MV Agrees

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:19:28 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..>
..> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> news:WU_bc.52429$_U.28977@lakeread05...
..> >
..> > "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> > news:[email protected]...
..> > >
..> > > "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> > > news:MrXbc.52015$_U.10853@lakeread05...
..> > > >
..> > > > "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> > > <snip>
..> > > > > Let us not devolve into nit picking on typing skills. And the
..point
..> > > > remains.
..> > > > > They are still mountain bikers whether they are mountain biking or
..> > not.
..> > > As
..> > > > > people, they are not barred from the trail. Only the mountian bike
..> is
..> > > > > barred. Mountain bikes have no rights.
..> > > > >
..> > > > >
..> > > > "nit picking on typing skills" is as useless as nitpicking on
..details
..> of
..> > > > context, proper sentence structure or taking a phrase on literal
..> meaning
..> > > > alone.
..> > >
..> > > Well if English is too hard for you, I suggest that you stop posting
..> your
..> > > random **** and wait until you can say what you mean and mean what you
..> > say.
..> > >
..> > > > The debate isn't about sentence structure. It is, despite the
..literal
..> > > > interpretations of MV or the defense of those interpretations, about
..> > trail
..> > > > access.
..> > >
..> > > No. It is about the false claim that the people who ride moutain bikes
..> > have
..> > > been barred from hiking trails. They have not. Only the mountain bikes
..> > have.
..> > > This is a clear distinction.
..> > >
..> > > > In order to be clear on the issue:
..> > >
..> > > That is the last think you will do. You keep trying to rewrite the lie
..> in
..> > > another form that might 'get by' the semantic scrutiny.,
..> > >
..> > > >
..> > > > People who may choose to ride a bicycle off road in areas designated
..> as
..> > > > "public" are being denied access to those areas for the purpose of
..off
..> > > road
..> > > > cycling.
..> > >
..> > > Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as claimed.
..> > >
..> > Their claim, as you say, is access for the purpose of off road cycling.
..>
..> No. The claim is clearly that "we" ( as in the mountain bike riding
..> community ) have been 'dismissed from these fine lands" ( cannot use the
..> trails ) when in fact they can, exactly the same as anyone else.
..>
..> <snip of more and more ********>
..>
..> You really ought to see someone about your inabilty to read what is said
..and
..> understand it. English isn't that hard a language and you have
..dictionaries
..> and other resources to help. This would prevent you from making further
..lies
..> based on your failure to grasp semantics.
..>
..Are you stuck in a rut? Go back to the "we have been dismissed..." thread if
..you want to keep picking that apart. I'm done with it.
..The issue is trail access for the purpose of off road cycling.

That's NOT what Paul Nam said. He simply LIED. Fact the facts.

People are
..using misinformation and perpetuating false perceptions to hinder the
..activity of off road cycling on public lands.
..If you want to give specific reasons why offroad cycling should not be
..allowed in these areas, then do so. If you want to give information that
..counters the myths and misinformation about off road cycling so that the
..activity can be allowed, then do so.
..The only purpose of carrying the other statement over in the first place was
..to note the thread. Somehow it is not surprising that the "we are
..dismissed..." line can be picked apart for what it literally stated, but
..MV's statement "when they are hiking, they are hikers" can not be put to the
..same scrutiny.

They don't stop being mountain bikers when they hike, any more than a mother
stops being a mother, when she isn't suckling her infant.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 02:40:26 GMT, Brett Jaffee <[email protected]>
wrote:

.."S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in
..news:WU_bc.52429$_U.28977@lakeread05:
..
..
..> Now... is there any way at all to get out of this endless loop of
..> semantics and literal meaning and get to the issue of shared access on
..> public lands?
..
..No. It's MV's pride and joy.

