Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Max body weight for Carbon Frame

Started by atrois · · Last activity · 7 posts · 2,734 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 June 2005
Last activity
4 July 2005
Original author
atrois
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,734
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All

    Can someone tell me the max body weight (cyclist) that a carbon frame is recommended to hold?

    I have recently purchased a Bianchi 928 Carbon lugged and I'm in the process of building the bike with the rest of the bits.

    I currently own an aluminium bianchi and quite happy with it, but wanted to try a top of the range carbon frame.

    I currently weigh 88kg and not sure what carbon frames max is.

    Any reply is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. atrois said:

    Hi All

    Can someone tell me the max body weight (cyclist) that a carbon frame is recommended to hold?

    I have recently purchased a Bianchi 928 Carbon lugged and I'm in the process of building the bike with the rest of the bits.

    I currently own an aluminium bianchi and quite happy with it, but wanted to try a top of the range carbon frame.

    I currently weigh 88kg and not sure what carbon frames max is.

    Any reply is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    It sould be intuitively obvious that it will vary with the specific frame and manufacturer.Trek says their OCLV is good for 250 and heavier ride them.You should likely have no worries,but don''t go the the bank with that.

  3. atrois said:

    Hi All

    Can someone tell me the max body weight (cyclist) that a carbon frame is recommended to hold?

    I have recently purchased a Bianchi 928 Carbon lugged and I'm in the process of building the bike with the rest of the bits.

    I currently own an aluminium bianchi and quite happy with it, but wanted to try a top of the range carbon frame.

    I currently weigh 88kg and not sure what carbon frames max is.

    Any reply is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks


    Oh man you are screwed... Bianchi has a max rating of 80KG for that frame. Time for a diet or firesale... next time get a Ti frame as they have no weight limits.
    www.bianchi.com/928carbon/stats.htm

  4. wilmar13 said:

    Oh man you are screwed... Bianchi has a max rating of 80KG for that frame. Time for a diet or firesale... next time get a Ti frame as they have no weight limits.
    www.bianchi.com/928carbon/stats.htm


    88 kg isn't really a heavyweight rider. Believe all of the Trek CF frames are rated for well over 88 kg, as well as many CF frames from other manufacturers.

    Of course, weight is only one factor in the fatigue equation. More depends on how and where you ride. Bumpy roads, potholes, hammering in big gears, or heavy standing climbing are what put the fatigue cycles into any frame.

  5. I am around 95-99 kg and ride a carbon frame Cervelo R 2.5 with no troubles. I talked to the Cervelo rep and he told me to go out and eat all I want. The weight limit for that bike is a lot higher than me. Most carbon frames should be able to hold you, the only ones I found with weight limits are the really high end steal and aluminuim ones that have tube walls thinner than beer cans.

  6. Thanks to all the replies. I have since contacted Bianchi distributor here in Australia, and has assured me that the 928 Carbon L will cater for my weight easily.😄 😄 😄

  7. Hey Wilber. It's about god damn time you come around to my way of thinking!

    Now if we could just get you off of those retarded carbon fiber wheels before you hurt yourself...

    wilmar13 said:

    Oh man you are screwed... Bianchi has a max rating of 80KG for that frame. Time for a diet or firesale... next time get a Ti frame as they have no weight limits.
    www.bianchi.com/928carbon/stats.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.