More than I thought...

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by PopeSamXVI, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

    So apparently there a lot of banjo playing unicyclists. Banjo125,
    obviosuly plays, I play, and today a bumber sticker for banjo.com came
    alongside a unicycle.com bumpersticker in the box with my new seat post
    clamp.

    Weird. I wonder if one naturally draws the other.

    Does anyone else here play, can you play while riding? I can, but since
    I can't idle well I can't put on a show.

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

  2. Rayden

    Rayden Guest

  3. S_Wallis

    S_Wallis Guest

    Rayden wrote:
    > *Yeah what is the deal with getting a Banjo.com sticker with a
    > unicycle.com order? I got one. *

    John Drummond, owner of Unicycle.com, is a banjo player and he has
    recently started up Banjo.com.

    --
    S_Wallis - MUni Motivated

    "Don't neglect your knees! They're really useful." Words of wisdom from
    Cyberbellum

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
    how to do it." Pablo Picasso
    S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520

  4. JJuggle

    JJuggle Guest

    Rayden wrote:
    > *Yeah what is the deal with getting a Banjo.com sticker with a
    > unicycle.com order? I got one. *

    The Drummonds who run Unicycle.com also run Banjo.com. John threatened
    to hold my latest uni order hostage unless I also ordered a banjo. Don't
    be surprised if you get tuning pegs instead of crank bolts with your
    next order.

    Raphael Lasar
    Matawan, NJ

    *Disclaimer:* The first sentence in the above is true. The second two
    sentences are jokes. They are meant to be humorous not serious. John did
    not hold my last order hostage for the reason stated above or any other
    reason. He sent it in a timely manner with all the parts I ordered. John
    and the entire staff of unicycle.com and banjo.com are fully capable of
    distinguishing unicycle parts from banjo parts. They will not send banjo
    parts with your unicycle order nor visa-versa (John, don't make me a
    liar). Darren Bedford will not begin including tawdry t-shirts with your
    next unicycle order unless you request one. Roger will not attempt to
    foist marmite or marmite based products on you if you order unicycles or
    any other unicycling paraphernalia from him.

    --
    JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

    Whenever we drive, the road feels longer than what we've cycled. - Lars
    Clausen, -One Wheel - Many Spokes-, page 48
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

  5. phil

    phil Guest

    JJuggle wrote:
    > *Roger will not attempt to foist marmite or marmite based products on
    > you if you order unicycles or any other unicycling paraphernalia from
    > him. *

    I can hear lots of Americans thinking "aww, dammit..." :)

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

  6. Borges

    Borges Guest

    Did anyone else notice that if you take a midi file with "Onto us a
    child is born" from Händels "Messiah" and change the instruments to
    banjo, parts of it sounds kinda like duelling banjos?

    --
    Borges

    "However, I confess that the ultimate wheel lacks the day to day
    practicality of the conventional unicycle" -Mikefule
    Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

  7. JJuggle

    JJuggle Guest

    Borges wrote:
    > *Did anyone else notice that if you take a midi file with "Onto us a
    > child is born" from Händels "Messiah" and change the instruments to
    > banjo, parts of it sounds kinda like duelling banjos? *

    Why yes, I did notice that. What an amazing coincidence.

    Raphael Lasar
    Matawan, NJ

    --
    JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

    Whenever we drive, the road feels longer than what we've cycled. - Lars
    Clausen, -One Wheel - Many Spokes-, page 48
    JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

  8. no_limit

    no_limit Guest

  9. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

    I could use some wood finish and a mute. And maybe some new strings if I
    keep playing the way I have. If I order unicycle and banjo parts in the
    same hour will I get them in the same box? It would be economical.

    --

  10. JJuggle wrote:
    > *Roger will not attempt to foist marmite or marmite based products on
    > you if you order unicycles or any other unicycling paraphernalia from
    > him. *

    Ahhh.... I was working on that one. You have let it out of the bag now.
    :-(

    Roger

    --
    rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist
    rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

  11. ned

    ned Guest

  12. PopeSamXVI