[Melb] Cyclo X crits

warrwych

New Member
Jun 7, 2004
1,009
Taken from fat tyre flyers:

June 10, 4pm. The perfect pre-pub training. A genuine heart starter. Club Deluxe is running a 30 minute Cyclo-Cross/Dirt Crit. You ride, you run, you jump, around a great little track. Where? Between the Bourke Rd. foot bridge and the Eastern freeway along the bike path, behind the Kew Golf Course, confusing enough? if so check out the Deluxe website, cost $5.

http://www.deluxebicycleclub.com/home.php

warrwych said:
Taken from fat tyre flyers:

June 10, 4pm. The perfect pre-pub training. A genuine heart starter. Club Deluxe is running a 30 minute Cyclo-Cross/Dirt Crit. You ride, you run, you jump, around a great little track. Where? Between the Bourke Rd. foot bridge and the Eastern freeway along the bike path, behind the Kew Golf Course, confusing enough? if so check out the Deluxe website, cost $5.

http://www.deluxebicycleclub.com/home.php

coolio! just down the hill from moi, so an easy checkout

noice bitta realestate during summa (ignoring reptilian thingies) and by 4pm during winnda shoul have warmed up :D

personally i would like to see it go THRU the Kew golfcourse. That'd ruffle their cardigans!!! The only course in Melbourne with a certain 'pacemaker-hill' to have a button at top with direct link to ambulance line for old farts who have decided the 'new golf' just aint fer dem :rolleyes:

sounds intresting.
Does it have to be a cyclocross bike?
What does the 'running & jumping' entail?
...Not much more on the website about it...
Might check it out on the Stumpjumper.

,

Marx SS said:
sounds intresting.
Does it have to be a cyclocross bike?
What does the 'running & jumping' entail?
...Not much more on the website about it...
Might check it out on the Stumpjumper.

,

going by hte location of the course, I imagine some, err, r_nning, interspersed with some jumping :D:D:D

there's plenty of old fences and strange structures scattered thru there.
and snakes in warmer times :rolleyes:

Marx SS wrote:
> sounds intresting.
> Does it have to be a cyclocross bike?
> What does the 'running & jumping' entail?
> ..Not much more on the website about it...
> Might check it out on the Stumpjumper.
>
> ,
>

> --
> Marx SS

Traditionally cross races have a dismount, often with a barrier across
the course.
Additionally run ups too steep to ride are common.

And a primer
http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/?id=faq

Arh, I didn't make the event Saturday so I can't report.
(SO cornered me in a Bridge Rd boutique, no anvenue for escape....)
Anyone here went?

No further info on their site: http://www.deluxebicycleclub.com/events.php

(yeesh, wasn't it a coolish day Saturday? brass monkeys)