-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
In article <[email hidden]>,
Blair P. Houghton said:Sheldon Brown said:I said:>Modern Hyperglide and similar sprockets are not so good for friction
>because they shift so smoothly they don't give you good aural/tactile
>feedback if you have the derailer set between gears. I can't see any
>good reason to use friction shifting with modern equipment.
Blair P. Houghton said:
My chain and sprockets are wearing out; I do want to get
a few more gears on the rear, and new derailleurs front
and rear,Why do you want to replace your derailers? If they're not damaged, this
is a waste of money.I'm presuming I'll need new cogs in the rear der to handle
the skinnier chain. I could be entirely wrong about that,
never having done it. The front might work, but if I'm
replacing the rear...
_ The chains are skinner on the outside, not the inside.
They are all still 3/32, so the old jockey wheels will
work okay. In newer deraillers the upper jockey wheel
is purposely wobbly to allow a little imprecision in
the indexing.
_ Booker C. Bense
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.2
iQCVAwUBQtQgEWTWTAjn5N/lAQHB/AP9GEB+auARUiuGEVZ0WagJtU4rHp6NKsU0
i2eYm641axxNTY6YmC4aginz/iZ2gc8uZI3sRwdHDeYBZbLczQRhIlVuLfvaCtUt
4WGHmVMQnmd+npmuOgd2UFo6DFAuRY4H9IqfTCDiz92gtEhV1eQJIQtF0nkiJwtz
2MwOUJ/G0eQ=
=3wQe
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----