OmManiPadmeOmelet said:
Quoted message said:I HATE
bell peppers! They add a bitter flavor to anything they are cooked
with.
ITA as to the green ones - I pick 'em out whenever possible. They're
nasty. The DH likes my grandmother's stuffed bell pepper recipe
(simple as dirt), so I fix one bell pepper for him and another for me.
His has chopped bell peppers in it, mine has none. And before you ask
why I waste a bell pepper if I don't like 'em, it's part of the
presentation, AFAICS, but until this thread, I hadn't even thought to
replace a green pepper with a red one. Hmmmm.
Mom's recipe:
@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
Stuffed Green Peppers
meats and poultry
1 1/2 pounds ground beef; pref. ham and beef combo
1 can corn; drained
2 cans tomato sauce
4 large green peppers
season to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice tops off green pepper so they fit in the
casserole neatly, scooping out the seeds. Parboil. Brown the meat and
drain. Add the corn and tomato sauce, then season to taste. Place
parboiled peppers cut side up in casserole and fill with meat mixture,
then fill in between the peppers. Bake for 45 mins.
Contributor: Neva Marken Hopkins
Yield: 4 servings
Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."
Finley Peter Dunne (1900)
To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"