Melb: Anzac Day Spin

rooman

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
1,167
Small group of roadies heading for morining cruise from Black Rock down to Safety Beach and back to Black Rock...(Like Bne's:also 100klms.)
via Bch Rd to Mordy, then Frankston, Olivers Hill, Mount Eliza, Mornington, Esplanade @ Mt.Martha, and the wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee downhill into the tunnel at Safety beach and back ...short stop at Mt Martha on return for a java and cake.

Depart Kennedy's with at least one Aussie Flag, some rum and anzac bikkies at 8am.

Roo

too late! Im finkin of an easy cruise down ***** Rd at 6am (leaving North 'Boring' ). qite happy just to do some 'base miles' tho by myself...

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:33:40 +0000, TimC wrote:

> particurlarly with the saga of a $100 light bulb above my head that is
> flickering

Flouro? Allegedly if you're careful you can twist them so they're off,
although they stay in the sockets. Of course, I never did this with the
stupid flickering ones at previous orkplaces...

talking the maintenance guys out of replacing them because I liked the
slightly less glary environment was worthwhile as well.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at

On 2006-04-24, Random Data (aka Bruce)
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:33:40 +0000, TimC wrote:
>
>> particurlarly with the saga of a $100 light bulb above my head that is
>> flickering

> Flouro? Allegedly if you're careful you can twist them so they're off,
> although they stay in the sockets. Of course, I never did this with the
> stupid flickering ones at previous orkplaces...

Oh no, neither did I :)

But these ones are fancy 400W arc lights that take about 5 minutes to
heat up, and 15 minutes to cycle if the cleaner accidentally switches
them off. Nothing but trouble, in reality. When we moved in 2 months
ago, we had about 3 out of about 10 replaced, and now about 3 more
need replacing.

Oh, and the cover needs to be in place, just in case they explode when
they die.

--
TimC
It has been said that physicists stand on one another's shoulders.

What a day!,

92,000 at the G...

The Maggies win by 17...

No obvious headwind coming back from Safety Beach...

Hot shower, a cold MountainGoat Surefoot and fresh Chicken Curry with Pappadams

hmmm , doesnt get much better!( unless the Bombers won for you of course!)

rooman wrote:
> What a day!,
>
> 92,000 at the G...
>
> The Maggies win by 17...
>
> No obvious headwind coming back from Safety Beach...
>
> Hot shower, a cold MountainGoat Surefoot and fresh Chicken Curry with
> Pappadams
>
> hmmm , doesnt get much better!( unless the Bombers won for you of
> course!)

I gotta move back to Melbourne!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

rooman wrote:
> What a day!,
>
> 92,000 at the G...
>
> The Maggies win by 17...

<snip>

> hmmm , doesnt get much better!( unless the Bombers won for you of
> course!)

yes it does, the Roosters could have won yesterday ...

oh wait ... wrong game ...

rooman wrote:
> What a day!,
>
> 92,000 at the G...
>
> The Maggies win by 17...
>
> No obvious headwind coming back from Safety Beach...
>
> Hot shower, a cold MountainGoat Surefoot and fresh Chicken Curry with
> Pappadams
>
> hmmm , doesnt get much better!( unless the Bombers won for you of
> course!)

Yesterday was a MTB day. Up at 07:00, bloody cold! Leg warmers,
thermal vest, winter jacket and lumber to Westall station for a ride to
Parliament and dinging bell (yes I have a bell on my MTB) approaching
Vlads. Two espressos and we hit Yarra trail.

I've go basically no sense of direction and this was my second foray
down the Yarra. I had G to go to in the afternoon so I told Vlad I
needed to be back at the office (isn't it great having access to showers
and bike storage in the city?) by 12:15.

The weather'd warmed up quite a bit and the trail was full of walkers,
riders and roller skiers! Beautiful day right out of the story books,
birds chirping, people smiling. Top tip for an enjoyable ride, give way
even when you don't have to; the smiles and thankyous are worth it!

Much riding later I look at the phone and find that it's 11:00, mention
it and get told that 12:15's not looking good. Good job I built an hour
of slack in!

Heading back in to the city keeping an eye out for Bikesoiler (sorry
about the late notice mate) and mechanical! Whacked left foot and rear
rim on a stump I didn't notice. Velcro and ratchet on my shoe explodes,
rear wheel kicks violently to the left and I somehow manage to stay upright.

Do much theatrical wailing about foot, which is only slightly bruised,
then set off and quickly stop! Bead's popped on the opposite side to
which I whacked the rear wheel and I've bloody buckled it.

Drop pressure, pop bead back in and pump back up. Set off and fifteen
minutes later things are feeling spongy. Yep, slow flat.

Meet with Bikesoiler and he and Vlad point me in the general direction
of the city with directions. Get as far as Kew Boulevard and figure I
might as well throw that in as well. Wheeeeeee! :)

A transition in the office that a triathlete would be proud of and I'm
no longer adrenalin seeking MTBer but Bomber mad MCGer. Munching food
on the way and my MCC member wife gets me in to the members.

[Insert much footy stuff here. Great game, wrong result but I tipped
the Pies anyway so wasn't surprised. Shocked by first ten minutes though).

Dinner with friends, awesome day.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@