General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

Started by me · · Last activity · 54 posts · 4,086 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 March 2004
Last activity
27 March 2004
Original author
me
Posts
54
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,086
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–54 of 54
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Miche said:

    And this has what to do with the nutrition level of a home-
    made burger, exactly?

    I never quoted anything from you regarding your claims to
    any nutritional value. But if you insist:

    You're an idiot if you think that a burger made at home is
    any better, nutritionally, than a fast-food burger made with
    the same basic ingredients/condiments.

    Happy now?

    -sw

  2. Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:

    jmcquown wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you can make 4-6 burgers yourself for the cost of that
    meal. True, you have to fry/grill/broil them yourself so
    maybe the "fast" factor is really that you don't have to
    cook it yourself.

    But first you have to go get the ingredients, and that's
    not just the meat and the bun. I want the tomato, lettuce,
    pickles, sauce.

    I tend to keep that stuff around home. We have an upright
    freezer which has mince (ground beef) and steak in it all
    the time.

    Quoted message said:

    Before you know it, that expensive burger just cost you a
    lot of shopping time and money, plus now you have to cook
    it. When I just want a fast meal, I will hit a fast food
    drive in.

    I can cook steak, rice and veggies in 15 minutes at home.

    Rice in 15 minutes? Really? Pot of water on the stove to
    rice ready to eat in 15 minutes. Amazing...

    Whole meals in 15 minutes from scratch that include these
    things? Wonderful. And believable, too. Steak from the
    freezer in 15 minutes. Yum...

    Burger from frozen. Thawed, patted out and cooked in 15
    minutes. Served on the buns that are always around the
    house. Along with the tomatoes and lettuce always around the
    house. Big freezer, doncha know...

    Quoted message said:

    And it takes that little time because I keep steak, rice
    and veggies at home. Dollars to doughnuts (so to speak)
    it's better quality and more nutritious than what I could
    get at a fast food restaurant in the same amount of time.

    What unadulterated nonsense. Like a salad at home is
    somehow better than one in a restaurant. Or a burger. How
    simply silly.

    Pastorio

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sometimes I just want a fast food burger. Not so much
    anymore as they aren't as good as they used to be, but
    sometimes you get lucky and wind up with a nice goopy
    Whopper. (laughing)

    And nobody's saying you shouldn't have one. 🙂

    Miche

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:
    Miche said:


    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But first you have to go get the ingredients, and
    that's not just the meat and the bun. I want the
    tomato, lettuce, pickles, sauce.

    I tend to keep that stuff around home. We have an
    upright freezer which has mince (ground beef) and steak
    in it all the time.

    But that's not fast food. When I want a burger now, it
    doesn't mean after I've defrosted all the ingredients.

    So put the meat in the fridge in the morning, or even the
    night before, to thaw.

    Quoted message said:

    The whole point was when someone said they just wanted
    something to eat without cooking it and without actually
    going out to a restaurant. Fast food. Already prepared.
    By someone else.

    Which is fine. I'm just disputing that it's "quicker".

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Before you know it, that expensive burger just cost
    you a lot of shopping time and money, plus now you
    have to cook it. When I just want a fast meal, I will
    hit a fast food drive in.

    I can cook steak, rice and veggies in 15 minutes at
    home. And it takes that little time because I keep
    steak, rice and veggies at home. Dollars to doughnuts
    (so to speak) it's better quality and more nutritious
    than what I could get at a fast food restaurant in the
    same amount of time.

    That really wasn't the point. I'm not trying to be
    annoying.

    I know that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sometimes I just want a fast food burger. Not so much
    anymore as they aren't as good as they used to be, but
    sometimes you get lucky and wind up with a nice goopy
    Whopper. (laughing)

    And nobody's saying you shouldn't have one. 🙂

    Hey, I had a pretty good Burger King Whopper from, of all
    places, a rest stop on a highway a few weeks ago. Took me
    two meals to eat it, but hey, it wasn't half bad, and
    their fries beat McDonald's any day.

    Yeah, their chips are pretty good. It's about all I can eat
    from most "fast food" places.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  4. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    What unadulterated nonsense. Like a salad at home is
    somehow better than one in a restaurant. Or a burger. How
    simply silly.

    She said "in a *fast-food* restaurant." The salads I've seen
    in most fast-food restaurants are filled with wilted
    lettuce, tomatoes that have been refrigerated (and therefore
    grainy), and an assortment of other sad-looking vegetables
    that are past their prime. I would say that the salads *I*
    make at home are, at the very least, a little better than
    the ones at fast-food restaurants.

    rona

    --
    ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the
    inconvenience!***

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bob (this one) said:
    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:

    jmcquown wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    >you can make 4-6 burgers yourself for the cost of that
    >meal. True, you have to fry/grill/broil them yourself
    >so maybe the "fast" factor is really that you don't
    >have to cook it yourself.

    But first you have to go get the ingredients, and that's
    not just the meat and the bun. I want the tomato,
    lettuce, pickles, sauce.

    I tend to keep that stuff around home. We have an
    upright freezer which has mince (ground beef) and steak
    in it all the time.

    Quoted message said:

    Before you know it, that expensive burger just cost you
    a lot of shopping time and money, plus now you have to
    cook it. When I just want a fast meal, I will hit a fast
    food drive in.

    I can cook steak, rice and veggies in 15 minutes
    at home.

    Rice in 15 minutes? Really? Pot of water on the stove to
    rice ready to eat in 15 minutes. Amazing...

