have made a few changes to the latest page that we have added.
>
> I hope this last route through Bury has been useful.
>
> Any suggestions of any other similar bike rides around Manchester would
> be great.

While the routes are of no use to me in Edinburgh, I think it would be a
good idea if you included the website link in your signature. Would
probably get you more hits and more interest.

Jon

Hi
Thanks Jon - I have updated my signature, hopefully this will help.

Hope you like the site and our aims to get some of the rides we undertake documented.

I do get satisfaction from seeing other people out on their bikes, especially families who are using the sfaer non road routes (like we cover). It would also be great if they had seen our site first and then decided to take the route.

Any route additions would be great.

Safe cycling
JON

92jon <[email protected]> of cyclingforums.com
wrote:

>Hi
>Thanks Jon - I have updated my signature, hopefully this will help.

You are posting and reading on a website forum. That website is an
inefficient and poor interface to usenet. 99% of the readers of your
message aren't using a website, they are using usenet. The only bit that
comes through on usenet is:
--
92jon

You need something like:
--
92jon
Greater Manchester Bike Rides http://bikerides.dsracing.me.uk/

The -- and line return is correct and needed, but you need to get your URL
in there too. Whatever you have done, I suspect it is only showing up on
the website you are using, but that isn't where people are reading this
message.

And that's a shame, because you have a good site, and I enjoyed doing the
Radcliffe to Clifton ride, which I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
--
Judge: A law student who marks his own papers.
Henry Louis Mencken

Thanks Steph.
Im not the best on PCs, but ive made a change to my signature to hopefully open up more opportunities for people to see the site.

Glad you enjoyed the Radcliffe route - it was a little muddy when we covered it. We hope to do it again soon.

We have recently updated the site with some pictures and information about our recent trip to Holland. The know about cycling in Holland.

Enjoy
Thanks
JON