Morning Coffee

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Bubbo, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee

    this morning I made 5 shots instead of the usual 4. It's almost to the point
    where there's no room to add the water for the americano.

    Then i drink tea most of the day.

    anyone else addicted?
    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

    Tags:

  2. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.

    I'd say i'm addicted.. .yeah, addicted.. that's it... addicted...
    addicted and bouncing off the walls... yeah, off the walls...
    bouncing... addicted..... me... addicted

    Kev

  3. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    kevnbro wrote:
    >>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    > I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    > (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    > And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    > martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.
    >
    > I'd say i'm addicted.. .yeah, addicted.. that's it... addicted...
    > addicted and bouncing off the walls... yeah, off the walls...
    > bouncing... addicted..... me... addicted
    >
    > Kev

    just...don't...call...it...a...martini!

    I have a little tea station that I set up in my office. I have one of thoe
    plug-in water boiler pots, loose leaf earl grey tea, a loose cocoa/maté,
    teabags with everything from chamomile to green to maté to chai. People come
    see me for tea. I should keep some cookies around too, but the security guards
    wuld just eat them at night.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  4. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >just...don't...call...it...a...martini!

    HAHA!! I walked away with half a butt-cheek after my "pineapple
    martini" scalding.
    I'm sittin' sideways over here. Kev

  5. The Bubbo wrote:

    > >>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    If you ever try to get off that caffeine, your head will feel like it
    is going to split in half from the pain. I suffered with a nagging
    headache for about 2 days, some folks have to take to their beds
    they're so sick. Now I just drink one 16 ounce mug per day and that's
    more than enough for me.

    Don't ask me how, but caffeine makes the body retain water. That's why
    so many diet plans tell you to drink decaf coffee, caffeine-free colas,
    etc.

  6. King's Crown

    King's Crown Guest

    "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > kevnbro wrote:
    >>>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    >> I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    >> (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    >> And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    >> martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.
    >>
    >> I'd say i'm addicted.. .yeah, addicted.. that's it... addicted...
    >> addicted and bouncing off the walls... yeah, off the walls...
    >> bouncing... addicted..... me... addicted
    >>
    >> Kev
    >>

    > just...don't...call...it...a...martini!
    >
    > I have a little tea station that I set up in my office. I have one of thoe
    > plug-in water boiler pots, loose leaf earl grey tea, a loose cocoa/maté,
    > teabags with everything from chamomile to green to maté to chai. People
    > come
    > see me for tea. I should keep some cookies around too, but the security
    > guards
    > wuld just eat them at night.
    >
    > --
    > .:Heather:

    Hi Heather,

    About a month ago I bought one of those plug in water pots. The whistling
    kettle on the stove was driving me INSANE! My husband would put the pot on
    and go take a shower. This electric pot is great. It heats up a full pot
    of water in less than 6 minutes and then shuts itself off. Hubby gets hot
    water, I get sleep. Yeah!

    Coffee... I make myself a Latte' every day. Just one, but I've got to have
    that one or I'm craving it all day. So, I guess I'd have to say it's an
    addiction.

    Lynne

  7. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "King's Crown" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee

    ....I imagine your blood pression is OK! :DDDDD
    Pan

  8. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    King's Crown wrote:

    > Hi Heather,
    >
    > About a month ago I bought one of those plug in water pots. The whistling
    > kettle on the stove was driving me INSANE! My husband would put the pot on
    > and go take a shower. This electric pot is great. It heats up a full pot
    > of water in less than 6 minutes and then shuts itself off. Hubby gets hot
    > water, I get sleep. Yeah!
    >
    > Coffee... I make myself a Latte' every day. Just one, but I've got to have
    > that one or I'm craving it all day. So, I guess I'd have to say it's an
    > addiction.
    >
    > Lynne

    David NEEDS the whistling teapot! this is a guy who put eggs on to boil and
    then went to watch his movie and forgot. I got home from the dog park to this
    AWFUL stench and a guy with a sheepish look on his face (not to mention a
    permanently stained pan).

    I think it's funny to watch my coffee drinking evolution, starting in college
    with regular coffee then mocha's then lattes, lattes with extra shots,
    americanos, americanos with an extra shot and now just mostly espresso with a
    bit of water to fill the cup.

