Matt B said:David Lloyd said:
Listen, I am the PP.
Fair enough, but it would have been more apparent if you used the same name.
Quoted message said:I know what I said. As I've explained before, I use a
Google groups account only when I'm posting from work.
I've never read it before. So, just to clarify:
"Sirius631" == "David Lloyd" ?
Quoted message said:I know the area
around the velodrome, where Emma was knocked off her bike. The cycle lane is
segregated from the road in that area,
By what - a kerb, wall, armco, hedge, white line, grass verge?
Quoted message said:so in my opinion (and it was just my
opinion) it would take some doing for him to knock her off just by /simple/
accident. Lane/path? You say 'tomAto', I say 'tomARto'.
The term 'cycle path' isn't used in the highway code, so I assumed
(maybe incorrectly) that you meant 'cycle track', as opposed to 'cycle
lane'.
OK. Sorry for the confussion. I should understand that it is impossible
for everyone to read everything. Yes Sirius631=dldl11345=David Lloyd. I
should have picked a nickname similar to my home e-mail addi, I
suppose.
As to the segregation of the cycle lane. For the most part, it is
seperated from the road by kerbs forming a wide-ish barrier on which
other street signage is located. Thinking more about it, there are
points at which it crosses access roads for Philipps Park and the
cemetry, but these are not public rights of way. IMHO, if you stray
into the cycle lane in a car, you will soon know about it when you hit
the kerbs/road signs or take out your sump. God knows how this numpty
managed it.
David Lloyd
Not been anywhere near the the pub - so I can't blame that.