UK and Europe · Public discussion

Mrs Average has an ally.

Started by Simon Mason · · Last activity · 32 posts · 1,034 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 May 2004
Last activity
26 May 2004
Original author
Simon Mason
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,034
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–32 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    (now giving them the vote, *that* was the bad move!
    <gd&r>😉

    Pete.

    'ware low-flying paving slabs... ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
    to get correct one remove fame & fortune
    h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--

  2. On Mon, 24 May 2004 15:52:00 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
    <[email hidden]> wrote (more or less):

    Quoted message said:

    Gawnsoft <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:43:48 +0100, "Simonb"
    <[email hidden]> wrote (more or less):

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Simon Mason wrote:

    > Only a handful of people dislike me for bringing the topic of the
    > Highway Code to the Mail.

    She's taking this rather personally, isn't she?

    > (I play golf, but don't know all the rules", Letters, Mail, April 14)

    Hmmm. Isn't there a big difference between playing golf without knowing the
    rules, and driving a motor vehicle on public roads without knowing the
    rules.

    Quoted message said:

    Mm, yes. Playing golf carelessly is not likely to kill or seriously
    injure someone (yes it's possible it might, but the chances are not
    high).

    Quoted message said:

    ...

    Ummm... isn't golf a cause of more head injuries than cycling ;·/ ?

    It's also a good source of electrocution deaths. There's nothing like
    waving a metal rod above your head on a clear flattish bit of land
    during a rainstorm to attract God's wrath! :-)

    --
    Cheers,
    Euan
    Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr
    Symbian/Epoc wiki: http://html.dnsalias.net:1122
    Smalltalk links (harvested from comp.lang.smalltalk) http://html.dnsalias.net/gawnsoft/smalltalk

  3. "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Unfortunately, ``I don't need to worry about the details of driving, I
    just do it'' is a common meme amongst, dare I say it, women. If a skill
    isn't prized, it's not developed, and I know several women who have been
    driving for thirty-odd years but lack basic skills with the clutch: they
    passed their test, and saw no reason to learn or develop beyond that.

    There's lots of the male of the species just as woefully inadequate.

    Cheers, helen s

    I think the PP is aware of this - I think he was making the point that
    inadequate female drivers have a different flavour of inadequacies to
    inadequate male drivers :-)

    Indeed, the female flavour of inadequacy is usually superior to the male
    flavour of inadequacy, as Quentin Wilson put it, women have little dinks in
    car parks, men have testosterone-fuelled catastrophes.

  4. Gawnsoft said:

    It's also a good source of electrocution deaths. There's nothing like
    waving a metal rod above your head on a clear flattish bit of land
    during a rainstorm to attract God's wrath! :-)

    It's nothing to do with conduction. It's divine retribution for the golfing
    trousers.

  5. On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:00:31 +0100, "Peter Connolly"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    (now giving them the vote, *that* was the bad move! <gd&r>😉

    * INCOMING!!! *

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers said:

    There's lots of the male of the species just as woefully inadequate.

    Quite. But differently inadequate.

    ian

  7. Simon Mason said:

    "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Unfortunately, ``I don't need to worry about the details of
    driving, I just do it'' is a common meme amongst, dare I say it,
    women. If a skill isn't prized, it's not developed, and I know
    several women who have been driving for thirty-odd years but lack
    basic skills with the clutch: they passed their test, and saw no
    reason to learn or develop beyond that.

    There's lots of the male of the species just as woefully inadequate.

    Usually with a baseball cap at an unusual angle.

    If it's a /Burberry/ patterned one, proceed in the opposite direction. Very
    very fast.

    --

    Dave Larrington - http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
    ===========================================================
    Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
    ===========================================================

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Women in general are as good at driving as men. I've never had a particular
    problem with them.


    Recently I have noted a worrying tendency of "girl racers" , young
    aggressive, female drivers.

  9. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]
    says...

    Quoted message said:

    There's a handful of people I am very nervous about being in a car
    with. Most of them have never had an accident.


    <Les Dawson>
    They've never had an accident, seen LOTS of accidents but THEY'VE never
    had any
    </Les Dawson>

    [is my age showing?]
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    (now giving them the vote, *that* was the bad move!
    <gd&r>😉


    I think educating them was the problem, that's what caused them to think
    they should have the vote in the first place
    (hides under bed)
    --
    ..paul

    If at first you don't succeed...
    Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.

  11. On Tue, 25 May 2004 23:43:02 +0100 someone who may be marc
    <marccdimspamremovedimspamto [email hidden]> wrote
    this:-

    Quoted message said:

    Recently I have noted a worrying tendency of "girl racers" , young
    aggressive, female drivers.

    It is an apt description of a college friend twenty years ago. A
    lovely lady in most ways, but rather too aggressive behind a
    steering wheel. I would get into a lot of trouble for suggesting
    that she is no longer young, so will just add that she remains much
    the same in recent years, so perhaps will change when she gets
    old:-)

    --
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E
    I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK government
    prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

  12. Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as David
    Hansen <[email hidden]> breathed:

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 23:43:02 +0100 someone who may be marc
    <marccdimspamremovedimspamto [email hidden]> wrote
    this:-

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Recently I have noted a worrying tendency of "girl racers" , young
    aggressive, female drivers.

    Quoted message said:

    It is an apt description of a college friend twenty years ago. A
    lovely lady in most ways, but rather too aggressive behind a
    steering wheel.

    A friend of my mum's was once told "you drive like a man". She took it
    as a compliment, and it was indeed true - her favoured mode of driving
    was foot-to-the-floor take-offs followed by flat out speed.

    Quoted message said:

    I would get into a lot of trouble for suggesting
    that she is no longer young, so will just add that she remains much
    the same in recent years, so perhaps will change when she gets
    old:-)

    LOL!

    --
    - Pyromancer.
    - http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk <-- Pagan Gothic Rock!
    - http://www.littlematchgirl.co.uk <-- Electronic Metal!
    - http://www.revival.stormshadow.com <-- The Gothic Revival.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.