MASI

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by HGL, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. HGL

    HGL Guest

    Any opinions on Masi? Is there anything unique about them? Are they worth
    the price?

    Tags:

  2. bfd

    bfd Guest

    "HGL" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:C039BE08.38A36%[email protected]
    > Any opinions on Masi? Is there anything unique about them? Are they worth
    > the price?

    Which Masi are you talking about? Are you talking about the older steel
    frame Masis made in Italy (by Faliero himself) or California made (built by
    such notiable builders as Mario Confente, Brian Baylis, Albert Eisentraut,
    Dave Tesch, and more I can't think of). IF so, yes, very unique with a
    larger following, especially in Japan!

    However, if you're talking about the newest fat-tube, aluminum frame with
    carbon stays and fork. Well, its basically a cookie-cutter frame built
    somewhere in China (or Taiwan) with nothing really special about them. These
    bikes are basically the same as many "house-brand" mail order bikes. If you
    can find an ultegra version (same generic groups as other) for under $1200,
    then that's not a bad deal for what it is. Just don't expect it to have any
    of the following that "true" Masis have....

  3. HGL wrote:
    > Any opinions on Masi? Is there anything unique about them? Are they worth
    > the price?

    New aluminum, owned by the BMX company Haro or older, made in SoCal or
    Italy.

    Former tiawanese cookie cutter stuff, later very nice, look great, ride
    like a dream. Modern steel Masis made by Alberto Masi in Milano, sold
    in the US under the name 'Milano'.