    Boil the water in the electric jug. Takes about a minute.

    Quoted message said:

    Whole meals in 15 minutes from scratch that include these
    things? Wonderful. And believable, too. Steak from the
    freezer in 15 minutes. Yum...

    Who was talking about frozen? Take the meat out and put it
    in the fridge before work or the night before. Plan ahead.

    Quoted message said:

    Burger from frozen. Thawed, patted out and cooked in 15
    minutes. Served on the buns that are always around the
    house. Along with the tomatoes and lettuce always around
    the house. Big freezer, doncha know...

    Again, plan ahead. Who shops every day?

    Take the meat and the burger buns out of the freezer in the
    morning or the night before. Plan what you want to eat
    during the week and buy for it in the weekly or fortnightly
    shopping run. I almost always have lettuce in the fridge (I
    like lettuce). If DH wants tomatoes (I don't eat them raw)
    we buy them in the weekly shopping run.

    A bit of a planning saves a lot of time and money in the
    end.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    And it takes that little time because I keep steak, rice
    and veggies at home. Dollars to doughnuts (so to speak)
    it's better quality and more nutritious than what I
    could get at a fast food restaurant in the same amount
    of time.

    What unadulterated nonsense. Like a salad at home is
    somehow better than one in a restaurant. Or a burger. How
    simply silly.

    *shrug* If you say so.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  6. Miche said:
    Nancy Young said:

    Miche wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I tend to keep that stuff around home. We have an
    upright freezer which has mince (ground beef) and
    steak in it all the time.

    But that's not fast food. When I want a burger now, it
    doesn't mean after I've defrosted all the ingredients.

    So put the meat in the fridge in the morning, or even the
    night before, to thaw.

    No!!! Fast food, like, I suddenly want a burger or
    something. Not like a planned thing from the night before or
    even that morning. I can't say I ever thought, I know, we'll
    have Wendy's for dinner tomorrow night. It just happens.

    nancy

  7. Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Nancy Young <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The whole point was when someone said they just wanted
    something to eat without cooking it and without
    actually going out to a restaurant. Fast food. Already
    prepared. By someone else.

    Which is fine. I'm just disputing that it's "quicker".

    It is quicker.

    The entire point of fast food is that you don't have to
    shop, don't need to prepare any ingredients and don't have
    to wait more than a couple of minutes for it to be served -
    fully prepared and ready to eat.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  8. Rona Yuthasastrakosol said:

    She said "in a *fast-food* restaurant." The salads I've
    seen in most fast-food restaurants are filled with wilted
    lettuce, tomatoes that have been refrigerated (and
    therefore grainy), and an assortment of other sad-looking
    vegetables that are past their prime. I would say that the
    salads *I* make at home are, at the very least, a little
    better than the ones at fast-food restaurants.

    The new breed of fast-food salads are pretty darn good.
    Wendy's, McDonalds, and now even Jack-in-the-Box. They are
    all very fresh.

    -sw

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    sf said:
    Miche said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Nancy Young <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The whole point was when someone said they just
    wanted something to eat without cooking it and
    without actually going out to a restaurant. Fast
    food. Already prepared. By someone else.

    Which is fine. I'm just disputing that it's "quicker".

    It is quicker.

    The entire point of fast food is that you don't have to
    shop, don't need to prepare any ingredients and don't have
    to wait more than a couple of minutes for it to be served
    - fully prepared and ready to eat.

    Fair enough.

    For me, getting fast food once I'm home takes about 20
    minutes. In that time I could have made steak, rice and
    veggies. I never think about getting fast food o nthe way
    home from work -- it's simply an alien concept.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Nancy Young said:
    Miche said:
    Nancy Young said:

    Miche wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > I tend to keep that stuff around home. We have an
    > upright freezer which has mince (ground beef) and
    > steak in it all the time.

    But that's not fast food. When I want a burger now, it
    doesn't mean after I've defrosted all the ingredients.

    So put the meat in the fridge in the morning, or even
    the night before, to thaw.

    No!!! Fast food, like, I suddenly want a burger or
    something. Not like a planned thing from the night before
    or even that morning. I can't say I ever thought, I know,
    we'll have Wendy's for dinner tomorrow night. It just
    happens.

    That's almost an alien concept to me. Seriously. I'm not
    being "snobby" or anything -- it just doesn't occur to me to
    eat that way.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. --
    Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

  11. NOT !

  12. Nancree said:

    NOT !

    TOO!

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <[email hidden]> Visit the Infobahn
    Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce> "What do you care
    what other people think, Mr. Feynman?"

  13. <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:tl1m50hqbu6od47vq

    Quoted message said:

    McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?

    I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
    much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
    McDonalds again.

    Why was it newsworthy, was it on sale...?? If so, don't buy
    any. It's probably old meat from old people. Very tough and
    contaminated with pesticides & hormones. tip: eat low on the
    food chain. If they're serving babies, go for it!

  14. pavane said:


    <Alan [email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?

    I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
    much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
    McDonalds again.


    This might have to do with the McDonalds customer who got
    part of an employee's thumb in her salad. He'd cut
    himself making the salad.

    Recently.

    Otherwise, the OP is stupid or a troll.

    It was at a Red Robin Gourmet Burger restaurant in
    Canton Ohio.

    Maybe you are the pretty stupid one, eh?

    pavane


    Oops!

    Way smarter than the person who started this thread, though!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.