on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Marin Bobcat for sale
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- UK and Europe
- Published
- 10 November 2006
- Last activity
- 11 November 2006
- Original author
- rjs
- Posts
- 9
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 516
- Views / 30 days
- 13
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
"rjs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
That's very kind of you...
-
Peter said:
"rjs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
That's very kind of you...
Gosh, you mean I can buy it for more than the new price - secondhand!
Is it like this one?
http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2003/html/spec_bobcat.html
Note the price $469 about £277.00 if memory serves on the exchange rate!
Sniper8052
-
"Sniper8052(L96A1)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Peter said:
"rjs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
That's very kind of you...Quoted message said:
Gosh, you mean I can buy it for more than the new price - secondhand!
Is it like this one?
http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2003/html/spec_bobcat.html
Note the price $469 about £277.00 if memory serves on the exchange rate!
Nah, that one's not the same - it's going in the wrong way.
Peter -
In article <[email hidden]>
Sniper8052(L96A1) said:
Peter said:
"rjs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
That's very kind of you...
Gosh, you mean I can buy it for more than the new price - secondhand!
Is it like this one?
http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2003/html/spec_bobcat.html
Note the price $469 about £277.00 if memory serves on the exchange rate!
If you manage to travel back in time and import one, don't forget you'll
need to pay VAT and import duty on it, and change your money at the 2003
exchange rate, so you're looking at a cost of about £380 excluding
carriage. Much easier I think to buy a 2006 model in the UK for about
£400. -
Rob Morley said:
In article <[email hidden]>
Sniper8052(L96A1) said:
Peter said:
"rjs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...>on Ebay, but will consider offer over £300 from anyone on here
>That's very kind of you...
Gosh, you mean I can buy it for more than the new price - secondhand!
Is it like this one?
http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2003/html/spec_bobcat.html
Note the price $469 about £277.00 if memory serves on the exchange rate!
If you manage to travel back in time and import one, don't forget you'll
need to pay VAT and import duty on it, and change your money at the 2003
exchange rate, so you're looking at a cost of about £380 excluding
carriage. Much easier I think to buy a 2006 model in the UK for about
£400.I assume they sell/sold them in the UK anyway. Time travel - no problem
I'll turn the pedals backwards 😉Using $1.64 to the pound, which is July's exchange rate for 2003, gives
a price of £285.You've been done!
Does this chap run a bike shop you visit?
🙂
Sniuper8052
-
Sniper8052(L96A1) said:
Time travel - no problem
I'll turn the pedals backwards 😉That won't work - they'll fall off (like stoker cranks). You'' need
to swap cranks too, then pass the chain back through teh wheel to get
to teh right side. A couple of modified chain tensioners should do
it.regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
|/ \| -
On 11/11/2006 00:56, Rob Morley said,
Quoted message said:
If you manage to travel back in time and import one, don't forget you'll
need to pay VAT and import duty on it, and change your money at the 2003
exchange rate, so you're looking at a cost of about £380 excluding
carriage. Much easier I think to buy a 2006 model in the UK for about
£400.....or a quick look through the current WMB mag, and you can buy brand
new for £319. A lot easier than buggering about with time travel :-)--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/ -
In article <[email hidden]>
Sniper8052(L96A1) said:
Rob Morley wrote:
<snip>Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
If you manage to travel back in time and import one, don't forget you'll
need to pay VAT and import duty on it, and change your money at the 2003
exchange rate, so you're looking at a cost of about £380 excluding
carriage. Much easier I think to buy a 2006 model in the UK for about
£400.I assume they sell/sold them in the UK anyway. Time travel - no problem
I'll turn the pedals backwards 😉Using $1.64 to the pound, which is July's exchange rate for 2003, gives
a price of £285.Add 17.5% VAT and 12% import duty[1], that's £375 without shipping (and
shipping cost also incurs duty and VAT). US prices often appear more
attractive than UK prices until you factor in the real costs, when they
become much more comparable. Then you should probably factor in the CPI
for the period 2003-2006 - call it 2% PA, so that takes the price to
£398. The £400 2006 model I found in a few seconds on Froogle suddenly
looks pretty reasonable.[1] I'm guessing - HMRC has helpfully replaced the free online tariff
tables with a paid subscription service.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.