Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Mavic Ksyrium rear hub maintenance

Started by mrklein · · Last activity · 7 posts · 4,753 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 June 2008
Last activity
26 June 2008
Original author
mrklein
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,753
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!

  2. mrklein said:

    I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!


    Here is a link to the Mavic Technical Manual,
    Username=mavic-com
    Password=dealer

    Fairly easy, I just did my Ksyrium SL3's they are much quieter and smoother, baby oil will work or someone else stated Mobil 1 oil. Mavic Recomends Pedros Road Rage Lube.

    tech-mavic.comindex.php

  3. And if the freehub starts to rock while installed, then it may be in need of replacement.

  4. mrklein said:

    I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!


    Here is a link from youtube that might help.

  5. mrklein said:

    I bet this has been covered before but: I understand that Mavic Ksyrium (SSC) back hubs require lubrication fairly often. Is there a description out there of the procedure? I remember that these wheels are not too popular with many but I have them so...Thanks!

    2 links in other posts on how to do it(simple, BTW)but when you slide the freehub body off, do it over a clean, preferably, white cloth. The teeny springs on the pawls scream, 'lose me!!'.

    I use Mobil One. Cheap, doesn't get thick when cold, tenacious.

  6. Peter@vecchios said:

    2 links in other posts on how to do it(simple, BTW)but when you slide the freehub body off, do it over a clean, preferably, white cloth. The teeny springs on the pawls scream, 'lose me!!'.

    I use Mobil One. Cheap, doesn't get thick when cold, tenacious.


    Hey Peter,
    What do you use to clean your breaking surface with? I am assuming you have or had Mavic wheels, mine are marked up quite a bit already from my pads, Tektro R570 Breaks and pads, came stock on my Fuji.

    Thanks

  7. Fujiman said:

    Hey Peter,
    What do you use to clean your breaking surface with? I am assuming you have or had Mavic wheels, mine are marked up quite a bit already from my pads, Tektro R570 Breaks and pads, came stock on my Fuji.

    Thanks

    Had/have some Mavic rims, I have never owned wheelsouttaboxes BUT Frequently use a rough file on your pads to get the teeny metal shards out of it, emery paper on the rim.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.