    I don't just crave the coffee, I get wicked bad headaches without it. If I
    don't get it by about 10 or 11am I'm screwed. I'm sure it's psychological and
    a matter of habit, but I hate those headaches so much I'm not willing to mess
    with them.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  9. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    kevnbro wrote:
    >>just...don't...call...it...a...martini!

    > HAHA!! I walked away with half a butt-cheek after my "pineapple
    > martini" scalding.
    > I'm sittin' sideways over here. Kev

    hmm sounds like a solid weight loss program, perhaps I will post the
    ginger-martini recipe I have...

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  10. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    itsjoannotjoann wrote:

    > If you ever try to get off that caffeine, your head will feel like it
    > is going to split in half from the pain. I suffered with a nagging
    > headache for about 2 days, some folks have to take to their beds
    > they're so sick. Now I just drink one 16 ounce mug per day and that's
    > more than enough for me.
    >
    > Don't ask me how, but caffeine makes the body retain water. That's why
    > so many diet plans tell you to drink decaf coffee, caffeine-free colas,
    > etc.

    oh, believe me, I am well acquainted with this headache. Last winter I kept
    getting pneumonia every time I got sick, and I got sick probably 4 or 5 times.
    I didn't care about food or water or anything, i just wanted my coffee! I
    begged my dad to come over one day to make it for me since I was too
    weak/blurry eyed/ cough-ee to do it myself.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  11. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:

    > David NEEDS the whistling teapot! this is a guy who put eggs on to boil and
    > then went to watch his movie and forgot. I got home from the dog park to this
    > AWFUL stench and a guy with a sheepish look on his face (not to mention a
    > permanently stained pan).

    Is there a comparable gizmo for frying pans. My wife is notorious for cooking
    everything on high heat, some sometimes goes off to do something else. Last week
    when her sister was visiting she headed off upstairs to look for something in the
    middle of cooking scrambled eggs.... on High.

  12. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee
    >
    > this morning I made 5 shots instead of the usual 4. It's almost to the
    > point
    > where there's no room to add the water for the americano.
    >
    > Then i drink tea most of the day.
    >
    > anyone else addicted?
    > --
    > .:Heather:.
    > www.velvet-c.com

    Hi, my name is Kimberly, and I am a coffeeholic.
    Lately, it's hot coffee, being sick and all. But I do drink it every day,
    and am not ashamed to say so. ;-)

    kimberly

  13. Spitzmaus

    Spitzmaus Guest

    The Bubbo wrote:

    > I don't just crave the coffee, I get wicked bad headaches without it. If I
    > don't get it by about 10 or 11am I'm screwed. I'm sure it's psychological

    and
    > a matter of habit, but I hate those headaches so much I'm not willing to

    mess
    > with them.
    >
    > --
    > .:Heather:.
    > www.velvet-c.com

    Those killer headaches ain't just psychological, babe! Caffeine is a
    big-time vaso-constrictor, so it follows that attempts to go "on the wagon"
    often result in withdrawal headaches, particularly for us heavy consumers.
    In the days when I tried to wean myself off coffee, tea, etc., I used to
    "cheat" and take Excedrin for the pain; original Excedrin contains caffeine,
    a mighty good dose of it.

    And whatdya know, it worked!

    Spitz
    --
    "Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"

  14. Nexis

    Nexis Guest

    "The Bubbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > kevnbro wrote:
    >>>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    >> I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    >> (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    >> And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    >> martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.
    >>
    >> I'd say i'm addicted.. .yeah, addicted.. that's it... addicted...
    >> addicted and bouncing off the walls... yeah, off the walls...
    >> bouncing... addicted..... me... addicted
    >>
    >> Kev
    >>

    > just...don't...call...it...a...martini!
    >
    > I have a little tea station that I set up in my office. I have one of thoe
    > plug-in water boiler pots, loose leaf earl grey tea, a loose cocoa/maté,
    > teabags with everything from chamomile to green to maté to chai. People
    > come
    > see me for tea. I should keep some cookies around too, but the security
    > guards
    > wuld just eat them at night.
    >
    > --
    > .:Heather:.
    > www.velvet-c.com

    Tea too, me too.
    I have a vast collection of teapots and my daughter and I pick on each
    evening and make a pot of tea to share. It's a lovely tradition and we plan
    to stick with it.
    Have you tried Harney & Sons teas? They're awesome. They have the best Earl
    Grey (The Earl Grey Supreme) that I've ever had, and I've tried them all
    <g>. The Hot Cinnamon Sunset is my current favorite, though my daughter
    prefers Citrus Blend. They have a terrific array of Oolong and green teas,
    and a great selection of blends. White teas too.