Yes, there is: tell the truth.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:27:35 -0500, "di" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
..
..> So when you put on your dress and bra, do you become a woman? Idiot.
..>
..
..
..If anyone would know, it would be you

So you DO? That's what I thought.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 07:46:55 -0400, Steve Curtiss <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
..
..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..>
..> .> "Steve Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> news:[email protected]...
..> .> > From previous thread:
..> .> > Subject:
..> .> > Re: "we have been dismissed from permission to access
..> .> > these fine lands that belong to us"
..> .> > Date:
..> .> > Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:11:13 GMT
..> .> > MV wrote:
..> .> > "When they are hiking they are hikers (by current activity) AS WELL AS
..> .> > mountain bikers (by habit). Just as you can be a man and an idiot at the
..> .> > same time."
..> .> >
..> .> > So he agrees. Banning mt bikes excludes mt bikers because to access they
..> .> > must become hikers.
..> .>
..> .> They do not 'become' anything. They are hiders by their current activity,
..> .> but remain mountain bikers by their other activities. The person is not
..> .> barred from the land. The mountain bike is barred from the trail. A mountain
..> .> bike has no rights.
..> .>
..> .
..> .No... not what he said. "When they are hiking, they are hikers..." The activity
..> .is excluded, then the mt bikers lose that title because they are now hikers.
..>
..> So when you put on your dress and bra, do you become a woman? Idiot.
..
..Quoting MV's response to being called a "kook": "Just like a mountain biker: you
..realize you can't defend your illogical position, so you turn to attacking PEOPLE.
..You guys are transparent."
..
..There you go again, Mr. Double Standard. "Attacking people"? Calling me an "idiot"
..and claiming I wear a dress...? Since when is calling someone a "liar" and a
..cross-dresser a defense of any of your positions. Is it not an attack just because it
..came from you? What a hypocrite!

Look up "analogy" in the dictionary.

..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..>

> "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<Snip>
> > <snip of more and more ********>
> >
> > You really ought to see someone about your inabilty to read what is said

> and
> > understand it. English isn't that hard a language and you have

> dictionaries
> > and other resources to help. This would prevent you from making further

> lies
> > based on your failure to grasp semantics.
> >

> Are you stuck in a rut?

No. I am just repeating the simple facts about which you are in denial.

> you want to keep picking that apart. I'm done with it.

Admitting defeat ? Good for you? Not as good as learning from your mistakes
but at least you aren't digging your hole deeper.

> The issue is trail access for the purpose of off road cycling.

"We have been dismissed" is talking about people. Mountain bikes are not
people. Only mountian bikes are barred from the trail.

> People are
> using misinformation and perpetuating false perceptions to hinder the
> activity of off road cycling on public lands.

Whatever... Apparently you consider your rights are greater than others. A
little humility might be useful but I suppose mountain bikers are all gung
ho testosterone filled teenagers, immune to reason.

> If you want to give specific reasons why offroad cycling should not be
> allowed in these areas, then do so.

Trail damage. Long term habitat preservation. Reducing stress on wildlife
that is penned in too small nature reserves as it is. etc. etc. etc.

> If you want to give information that
> counters the myths and misinformation about off road cycling so that the
> activity can be allowed, then do so.

Why not develop private lands where you can maintain the trails at your OWN
expense, like the environmental groups do when buyiing land to prevent
logging or to preserve habitat? Why keep asking for a public subsidy to your
activities?

> The only purpose of carrying the other statement over in the first place

was
> to note the thread. Somehow it is not surprising that the "we are
> dismissed..." line can be picked apart for what it literally stated, but
> MV's statement "when they are hiking, they are hikers" can not be put to

the
> same scrutiny.

The fact is that mountain bikers are not barred from the trail as claime. It
is only mountain bikes that are barred. Mountain bikes have no rights. This
is simple semantics. Making a claim that does not make sense when analysed
is just wrong. You cannot use words as a club, ignoring their meanings. You
have to say what you mean or you risk getting called on the falsity of what
you DID say, no matter what you say you meant.

"Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> [...]

> > to note the thread. Somehow it is not surprising that the "we are
> > dismissed..." line can be picked apart for what it literally stated, but
> > MV's statement "when they are hiking, they are hikers" can not be put to

> the
> > same scrutiny.

> The fact is that mountain bikers are not barred from the trail as claime.

It
> is only mountain bikes that are barred. Mountain bikes have no rights.

This
> is simple semantics. Making a claim that does not make sense when analysed
> is just wrong. You cannot use words as a club, ignoring their meanings.

