UK and Europe · Public discussion

Mirrors on flat handlebar cycles?

Started by Ian Teelan · · Last activity · 23 posts · 1,858 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
10 February 2004
Last activity
12 February 2004
Original author
Ian Teelan
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,858
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Geoff Pearson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Can anyone recommend effective mirrors


    I use a Mirrcycle - it is great on my flat Specialized bars.

    Seconded. Specifically, the Mountain Mirrycle.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    WARNING: may contain traces of irony. Contents may settle after posting.
    chapmancentral.co.ukchapmancentral.co.uk

  2. "Ian Teelan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is there a specific Mirrycle mirror for flat bars?

    Yes. It's called the Mountain Mirrycle. Darth Ian at Future Cycles had some last time I was in.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    WARNING: may contain traces of irony. Contents may settle after posting.
    chapmancentral.co.ukchapmancentral.co.uk

  3. In article said:

    Hi all,

    Can anyone recommend effective mirrors to fit on the bar ends of a flat handlebar cycle. I
    currently use Cateye Racing mirror (on right and left) but have never found them very satisfactory.
    I use Mirrycle mirrors on my drop bar cycle.

    I've got some Topeak mirrors that fold up inside a bar-end.
    wiggle.co.ukwiggle.co.uk The mirror isn't great, but the system does keep it
    nicely protected when not it use and it's easy to put back in the right position.

    Before that I had something very like wiggle.co.ukwiggle.co.uk but with a
    different brand name, which is a better mirror, but I found there was a choice between having the
    joint done up loosely, when it tended to droop by itself, or done up tightly, which made it very
    difficult to get back into position when it did get disturbed (either taking it off, or it getting
    knocked because I hadn't taken it off, at least once a day as I got it in and out of the car).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.