Road Cycling · Public discussion

Mt. Baker in the morning

Started by Claire · · Last activity · 14 posts · 501 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 October 2007
Last activity
7 November 2007
Original author
Claire
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
501
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I head west in the morning, east for the return, so I don't get to see
    the sun rise or set in all its glory. But yesterday morning, as the
    sun was coming up, it threw pink and gold light on Mt. Baker, which
    was sparkling with new snow. Often you can't even see Mt. Baker from
    the lake, but yesterday morning it was like an incandescent gem, an
    enormous piece of glowing rose quartz set on the black velvet horizon.

    I asked my co-worker if he saw it. He says he was too buried in the
    morning paper on the bus to notice.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire

  2. "Claire" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I head west in the morning, east for the return, so I don't get to see
    the sun rise or set in all its glory. But yesterday morning, as the
    sun was coming up, it threw pink and gold light on Mt. Baker, which
    was sparkling with new snow. Often you can't even see Mt. Baker from
    the lake, but yesterday morning it was like an incandescent gem, an
    enormous piece of glowing rose quartz set on the black velvet horizon.

    I asked my co-worker if he saw it. He says he was too buried in the
    morning paper on the bus to notice.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire

    Sounds like a great place to cycle. We don't have scenery like that here in
    central Ohio. I ride on country roads lined with corn fields and woods.
    I'll ride by a home every mile or so when I'm way out in the country. Once
    I was startled when an albino peacock flew across the road in front of me.
    I watched him fly to the backyard of a farmhouse where he was probably a
    pet.

  3. On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:40:27 -0700, Claire <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I head west in the morning, east for the return, so I don't get to see
    the sun rise or set in all its glory. But yesterday morning, as the
    sun was coming up, it threw pink and gold light on Mt. Baker, which
    was sparkling with new snow. Often you can't even see Mt. Baker from
    the lake, but yesterday morning it was like an incandescent gem, an
    enormous piece of glowing rose quartz set on the black velvet horizon.

    I asked my co-worker if he saw it. He says he was too buried in the
    morning paper on the bus to notice.

    I noticed something like a second dawn this morning, something I'd
    never have noticed driving. There was a dark cloud bank in the east,
    with a gap overhead, then more scattered clouds west of my route. The
    western clouds were colored like dawn some 20 minutes after official
    sunrise.

    That's one of the reasons I like cycling.

    Pat

    Email address works as is.

  4. I love your posts. :-3)>

    - -
    Compliments of:
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    If you want to E-mail me use:
    ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

    My website:
    http://geocities.com/czcorner

  5. "I love your posts."

    I don't. They're stupid chick [censored].

  6. Quoted message said:

    "I love your posts."

    I don't. They're stupid chick [censored].

    Get back on the bus and do your Jumble.

  7. Brian Huntley said:
    Quoted message said:

    "I love your posts."

    I don't. They're stupid chick [censored].

    Get back on the bus and do your Jumble.

    LOL

  8. Poor Bill and Tom! They're so afraid they might not get their nookie
    that they're totally pussywhipped, and therefore think they have to
    pander to women. What a couple of losers! While I can readily
    understand why they're afraid they might get cut off, the sad thing is
    how they don't even realize that they ONLY need to pander to their
    Significant Others in order to get laid (maybe). You don't NEED to
    pander to Claire, guys. She's not going to service you! It's all
    right; you can be honest and tell Claire what a dumb [censored] she is! It
    might even do her some good to hear the truth. Go ahead, give it a
    try!

  9. Quoted message said:

    Poor Bill and Tom! They're so afraid they might not get their nookie
    that they're totally pussywhipped, and therefore think they have to
    pander to women. What a couple of losers! While I can readily
    understand why they're afraid they might get cut off, the sad thing is
    how they don't even realize that they ONLY need to pander to their
    Significant Others in order to get laid (maybe). You don't NEED to
    pander to Claire, guys. She's not going to service you! It's all
    right; you can be honest and tell Claire what a dumb [censored] she is! It
    might even do her some good to hear the truth. Go ahead, give it a
    try!

    NO ISSUES THERE, FOLKS! LOL

  10. Quoted message said:

    "I love your posts."

    I don't. They're stupid chick [censored].

    So don't read them. Or haven't you figured out what a "killfile" is yet?

    Sheesh...

    --

    John ([email hidden])

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    Poor Bill and Tom! They're so afraid they might not get their nookie
    that they're totally pussywhipped, and therefore think they have to
    pander to women. What a couple of losers! While I can readily
    understand why they're afraid they might get cut off, the sad thing is
    how they don't even realize that they ONLY need to pander to their
    Significant Others in order to get laid (maybe). You don't NEED to
    pander to Claire, guys. She's not going to service you! It's all
    right; you can be honest and tell Claire what a dumb [censored] she is! It
    might even do her some good to hear the truth. Go ahead, give it a
    try!

    Wow. I don't think I've ever activated my killfile after reading a
    single post before.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
    Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

  12. Ryan Cousineau said:

    Wow. I don't think I've ever activated my killfile after reading a
    single post before.

    In this case, it was an easy decision.

  13. Ryan Cousineau said:

    [email hidden] wrote:


    <snipped folson drivel>

    Quoted message said:


    Wow. I don't think I've ever activated my killfile after reading a
    single post before.

    What, you don't have him in the killfile still from the last time he
    spewed forth here? You must have been on a rb.* hiatus.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email hidden]
    "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand
    that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."
    -Mark Twain

  14. Ryan Cousineau said:

    [email hidden] wrote:


    <snipped folson drivel>

    Quoted message said:


    Wow. I don't think I've ever activated my killfile after reading a
    single post before.

    What, you don't have him in the killfile still from the last time he
    spewed forth here? You must have been on a rb.* hiatus.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email hidden]
    "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand
    that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."
    -Mark Twain

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.