You
> have to say what you mean or you risk getting called on the falsity of

what
> you DID say, no matter what you say you meant.

Finally... I will at least applaud you on saying something of relevance.
While you still took the opportunity to take a few
jabs, you at least addressed the issue with your points. (Trail damage. Long
term habitat preservation. Reducing stress on wildlife that is penned in too
small nature reserves as it is. etc. etc. etc)
Yes... P Nam (was that his name) made a statement that was literallly
incorrect for the meaning he intended. I only wanted
to clarify the statement from the point of view of cycling enthusiasts. I
never wanted a tennis match of semantics. I would hope this thread has at
least clarified the importance of being clear when making statements to open
a discussion. Your last statement seems to sum up this entire dialogue.
Almost as an agreement to disagree...
MV, on the other hand, has yet to make that step.

news:p[email protected]...

wrote:

> [...]

> .>
> . >
> ."nit picking on typing skills" is as useless as nitpicking on details of
> .context, proper sentence structure or taking a phrase on literal meaning
> .alone.
> .The debate isn't about sentence structure. It is, despite the literal
> .interpretations of MV or the defense of those interpretations, about

trail
> .access.
> .In order to be clear on the issue:
> .
> .People who may choose to ride a bicycle off road in areas designated as
> ."public" are being denied access to those areas for the purpose of off

road
> .cycling.
>
> That's not what Paul Nam said. He said they are "denied access". Period.

That's
> nothing but a LIE.

Typical... keep beating that horse but totally ignore anything of
substance. (ex: the next block of text, which asks direct questions but are
left unanswered by the double-standard king)

> .Rather than "nit pick" over the semantics of a statement in order to

throw
> .the term "liar" around, why doesn't MV debate an issue on the merits of
> .fairness? Why is exclusion of the activity an absolute? Why are "impact
> .studies" that may lean to his opinion OK when others that may disagree
> .labeled as "junk science"? Why are all "mt bikers" grouped together as
> .reckless, un-caring, wildlife killing, spead freaks because a few people

are
> .disrespectful to the rights of other trail users? Why are all "hikers"

not
> .labeled as littering, off-trail wandering, plant-stomping wildlife

killers?
> .The issue is "access for the purpose of off road cycling" and how can all
> .interested in accessing the trails for the purpose of their own enjoyment
> .work together. That is all it is.
> .Off road cyclists asked these questions for years and are just as

disgusted
> .with unneeded sprawl of construction and the destruction of green areas

as
> .any other group of land users. MV has spent 8 years calling "mt bikers"
> .liars. Fortunately, many cyclists (most of whom have never heard of MV)

have
> .been active in their communities and parks working to further his (MV)

own
> .stated goals. That being the preservation of land and parks for the
> .enjoyment of everyone. And, I might add, so that wildlife keep their

place
> [...]

The activity
> .> .is excluded, then the mt bikers lose that title because they are now

hikers.
> .>
> .> So when you put on your dress and bra, do you become a woman? Idiot.
> .
> .Quoting MV's response to being called a "kook": "Just like a mountain

biker: you
> .realize you can't defend your illogical position, so you turn to

attacking PEOPLE.
> .You guys are transparent."
> .
> .There you go again, Mr. Double Standard. "Attacking people"? Calling me

an "idiot"
> .and claiming I wear a dress...? Since when is calling someone a "liar"

and a
> .cross-dresser a defense of any of your positions. Is it not an attack

Fine.. you can look up "opinion".

wrote:

> [...]

> .>
> .> >
> .> > People who may choose to ride a bicycle off road in areas designated

as
> .> > "public" are being denied access to those areas for the purpose of

off
> .> road
> .> > cycling.
> .>
> .> Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as claimed.
> .>
> .Their claim, as you say, is access for the purpose of off road cycling.

You
> .can pick apart their phrasing all you want. What the "mt bikers" are up
> .against is biased attitudes and false perceptions of shared access for
> .hiking and off road cycling.
>
> Lie all you want, but the reasons for banning bikes are VALID: documented

danger
> to wildlife and other trail users..

