rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

MMF 07 Ride schedule is up!

Started by musketman · · Last activity · 10 posts · 137 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
29 January 2007
Last activity
29 January 2007
Original author
musketman
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
137
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Its all up for MMF 07! go here!

    www.moabmunifest.com

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  2. Hmm, how come it says:

    Saturday, March 24th: Main Riding Day, *Porcupine Rim *Trail.
    9:30 to 11:30 am. Meet* Slickrock Trailhead *parking for the Challenge
    Ride Competition. This will be held along sections of the Slickrock
    Practice Loop trail.
    11:30 on, Riders have a choice on continuing on and doing some or all
    of the *11 mile Slickrock trail *proper or meeting later at 1:00 pm at
    the *Fins ‘n Things Trailhead *

    Is it porcipine rim or not..?

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
    '*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
    BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
    You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  3. forrestunifreak said:

    Hmm, how come it says:

    Saturday, March 24th: Main Riding Day, *Porcupine Rim *Trail.
    9:30 to 11:30 am. Meet* Slickrock Trailhead *parking for the Challenge
    Ride Competition. This will be held along sections of the Slickrock
    Practice Loop trail.
    11:30 on, Riders have a choice on continuing on and doing some or all
    of the *11 mile Slickrock trail *proper or meeting later at 1:00 pm at
    the *Fins ‘n Things Trailhead *

    Is it porcipine rim or not..?

    I think it's Slickrock; Porcupine Rim would require significant
    shuttling. I'm sure Rolf was going back and forth on what the ride
    would be; last year he was talking about shuttling up to a new section
    of Porcupine Rim that would make it all downhill, but he couldn't get
    permits for the new section.

    I sent mail to Rolf about the discrepancy (which I also noticed).

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  4. This looks really awesome, I'm really tempted to go. I was wondering
    though what airport is closest to it, and how hard it would be to get
    one's self to and from the airport?

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  5. ntappin said:

    This looks really awesome, I'm really tempted to go. I was wondering
    though what airport is closest to it, and how hard it would be to get
    one's self to and from the airport?

    The closest airport is Grand Junction, Colorado, but it's a pretty
    small airport that's hard to get cheap flights into. Most people fly
    into Salt Lake City and rent a car (4 hour drive). There should be
    people open to ride-sharing.

    It *is* really awesome.

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  6. Hmm its only a 100 dollar difference, but for the slc its only 8 hours,
    I guess I will go with SLC, and try and take thursday afternoon off
    aswell.

    I would love to go, the only issue is whether or not I can get our
    busiest days off, we are rather short staffed right now, so hopefully
    that will be solved by then.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  7. what's the Challenge Ride Competition?

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  8. musketman said:

    what's the Challenge Ride Competition?

    Nevermind what I said here. I read it, and am still confused. Is this
    Challenge ride a Muni ride over hard spots, or like a trials ride over
    hard spots?

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  9. I think that's up to you. If it's what I seem to picture, I'm going to
    try to set up lines that have to be rolled without any hops.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
    weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
    of view
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

  10. Ill go in Expert if it's muni lines. But I just want to know if it is.
    Im getting all exited and posting alot! hehehe

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57284

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.