rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Mt. Washington race underway NOW!

Started by steveyo · · Last activity · 8 posts · 258 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 August 2005
Last activity
21 August 2005
Original author
steveyo
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
258
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all -

    Right now, as of 7:55AM, three of our forum brethren are cranking their
    way to the top of Mt. Washington. Aspenmike from Aspen, CO, Ben
    Plotkin-Swing from Boston, and Joe Merrill from NYC are all humping
    their way up 7.6 miles, and climbing over 4700 vertical feet.

    Having done some smaller mtn climbs, I can tell you, the effort they're
    expending is HUGE.

    I can't wait to see how they do.

    Sending positive energy...go guys!

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  2. i did that once

    --
    halffiend

    i am saatan i am nazi i am death
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    halffiend's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10653
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  3. halffiend said:

    *i did that once *


    On a unicycle or a bike?

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  4. Any updates? Do you have Cellphone contact with them? Looking forward
    to some after action reports.

    --
    bugman - Proud member of the UALW
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bugman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  5. bugman said:

    *Any updates? Do you have Cellphone contact with them? Looking
    forward to some after action reports. *


    I don't have contact w/any of the racers.

    Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.

    Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    record.

    --
    steveyo - Last will be first

    steveyo

    "I complained I need new shoes, until I met a man with no feet." -
    unknown

    "Do whatever steps you want if
    you have cleared them with the pontiff"- Tom Lehrer

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  6. steveyo said:

    *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.

    Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.

    Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    record. *

    I thought that Tyler showing was a joke, rumor at the least. Isn't he
    banned from racing? Or is that only proffesional competition.

    --
    bugman - Proud member of the UALW
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bugman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  7. steveyo said:

    *I don't have contact w/any of the racers.

    Gawd! I'm dying for news about our uni boys.

    Also curious if Tyler Hamilton or Ned Overend broke the two-wheel
    record. *

    Looks like Tyler Hamilton did make it. Glad to see he is riding. I
    hope he can vindicate himself in September.

    --
    bugman - Proud member of the UALW
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bugman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

  8. Yup, Tyler Hamilton was there:

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: img_3154.jpg.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/350550|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Ben Plotkin-Swing - MUni rider

    www.benps.com

    "Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
    cookie.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/42735

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.