General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

music suggestions wanted

Started by Redlocks · · Last activity · 27 posts · 622 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 October 2005
Last activity
14 October 2005
Original author
Redlocks
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
622
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The Baltimore Marathon is passing through my neighborhood this
    Saturday and I will be DJing to motivate the runners (as if they need it!)
    and to create sort of a block party atmosphere.

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    Thanks.

    John

  2. Redlocks said:

    Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me".

  3. Redlocks said:

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    Song of the Volga Boatmen

  4. Redlocks said:

    The Baltimore Marathon is passing through my neighborhood this
    Saturday and I will be DJing to motivate the runners (as if they need it!)
    and to create sort of a block party atmosphere.

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    Thanks.

    John

    gotta have

    Born to Run
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    and at that point in the race some may be:
    Running on Empty
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There's more I cannot think of right now.
    Ed

  5. "I Touch Myself" - Divinyls

  6. Quoted message said:

    "I Touch Myself"

    I bet you do, constantly.

  7. Charlie Pendejo said:

    Song of the Volga Boatmen

    Or pretty much any adagio section from a Bruckner symphony. I think
    his ninth symphony would perk me right up at mile 23.

    If you absolutely must play music from the last several decades with
    words and all, how about some nice tasty Joy Division?

  8. Charlie Pendejo said:
    Charlie Pendejo said:

    Song of the Volga Boatmen

    Quoted message said:

    Or pretty much any adagio section from a Bruckner symphony. I think
    his ninth symphony would perk me right up at mile 23.

    I was thinking something more contemporary, and with more mass appeal.
    Like, the tune from the "old man" commercial of Six Flags Magic Mountain.

    jobs

  9. jobs said:
    Charlie Pendejo said:

    Or pretty much any adagio section from a Bruckner symphony.

    I was thinking something more contemporary, and with more mass appeal.
    Like, the tune from the "old man" commercial of Six Flags Magic
    Mountain.

    Ah, Venga Boys' "We Like to Party". Insanely catchy... and highly
    Brucknerian.

    Aw man, Jobs, now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for the
    next week. That was probably the hook-iest bubblegum pop song of the
    last decade and in fact it sticks in my head as tenaciously as
    bubblegum in hair.

  10. "The Bill Rodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "I Touch Myself"

    I bet you do, constantly.


    http://tinypic.com/ehgnzp.gif

  11. Anything by Celine Dion, The Village People, or Motorhead.

  12. Charlie Pendejo said:
    jobs said:


    I was thinking something more contemporary, and with more mass appeal.
    Like, the tune from the "old man" commercial of Six Flags Magic
    Mountain.

    Quoted message said:

    Ah, Venga Boys' "We Like to Party". Insanely catchy... and highly
    Brucknerian.

    The things we learn on r.r. Thanks, Charlie. I didn't know that.

    jobs

  13. "Redlocks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The Baltimore Marathon is passing through my neighborhood this
    Saturday and I will be DJing to motivate the runners (as if they need it!)
    and to create sort of a block party atmosphere.

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    Hey - Karen!

    Now's your chance to put in a request :-)

    Anthony.

  14. "Redlocks" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The Baltimore Marathon is passing through my neighborhood this
    Saturday and I will be DJing to motivate the runners (as if they need it!)
    and to create sort of a block party atmosphere.

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    The song remains the same by Led Zeppelin

    Dave

  15. David Geesaman said:

    The song remains the same by Led Zeppelin

    Hey, that's a good one Dave - such an "up" song, buzzing with huge
    energy.

    Mile 23 of my only prior marathon "Dazed And Confused" would've been
    about right.

  16. How about "The Song that Never Ends."

  17. Charlie Pendejo said:

    Or pretty much any adagio section from a Bruckner symphony.

    You aiming to provoke a mass suicide or what? Or maybe I just need to listen
    to some Bruckner again, now that my hearing is fading with age :->

  18. Redlocks said:

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves (I think)

  19. steve common said:
    Charlie Pendejo said:

    Or pretty much any adagio section from a Bruckner symphony.

    You aiming to provoke a mass suicide or what?

    Precisely. Now that Helsinki gave me a taste of age group glory, I'm
    aiming to do whatever it takes to return to that podium!

  20. Redlocks said:

    I will be positioned along mile 23 on a slight incline. Can anyone offer
    suggestions for songs to play?

    You'll need a programme for maybe three hours and your audience will
    consist both of the spectators (who'll probably be there for a longer
    time) and the runners who'll be passing in varying states of exhaustion
    and mental stages, so you'll need a certain amount of variety and a not
    too short playlist and songs that are instantly recognizable or
    otherwise able to work their magic in tired minds.

    Some funky stuff (such as Edwin Starr's "Twentyfive Miles"😉, some silly
    stuff (Henry Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk"😉, some upbeat classic pop
    songs (Kylie Minogues's "I Should Be So Lucky"😉 and some catchy,
    energizing ethnic rhythms (Mory Kante's "Yeke Yeke"😉.

    Anders

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.