General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

more than one cookie pan in oven at same time?

Started by Aaron Epstein · · Last activity · 8 posts · 439 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 March 2004
Last activity
2 April 2004
Original author
Aaron Epstein
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
439
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
    mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
    cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
    placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
    just one pan of cookies at the same time?

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
    time, baking will be done unevenly.

    All replies, opinions, answers, etc. welcomed.

    Aaron in N. Hollywood

  2. Quoted message said:

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
    time, baking will be done unevenly.

    Shift their positions once or twice during the (brief)
    baking.

    Bake everything at the same time; if you delay placing some
    of your pans in the oven, the leaveners will weaken in the
    ones waiting outside.

    Neil

  3. Aaron Epstein said:

    I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
    mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
    cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
    placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
    just one pan of cookies at the same time?

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at same
    time, baking will be done unevenly.

    It really depends on your experience with your oven. Some
    ovens have hotspots where food burns while the rest is
    uncooked. When you put everything in at once, it takes
    longer for the oven to get back up to baking temperature
    which can affect how long you have to bake for, but again,
    it depends on the oven. Some come up to temp faster than
    others. You might try moving the pans around while baking,
    but that means opening the oven door which means the temp
    goes down which means the oven comes back up to temp
    unevenly. How important are these brownies? If it were me,
    I'd put everything in at once, watch through the glass door
    and note how everything turns out. If it were imperitive
    that I get it right the first time, I'd bake only one or two
    pans at a time.

    --Lia

  4. "Julia Altshuler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:4iIac.154223$po.904574@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:
    Aaron Epstein said:

    I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury
    brownie mix. The contents of one package requires a
    total of four cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all
    four pans be placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do
    I need to cook just one pan of cookies at the same time?

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at
    same time, baking will be done unevenly.

    It really depends on your experience with your oven. Some
    ovens have hotspots where food burns while the rest is
    uncooked. When you put everything in at once, it takes
    longer for the oven to get back up to baking temperature
    which can affect how long you have to bake for, but again,
    it depends on the oven. Some come up to temp faster than
    others. You might try moving the pans around while baking,
    but that means opening the oven door which means the temp
    goes down which means the oven comes back up to temp
    unevenly. How important are these brownies? If it were me,
    I'd put everything in at once, watch through the glass
    door and note how everything turns out. If it were
    imperitive that I get it right the first time, I'd bake
    only one or two pans at a time.

    --Lia

    I get inconsistent results if I put the pans on different
    racks. I feel that not only does the heat differ in
    different parts of the oven, but even heat circulation is
    also blocked.

    Dora

  5. "limey" wrote in message >

    Quoted message said:


    I get inconsistent results if I put the pans on different
    racks. I feel that not only does the heat differ in
    different parts of the oven, but


    even

    Quoted message said:

    heat circulation is also blocked.

    Dora


    I wasn't very clear. I get inconsistent results if I put
    cookie sheets or cake pans in the oven at the same time, but
    on different racks.

    Dora

  6. "Aaron Epstein" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury brownie
    mix. The contents of one package requires a total of four
    cookie pans. If the oven has room, can all four pans be
    placed in the oven at the same time, OR, do I need to cook
    just one pan of cookies at the same time?

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at
    same time, .

    All replies, opinions, answers, etc. welcomed.

    The heat distribution will be uneven but if you are watchful
    and you are able to determine when the cookies have reached
    the right stage of doneness you can compensate for it.

    I've done this with OK results by removing the cookie
    sheet on the lower rack when the cookies on it are done
    and then moving the other cookie sheet from the higher to
    the lower rack to continue baking for a couple more
    minutes until done.

  7. IF you have good ventilation in your oven, you can do
    this. Place all of the pans in and turn and switch them
    half way through baking as quickly as you can. Meaning if
    one pan is on the bottom left, spin it around and put it
    top right. Only do this once and the cooking time should
    be a little longer.

  8. limey said:


    "Julia Altshuler" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:4iIac.154223$po.904574@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:
    Aaron Epstein said:

    I am preparing brownie cookies made from Pillbury
    brownie mix. The contents of one package requires a
    total of four cookie pans. If the oven has room, can
    all four pans be placed in the oven at the same time,
    OR, do I need to cook just one pan of cookies at the
    same time?

    I've been told that if all pans are placed in oven at
    same time, baking will be done unevenly.

    It really depends on your experience with your oven.
    Some ovens have hotspots where food burns while the rest
    is uncooked. When you put everything in at once, it
    takes longer for the oven to get back up to baking
    temperature which can affect how long you have to bake
    for, but again, it depends on the oven. Some come up to
    temp faster than others. You might try moving the pans
    around while baking, but that means opening the oven
    door which means the temp goes down which means the oven
    comes back up to temp unevenly. How important are these
    brownies? If it were me, I'd put everything in at once,
    watch through the glass door and note how everything
    turns out. If it were imperitive that I get it right the
    first time, I'd bake only one or two pans at a time.

    --Lia

    I get inconsistent results if I put the pans on different
    racks. I feel that not only does the heat differ in
    different parts of the oven, but even heat circulation is
    also blocked.

    Dora

    I always switch racks halfway through. This works fine for
    me.

    Kate
    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead
    already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey
    really *is* what it's all about? "][email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.