MONDAY NITE GOLF,,,,,,, DAMN

Richard Thompson

Guest
Why can`t we have monday nite bicycle racing? Velodrome sprints ,
or mass start 10 mile racing or even the longest track stand would be
more interesting than GOLF. The Bear

@ @

~~~

Richard Thompson wrote:
> Why can`t we have monday nite bicycle racing? Velodrome sprints ,
> or mass start 10 mile racing or even the longest track stand would be
> more interesting than GOLF. The Bear
>
> @ @
>
> ~~~

Start your own cable channel. I'll sign up if you carry the three GT's,
Dauphine, TdS, all CDM, all non-CDM classics and the Vuelta a Burgos!
(plus all the monday night crits!)

in article [email protected], Richard Thompson
at [email protected] wrote on 8/2/04 7:58 PM:

> Why can`t we have monday nite bicycle racing? Velodrome sprints ,
> or mass start 10 mile racing or even the longest track stand would be
> more interesting than GOLF. The Bear
>
> @ @
>
> ~~~

And from the sounds of it, the HEW Cyclassics was more exciting in its
finale than any individual stage of the Tour de France this year.

-Sonarrat.

Let's keep trying...I remember in the '60s when my parents poo-poo'd our
first paper drive at the elementary school, saying that recycling was a
waste of time and it would never catch on....

both cycling and re-cycling are huge in Europe...perhaps they will be here
someday, too.

ie

"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BD34568D.6FD1%[email protected]...
> in article [email protected], Richard

Thompson
> at [email protected] wrote on 8/2/04 7:58 PM:
>
> > Why can`t we have monday nite bicycle racing? Velodrome sprints ,
> > or mass start 10 mile racing or even the longest track stand would be
> > more interesting than GOLF. The Bear
> >
> > @ @
> >
> > ~~~

> And from the sounds of it, the HEW Cyclassics was more exciting in its
> finale than any individual stage of the Tour de France this year.
>
> -Sonarrat.

"ie" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> Let's keep trying...I remember in the '60s when my parents poo-poo'd our
> first paper drive at the elementary school, saying that recycling was a
> waste of time and it would never catch on....
>
> both cycling and re-cycling are huge in Europe...perhaps they will be here
> someday, too.
>
> ie

Frankly, when I lived in central Connecticut, the recycling there and then
(1992-5) was much more advanced than one has here, in Paris at the moment.
Perhaps there was more grudging compliance, but you didn't have dog **** all
over the sidewalks, the streets were not substitutes for litter baskets, and
there was a vibrant market for recycling appliances and electronics. I will
admit that NYC offers a complete contradiction to what I just wrote in
praise of Connecticut.
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "ie" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
> news:[email protected]...
> > Let's keep trying...I remember in the '60s when my parents poo-poo'd our
> > first paper drive at the elementary school, saying that recycling was a
> > waste of time and it would never catch on....
> >
> > both cycling and re-cycling are huge in Europe...perhaps they will be here
> > someday, too.
> >
> > ie

> Frankly, when I lived in central Connecticut, the recycling there and then
> (1992-5) was much more advanced than one has here, in Paris at the moment.
> Perhaps there was more grudging compliance, but you didn't have dog **** all
> over the sidewalks, the streets were not substitutes for litter baskets, and
> there was a vibrant market for recycling appliances and electronics. I will
> admit that NYC offers a complete contradiction to what I just wrote in
> praise of Connecticut.

I visited Marseilles in the early 90's and was astounded by the heaps
of stinking rubbish left in the street beside the Centre Bourse. To
my knowledge there wasn't a garbage haulers strike at the time. A
good wind kicking up off the Med and paper and plastic were
everywhere. At least in Santa Cruz, CA we keep the trash in
dumpsters, it may smell in summer, but it doesn't blow all over the
place and isn't allowed to be piled in the street.

Munich, around the same time was so clean I thought one could almost
eat off the sidewalks.