    kimberly

  15. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Spitzmaus wrote:
    > The Bubbo wrote:
    >
    >> I don't just crave the coffee, I get wicked bad headaches without it. If I
    >> don't get it by about 10 or 11am I'm screwed. I'm sure it's psychological

    > and
    >> a matter of habit, but I hate those headaches so much I'm not willing to

    > mess
    >> with them.
    >>
    >> --
    >> .:Heather:.
    >> www.velvet-c.com

    > Those killer headaches ain't just psychological, babe! Caffeine is a
    > big-time vaso-constrictor, so it follows that attempts to go "on the wagon"
    > often result in withdrawal headaches, particularly for us heavy consumers.
    > In the days when I tried to wean myself off coffee, tea, etc., I used to
    > "cheat" and take Excedrin for the pain; original Excedrin contains caffeine,
    > a mighty good dose of it.
    >
    > And whatdya know, it worked!
    >
    > Spitz

    David's always trying to get me to eat/live healthier. He's on a campaign to
    get the caffeine and nicotine out of my life. Poor guy, has no idea how
    stubborn I can be, but I assured him if I ever got the caffeine withdrawal
    headach because of him I'd break his fingers for fun.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  16. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:32:51 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >oh, believe me, I am well acquainted with this headache. Last winter I kept
    >getting pneumonia every time I got sick, and I got sick probably 4 or 5 times.
    >I didn't care about food or water or anything, i just wanted my coffee! I
    >begged my dad to come over one day to make it for me since I was too
    >weak/blurry eyed/ cough-ee to do it myself.

    I was a coffee addict in college. I drank it to the point I'd often
    get sick from all the caffine... if's very flulike in nature. The
    only way I could wean myself from coffee was to gradually add
    decafinated coffee until I was drinking only decaf. It took years of
    decaf to not have that nagging feeling something essential is missing
    if you forget to make coffee in the morning.

    Now, I just have one large travel mug of coffee on the way to work and
    if I don't drink coffee on the weekend, I don't miss it.

  17. Puester

    Puester Guest

    kevnbro wrote:
    >>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    > I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    > (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    > And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    > martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.

    Now if you drank it out of a martini glass you could call it
    a coffee martini, shaken, not stirred.

    (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

    gloria p

  18. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    sf wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:32:51 GMT, The Bubbo <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>oh, believe me, I am well acquainted with this headache. Last winter I kept
    >>getting pneumonia every time I got sick, and I got sick probably 4 or 5

    times.
    >>I didn't care about food or water or anything, i just wanted my coffee! I
    >>begged my dad to come over one day to make it for me since I was too
    >>weak/blurry eyed/ cough-ee to do it myself.

    > I was a coffee addict in college. I drank it to the point I'd often
    > get sick from all the caffine... if's very flulike in nature. The
    > only way I could wean myself from coffee was to gradually add
    > decafinated coffee until I was drinking only decaf. It took years of
    > decaf to not have that nagging feeling something essential is missing
    > if you forget to make coffee in the morning.
    >
    > Now, I just have one large travel mug of coffee on the way to work and
    > if I don't drink coffee on the weekend, I don't miss it.

    I am so much like a junkie, I know I could quit if I tried but I honestly just
    don't want to. At this point in my life I have given up almost all of my vices
    or reduced them down to "socially". I just don't want to give up my coffee and
    cigarettes.

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

  19. ensenadajim

    ensenadajim Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:30:35 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >kevnbro wrote:
    >>>My caffeine addiction....oh how I love thee... anyone else addicted?

    >> I drink probably six cups of Gevalia coffee on any given morning
    >> (French roast, breakfast blend, dark roast, espresso roast etc.)
    >> And when I get tired of drinking it hot, I cool it down, shake it in a
    >> martini shaker with tons of ice and drink it out of a tea glass.
    >>

    >Now if you drank it out of a martini glass you could call it
    >a coffee martini, shaken, not stirred.
    >
    >(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
    >
    >gloria p

    Or you could stir in some cream and then have your coffee martini
    stirred but not shaken.

    jim

  20. ensenadajim