[Melb] Bicycling Australia Show this weekend

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
The biennial show is on again this year at the Exhibition Buildings, although the main entrance is in front of the museum and not from the Nicholson St side.

When: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th October 2006
Opening Times: 10am - 5pm
Where: The Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton VIC
Cost: $15 adults / $10 concession (children under 10 free)

Come along and say hi to all the Bicycle User Groups in the "Where to Ride" section, as YarraBUG are having a shared BUG stall (B3 and B4) at the show with our mates from BanyuleBUG, BoroondaraBUG, MazzaBUG, MelbourneBUG, MitchellBUG, MorelandBUG and NillumBUG.

Also, this should interest a few folks - the SMH Roller Derby

" .. On Sunday, 15th October, don't miss your chance to see Roller Derby racing featuring Australian sprint aces Mark French, Joel Leonard, Steven Sansonetti and Adrian Hanson. Also competing is Josiah Ng, the Malaysia sprint champion, and the rest of the Malaysian sprint team .. "

Online Guide here:http://bicyclingaustralia.com/
http://bicyclingaustralia.com/Portals/0/Show Guide 06.pdf

methinx sunday may not be the door-buster saturday will be.

Satruday be a good kick off for a big 'BIKE' weekend for many of us though.

Marx SS said:
methinx sunday may not be the door-buster saturday will be.

Satruday be a good kick off for a big 'BIKE' weekend for many of us though.

Not such a bad thing, we'll be possibly recovering from having a few drinks with "my good friend" Eddy.. :D

"Marx SS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> methinx sunday may not be the door-buster saturday will be.
>
> Satruday be a good kick off for a big 'BIKE' weekend for many of us
> though.

I am planning on having a look on the Saturday.......will probably have the
tin lids in tow though as SWMBO will be at work.......wonder if they have a
creche???

Gags

Gags said:
I am planning on having a look on the Saturday.......will probably have the
tin lids in tow though as SWMBO will be at work.......wonder if they have a
creche???

Just having a look at the floorplan - ok, not quite a creche, but there's a Kids Bike Training Area.

Quick precis - so far Bikesoiler & I are enjoying the "show experience".

The mega-shared BUG stall is going off, with a excellent response from the public. Euan & Suzie have a greatly expanded shopping list. Or is that a wish list? I'm too tired to type anything of staggering significance after two rather intensive meetings upstairs this arvo. Oh, yeah, people absolutely *love* the CPF bicycle pins, wearing a pink one today made several little girls seriously envious. Sincerely hope the BA Show dinner, CPF Awards & drinks with Eddy go well, I piked out as I realised how flippin' tired we both would be.

Back into the fray tomorrow morning, possibly further reportage later. ;)