Mario Is Back!!!!

[email protected] wrote:

> On Jan 21, 7:01 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>news:[email protected]...

>>>so you're comparing rock racing to a team that raced in all the top
>>>events all over the world for over ten years ?

>>I'm suggesting that expectations might be a bit on the high side (for Rock
>>Racing), if someone is expecting phenomenal results just from throwing money
>>at the sport. The "Supergroups" of the 70s & 80s didn't work out too well,
>>nor have cycling teams that have had too many leaders and not enough
>>support. Although for Rock Racing I guess we're looking at a group of
>>"Rock"stars who have come out of retirement.

> dumbass,
>
> except it isn't a superteam, it's more like Slapshot.

Hey assfaces,

"Supergroups" = rock bands and not cycling teams.

Magilla

Black Range wrote:

> On Jan 21, 10:22 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Bill C wrote:

>>>Cool! That's great news. Hope this really works out, especially for
>>>the younger guys.
>>> Bill C

>>Cipo is a sprinter long past his prime. He was not known for his
>>insightful race strategy, so not sure about him driving the car as a
>>D.S.. This whole deal was just one big misguided publicity stunt by a
>>guy who appears to like hiring antiques under the mis-assumption that
>>they will win races or generate huge publicity in the U.S. when in fact
>>they will accomplish neither.
>>
>>That roster that Ball has right now will have a tough time winning a
>>single NRC event. They are all has-beens who suck unless they're
>>bagging blood.
>>
>>Magilla

> cipo not known for his insightful race strategy? so how do you win the
> rainbow bands and not the gay ones that michael ball wears without
> being half smart? 191 wins in a career that spans from 1989 to 2005
> really speaks for itself. When a guy can motorpace at 80kmh you know
> he's got talent. Two of my mates saw him on the way to a race in
> Belgium sitting behind the domina vacanze team car going down a main
> road with the hatch up. The guy is a freight train and he'd more than
> likely lead himself out if he was to race for ball in america.
>
> Call me naive but do the american audience find him to be a '******'.
>
> AM.

You win 191 races by sprinting faster than everyone else due to superior
genetics. Races that come down to field sprints on pancake flat courses
are relatively immune to ambush by competing race strategies.

Surely you don't believe that Allesandro Pettachi is also a superior
race tactician?

Ask 100 people in a U.S. shopping mall who Mario Cipollini is and you'll
be lucky to get 1 person to say they do.

Magilla

"Black Range" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> cipo not known for his insightful race strategy?

Never question magilla. It's like holding a discussion with an idiot. Cipo
was one of the better strategists though you have to admit when you have
talent and speed like his that strategy is a great deal easier to plan.

On Jan 22, 8:19 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ask 100 people in a U.S. shopping mall who Mario Cipollini is and you'll
> be lucky to get 1 person to say they do.
>
> Magilla

so what ? you'd have to ask a thousand people to find one that knows
who alexander ovechkin is, but he signed a $124 million dollar
contract.

In article
<8e0dbb54-1c53-4e98-8f50-95beee0140c4@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Black Range <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 10:22 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Bill C wrote:

> > > Cool! That's great news. Hope this really works out, especially for
> > > the younger guys.
> > >  Bill C

> > Cipo is a sprinter long past his prime.  He was not known for his
> > insightful race strategy, so not sure about him driving the car as a
> > D.S..  This whole deal was just one big misguided publicity stunt by a
> > guy who appears to like hiring antiques under the mis-assumption that
> > they will win races or generate huge publicity in the U.S. when in fact
> > they will accomplish neither.
> >
> > That roster that Ball has right now will have a tough time winning a
> > single NRC event.  They are all has-beens who suck unless they're
> > bagging blood.
> >
> > Magilla

> cipo not known for his insightful race strategy? so how do you win the
> rainbow bands and not the gay ones that michael ball wears without
> being half smart? 191 wins in a career that spans from 1989 to 2005
> really speaks for itself. When a guy can motorpace at 80kmh you know
> he's got talent. Two of my mates saw him on the way to a race in
> Belgium sitting behind the domina vacanze team car going down a main
> road with the hatch up. The guy is a freight train and he'd more than
> likely lead himself out if he was to race for ball in america.
>
> Call me naive but do the american audience find him to be a '******'.

I do not know. Speaking for myself, no. I have a working class bias, and
am disposed to respect bicycle racers that reach the high levels for making
the most of their gifts.

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
"William R. Mattil" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I like this part ... "Picking Nits" ..... Pointing out an rather large
> egregious error of yours is picking Nits ?

I note that qualifying `egregious' with `rather large' is redundant.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "William R. Mattil" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I like this part ... "Picking Nits" ..... Pointing out an rather large
>> egregious error of yours is picking Nits ?

> I note that qualifying `egregious' with `rather large' is redundant.

Thank you sir <g>

Bill

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Black Range" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

>> cipo not known for his insightful race strategy?

> Never question magilla. It's like holding a discussion with an idiot.
> Cipo was one of the better strategists though you have to admit when you
> have talent and speed like his that strategy is a great deal easier to
> plan.

Yeah, the next thing you're gonna tell me is Carl Lewis was a great
strategist too.

You people are delusional.

Magilla

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> >> I note that qualifying `egregious' with `rather large' is redundant.

> William R. Mattil wrote:
> > Thank you sir <g>

> http://www.davidreilly.com/dodo/books/new_scientist/nwsci05.gif

The same people who did that casting must also do the ones for the Look cleats.

--
tanx,
Howard

Now it's raining pitchforks and women,