Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Melb: Fellow commuter rage... maybe..?

Started by gplama · · Last activity · 18 posts · 1,166 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
31 May 2006
Last activity
2 June 2006
Original author
gplama
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,166
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving in or out.

    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep on with my cool down in the back streets.

    Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

    GPL - Commuter Olympian

  2. In aus.bicycle on Wed, 31 May 2006 12:20:39 +1000

    gplama said:


    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
    next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
    no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep

    Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
    your knicks?"

    Zebee

  3. Zebee Johnstone said:


    In aus.bicycle on Wed, 31 May 2006 12:20:39 +1000

    gplama said:


    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
    next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
    no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep

    Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
    your knicks?"

    Zebee

    Or, "Did you see what that fscker in the conformadore just did? I'm
    gonna beat the fsck out of him at the next traffic lights..."

    Tam

  4. "gplama" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard
    session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I
    spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I
    take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of
    the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to
    have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the
    saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving
    in or out.

    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off
    next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have
    no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep
    on with my cool down in the back streets.

    Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets
    Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.


    Was he drafting you and you suprised him by braking, or swerving right to
    turn left, or....?

  5. [PHP][/PHP]

    gplama said:

    Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving in or out.

    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep on with my cool down in the back streets.

    Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

    GPL - Commuter Olympian

    [PHP][/PHP]

    maybe the crooked-toothed stinky pommie "former world champ" wheelsucker terrorising the river ride up here recently has moved down your way. We can only hope

  6. gplama said:

    Outbound Studly Rd into Kew last night around 8:30pm... after a hard session at the velo and a hard lap of the bouile I was almost spent. I spot a roadie commuter fly past.. arh good.. one last target.. Off I take.. caught him in no time. He stops at the lights at the bottom of the last rise (before the descent in to Kew junction). I hold back to have more speed to get up and over. I pass while he was out of the saddle grinding away, giving him more room than required, not swerving in or out.

    I keep the hammer down - doing my own thing. I then slow to turn off next to Vimy House. As I turn, I get a blast right in the ear. I have no idea what he said, but it was aggressive. I let him have it and keep on with my cool down in the back streets.

    Do you also scream at cars and motorbikes that pass you? Your Turrets Syndrome returning? Next time, stfu, or take a turn on the front.

    GPL - Commuter Olympian

    Take a turn on the front? What am I, Jens Voigt? Scream at cars? why not I say, and don't stop at cars, scream at pedestrians, dogs and discarded milk cartons! Arrrgh!

    That does feel better 🙂

    Riders in the western suburbs must be more relaxed... I haven't seen or heard similar 'around our way'.

    Ritch

  7. Zebee Johnstone said:

    Are you sure it wasn't "are you aware that there's a large hole in
    your knicks?"
    Zebee

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath them!!!

    Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.

  8. MikeyOz said:

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath them!!!

    'cept for the ladies 😉

  9. MikeyOz said:

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath them!!!

    Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.


    Don't knock the Flight Centre boys. I have their butts forever in my mind. Rrrr!

  10. "MikeyOz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
    who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
    them!!!

    Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.

    Yep, black is the only choice. -
    http://www.bikefriday.com/main.cfm?fuseaction=news.article&ID=397&Category=Fred

  11. MikeyOz said:

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath them!!!

    Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.

    I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him because a truck was in the way.

  12. deejbah said:

    I have seen a guy riding his bike in Adelaide with a flesh-coloured bodysuit. At first glance, we thought he was riding naked! I was on the bus at the time and despite having my camera, couldn't get a shot of him because a truck was in the way.

    Only in Adelaide would a grown man admit to wanting to take a picutre of another grown man looking nekkid! :P

  13. gplama said:

    Only in Adelaide would a grown man admit to wanting to take a picutre of another grown man looking nekkid! :P

    Ha! Normally, I would have been riding and not had my camera on me. I still to this day have trouble convincing myself that I actually saw what i saw!:eek:

  14. gplama said:

    'cept for the ladies 😉

    Didn't TimC establish that should be spelled "Laydeeez", with an emphasis
    on slEEEEZ?

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email hidden]
    "Forty-two" - Deep Thought

  15. deejbah said:

    Ha! Normally, I would have been riding and not had my camera on me. I still to this day have trouble convincing myself that I actually saw what i saw!:eek:

    I think I would have just tried to block it out of my mind, just as I am doing with what I saw the other day... *shudder*

  16. LotteBum said:


    MikeyOz said:

    on a similar vain to this post, I want to outlaw anybody I don't care
    who it is wearing white knicks, without having something on underneath
    them!!!

    Hello!! White! Sweat! for god's sake.... it's just not right.


    Don't knock the Flight Centre boys. I have their butts forever in my
    mind. Rrrr!

    Did Adam mention the one bending over fixing a puncture near the vibe
    ramp???

    T

  17. "MikeyOz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    deejbah said:

    Ha! Normally, I would have been riding and not had my camera on me. I
    still to this day have trouble convincing myself that I actually saw
    what i saw!:eek:

    I think I would have just tried to block it out of my mind, just as I
    am doing with what I saw the other day... *shudder*

    Hmmm - it might be time to reprise my tinsel outfit [1]. There must be some
    eyes that have recovered by now... It was funny when everyone raced to keep
    ahead of me so they didn't have to look, and I raced to keep ahead of them
    so they did!

    Dave@ might come alone with a link to a pic - if you dare!

    Tony F
    [1] g-string wrapped in tinsel, ribbon flowers on my nipples, helmet and
    shoes

  18. tony f said:

    Dave@ might come alone with a link to a pic - if you dare!

    Fine. Pimp your own site, but not mine. Bloody shameless you are!

    http://hired-goons.net/mtb-oz/tinsel.jpg

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email hidden]
    "Strata and syncline are not terms typically used in office
    filing systems." - Doc Nickel

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.