Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

More desert rocky goodliness. ~VIDEO~

Started by P E T E F A G E · · Last activity · 15 posts · 1,818 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
5 February 2004
Last activity
7 February 2004
Original author
P E T E F A G E
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,818
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    can't always get blue skies.

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon.mpg 48 mb

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

  2. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:

    Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    can't always get blue skies.

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon.mpg 48 mb

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

    The high quality was outstanding. I didn't look at the typical web mode. I tried to ride up that
    [censored] last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no, I sucked) as the Sesame
    Street section.

    I like the shots done with overcast skies. It takes away annoying shadows (imo). Must have been
    during the week as there weren't any hikers.

    Gary

  3. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:27 -0700, "GeeDubb" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I tried to ride up that [censored] last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.

    Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature
    ONLY climbing.

    Up Geronimo.

  4. "GeeDubb" <[email hidden]> had this to say
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    P e t e F a g e r l i n said:

    Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but
    you can't always get blue skies.

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is
    at my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon.mpg 48 mb

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

    The high quality was outstanding. >

    Yep, I liked the high quality as well, but thank god for MUTE ya' know

    Dave

  5. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:
    GeeDubb said:

    I tried to ride up that [censored] last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.

    Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    climbing.

    Up Geronimo.

    I'd go to Geronimo......if I wanted to go for a hike <(;-}. Can't wait to see the video. There is a
    group of riders here that tackle that trail all the time on hard tails (down hill). Not me, I'm too
    old to learn how to do it now (takes too long to heal).

    It's good to have the camera perspective of what I can't do.

    Gary

  6. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:

    Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    can't always get blue skies.

    Nice riding, looks like a great place.

    I thought for sure the man in blue was going to eat it about 2/3 the way through.

    Those slo-mo scenes sure were....s-l-o-w!

  7. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:

    Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    can't always get blue skies.

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon.mpg 48 mb

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

    Videos like these bring much joy to those of us in the cold, wet, muddy, non-ridable east. This was
    one of my favorites. The slow-mo parts were a nice touch, particularly the first scene -- impressive
    little move there on a tight track

    Tom (living vicariously for now)

  8. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:
    GeeDubb said:

    I tried to ride up that [censored] last Saturday.......let's just say I wasn't quite as good (well no,
    I sucked) as the Sesame Street section.

    Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    climbing.

    Up Geronimo.

    Looking forward to it. I finally watched the last Rockville vid and it was nice to see the
    climbing scenes.

    Greg

    --
    "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
    just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

  9. I vote for the high quality. Pixelation less in fullscreen mode.
    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Fruita and Norcal boys dropping down Mormon on South Mountain. Bummer about the flat light but you
    can't always get blue skies.

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon.mpg 48 mb

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

  10. Quoted message said:

    I'm trying something new since I have some excess bandwidth. Two versions. The first version is at
    my typical web quality. The second version is higher quality.

    mtbvideos.netmormon high.mpg 116 mb

    Mmmmh, high res... yummy! That is what I'm talking about! Makes me soooo homesick though.

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled as
    he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    Awesome video, can't wait for the climbing part...it would be even more impressive to see yellow
    jersey guy doing those switchbacks uphill.

    John Morgan

  11. John Morgan said:

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled as
    he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    Uh....much steeper than it looks.

  12. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:
    John Morgan said:

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled
    as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    Uh....much steeper than it looks.

    that's an understatement......

    Gary

  13. "John Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<yDHUb.49578$F15.9583@fed1read06>...

    Quoted message said:

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving, but yellow jersey guy, skilled
    as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster sections.

    You're calling Chet Peach slow? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    JD

  14. P e t e F a g e r l i n said:

    Then you'll enjoy the next video, which, against all conventional wisdom, will feature ONLY
    climbing.

    Nice Vid. Can't wait to check it out.

    Peace, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and
    on the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  15. "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "John Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<yDHUb.49578$F15.9583@fed1read06>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know watching the action through a video lens can be deceiving,


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    yellow jersey guy, skilled as he may be, seemed to be positively crawling in some of the faster
    sections.

    You're calling Chet Peach slow? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    JD

    Well yeah... if you want to put that kind of a spin on it. I said the video lens made it seem like
    he was going slow.

    I've already heard you rave about his apparently inhuman skills, so I thought I my head nod in his
    direction would be adequate. Glad you got a good laugh out of it.

    But if you want my philosophy... no matter how fast you are, you're still slow.

    -John Morgan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.