rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Moab 07 !

Started by maxcarriere · · Last activity · 40 posts · 603 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 January 2007
Last activity
24 February 2007
Original author
maxcarriere
Posts
40
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
603
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 40
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Spencer Hochberg said:

    Haha, I think I would loose really badly if I tried that. Trials on
    uneven surfaces does not go well with short cranks. I will probably
    ride my trials with 140s...or maybe 125s. I now have 3 set of koxx
    cranks but my koxx hub isn't laced into anything.

    I finally read all the info on the website. I think I am going to do
    the intermediate challenge thing. I don't want to do expert and have to
    compete against kris and all them. I would do better if it was more of
    a street comp that happened to be in rocks...

    Hah yeah I don't want to be hopping around all trialsy so I figure if I
    stick with the short cranks I will be forced to keep it rollin muni
    style, but I will still have the lighter easier to control wheel for
    it. I'm still debating whether or not I want to go in expert or sport,
    I want to go into expert because there will be alot of a challenge to
    it, but at the same time I doubt anyone in expert will be using a
    trials uni so I would feel bad being in it. I don't really care how
    well I do though.

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  2. ntappin said:

    Hey spencer you should do the challenge on the trials with the 110's,
    thats probably what I will be doing it on, nuless I get better on my
    26er, but so far I have only ridden it like two or three times.

    Use your 26. That's what im usin!

    --
    musketman

    MUSKETMAN
    www.unicycle.com

    For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  3. ntappin said:

    Hah yeah I don't want to be hopping around all trialsy so I figure if I
    stick with the short cranks I will be forced to keep it rollin muni
    style, but I will still have the lighter easier to control wheel for
    it.

    Well for the competition you will probably have to do some static
    hopping. If you want to use some longer cranks let me know because I
    can bring some longer koxx cranks with an isis puller that you can use.

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    'BC wheel movie.'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
    it.
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    AIM: SpencerHochberg
    Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

    Cody keeps messing with my sig line...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  4. musketman said:

    Use your 26. That's what im usin!

    I have only used it twice though so far, I think it will depend on my
    mood at the time. If I'm not feeling so hot about the 26er like I am
    now, then I will use the trials but if I'm lovin it then I will bust
    out the 26er but with 150 mm cranks and if I'm feeling crazy then I
    will stick with the 137's!

    --
    ntappin

    'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  5. I wonder if it would be okay to use both trials and muni.... I could con
    my dad into riding/carrying my extra uni for me.🙄

    Nah I dunno. I'll decide which one to use when I get there. Probablly
    just my 24"I guess.

    Spencer Hochberg said:

    If there is a competition then I am definitely going to use my trials
    uni. I am too uncoordinated on my muni. The last time it was fully
    assembled was cmw.

    Oh yeah, I remember you having trouble on that one drop on the slick
    rock thing last year. It looked like you had trouble rolling away with
    the bigger wheel... You even fell on your back I think...

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
    '*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
    BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
    You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  6. forrestunifreak said:


    Oh yeah, I remember you having trouble on that one drop on the slick
    rock thing last year. It looked like you had trouble rolling away with
    the bigger wheel... You even fell on your back I think...

    Ha yeah, I never ever ride my muni so when I do ride it I suck a lot. I
    would be way better off just riding a trials uni but it goes too slow.

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    'BC wheel movie.'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
    it.
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    AIM: SpencerHochberg
    Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

    Cody keeps messing with my sig line...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  7. I would be willing to split fuel cost wit ya. I live in calgary.

    --
    Danni

    leo said:

    Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

    '*Ha Ha haaaaa*' (

    )'!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54347)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  8. Hmm, I have the money for it, I have a ride to it, but I dont have a
    muni.

    Will it be worth it to go to Moab with just a trials uni?

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  9. Jerrick said:

    Hmm, I have the money for it, I have a ride to it, but I dont have a
    muni.

    Will it be worth it to go to Moab with just a trials uni?

    Absolutely.

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  10. tholub said:

    Absolutely.

    Thanks. =p

    Im just trying to reinsure myself I wont be missing out if I dont have
    a muni.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  11. YAY!
    JERRICKS GOING TO MOOOOAAB!

    *Yessssss*

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.

    maxcarriere said:

    nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
    body..

    uni_jim said:

    isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
    where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?😉 😄

    'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
    *PANIC BUTTON-->':eek: '
    (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  12. Jerrick said:

    Thanks. =p

    Im just trying to reinsure myself I wont be missing out if I dont have
    a muni.

    You would just be missing out if you didn't go. Some people rode trials
    unis last year, you just have to pedal a little more😉

    I have a muni but I am debating if I even want to use it, I probably
    will but I need to practice on it first I guess so it doesnt feel
    weird.

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    'BC wheel movie.'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
    it.
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    AIM: SpencerHochberg
    Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

    Im messing with it again!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  13. i'm thinking on updating my trials machine, but that's only after i
    finish my ski press.

    my moab registration should be in the mail tomorrow afternoon!
    yay!

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.

    maxcarriere said:

    nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
    body..

    uni_jim said:

    isn't [the superbowl] like a giant dip bowl in mexico filled with salsa
    where everyone brings a bag of tostitos and digs in?😉 😄

    'BUY SOME SHIRTS, DAMMIT!' (http://www.zazzle.com/abbabibble)
    *PANIC BUTTON-->':eek: '
    (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  14. My dad said he would take me and my little brother and our friend, but
    he doesnt ride so he said he would take his 4 wheeler up there and ride
    that around somewhere (moab is in the dirt bike and 4 wheeler magazines
    all the time and there are supposed to be tons of trails for 4 wheelers
    and dirtbikes) while we ride...he should be able to ride right.
    And also anyone from pueblo going...or in that fact anyone from denver
    to pueblo going?

    --
    Uniman_3
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uniman_3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14387
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  15. Uniman_3 said:

    My dad said he would take me and my little brother and our friend, but
    he doesnt ride so he said he would take his 4 wheeler up there and ride
    that around somewhere (moab is in the dirt bike and 4 wheeler magazines
    all the time and there are supposed to be tons of trails for 4 wheelers
    and dirtbikes) while we ride...he should be able to ride right.

    Yes, there are tons of trails of all kinds; ATV, jeep trails, rock
    crawling. Skydiving, base jumping, white water rafting; pretty much
    anything you can do outside, you can do in Moab.

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  16. Except ski perhaps.

    --
    madmattunipro

    Quoted message said:

    <>Unicycle For Christ<><

    www.bedfordunicycles.ca

    http://www.norco.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  17. madmattunipro said:

    Except ski perhaps.

    Including ski! They don't have downhill resorts, but there's plenty of
    snow in the La Sals for cross country and other sports.

    --
    tholub
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  18. Im going to Moab!!!!!!!!!
    woot!

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
    matter anyway.

    fluxusmaximus said:

    It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
    object.

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
    to world domination.
    'CarbonFibreSeat!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56125)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  19. I think we should have forum name tags at the saturaday dinner program.
    You never know who's who sometimes....

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
    '*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
    BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
    You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

  20. forrestunifreak said:

    I think we should have forum name tags at the saturaday dinner program.
    You never know who's who sometimes....

    I agree!

    --
    unicycle6869

    Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

    Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
    screws the country?

    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
    morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"~Frank
    Sinatra
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56333

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.