Lie all YOU want. Studies show your "reasons" are based on false perceptions
and myths being put forth by a small majority who claim to speak for
wildlife. Moutain bikes are not killing wildlife. Urban sprawl, new
construction (especially when existing structures are vacant and plentiful)
and excess limber clearing is destroying habitat which IS stressing wildlife
to death. Why is it so difficult to actually cooperate with everyone
interested in keeping these areas from destruction instead of continually
splintering groups against each other which ultimately solves nothing.

> .Now... is there any way at all to get out of this endless loop of

semantics
> .and literal meaning and get to the issue of shared access on public

lands?
> .Everyone has access to these lands. Several groups have ideas of how to
> .utilize that access for personal enjoyment. Why is it such a big deal to
> .discuss the issues, find common ground, and try to develop a solution

that
> .is acceptable to as many as possible? Isn't that the purpose of multi-use
> .plans in parks and forests? I'm tired of this "back and forth" over how
> .something was written vs what they meant by it. Access for the purpose of
> .off road cycling on public land is the issue. If it hasn't been stated

that
> .way before, well hells bells, I'm stating it that way now.
> .
> .<snip>
> .>
> .>
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:09:01 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:23 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .>
..> .> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> news:MrXbc.52015$_U.10853@lakeread05...
..> .> >
..> .> > "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> <snip>
..> .> > > Let us not devolve into nit picking on typing skills. And the point
..> .> > remains.
..> .> > > They are still mountain bikers whether they are mountain biking or
..> .not.
..> .> As
..> .> > > people, they are not barred from the trail. Only the mountian bike
..is
..> .> > > barred. Mountain bikes have no rights.
..> .> > >
..> .> > >
[...]

That is pure fabrication. They kill plants, insects, and other animals every tme
they ride. That is obvious.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:36:45 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:p[email protected]...
..>
..> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> news:df4cc.53638$_U.2294@lakeread05...
..> >
..> > "Ian St. John" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> <Snip>
..> > > <snip of more and more ********>
..> > >
[...]

Because it's not true. Paul Nam's statement wasn't a mistake. He DELIBERATELY
lied, in order to try to get sympathy for mountain bikers. Period.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> That is pure fabrication. They kill plants, insects, and other
> animals every tme they ride. That is obvious.

You forgot the "Duh!"

Anyone notice how the mad doc is posting on weekday mornings lately? Whassa
matta, off on crazy leave?!?

Bill "mental instability grounds for disability" S.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:09:01 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:23 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> .wrote:
> .>
> .> .
> .> .> Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as claimed.
> .> .>
> .> .Their claim, as you say, is access for the purpose of off road cycling.
> .You
> .> .can pick apart their phrasing all you want. What the "mt bikers" are up
> .> .against is biased attitudes and false perceptions of shared access for
> .> .hiking and off road cycling.
> .>
> .> Lie all you want, but the reasons for banning bikes are VALID: documented
> .danger
> .> to wildlife and other trail users..
> .
> .Lie all YOU want. Studies show your "reasons" are based on false perceptions
> .and myths being put forth by a small majority who claim to speak for
> .wildlife. Moutain bikes are not killing wildlife.
>
> That is pure fabrication. They kill plants, insects, and other animals every tme
> they ride. That is obvious.

How convenient! You snipped the content that specifically addresses your stated
concerns (8 years - auto dependence - road construction...) so you could take
another shot with your exaggerated claim of ultimate destruction by mt bikes. Why
didn't you address the rest of the content:
"Urban sprawl, new construction (especially when existing structures are vacant and
plentiful) and excess limber clearing is destroying habitat which IS stressing
wildlife to death. Why is it so difficult to actually cooperate with everyone
interested in keeping these areas from destruction instead of continually
splintering groups against each other which ultimately solves nothing."
As far as your statement: "They kill plants, insects, and other animals every time
they ride. That is obvious"
Hikers step on insects and plants and disturb wildlife every time they walk. That is
obvious. So don't play "holier than thou" because you hike, Mr. Double Standard.
Address the real concerns that ALL OF US are worried about.

> ===

So he says... but all he seems to do is avoid direct communication with groups that
are interested in possibly cooperating to save some of these areas.

> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Steve Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> How convenient! You snipped the content that specifically addresses your

stated
> concerns (8 years - auto dependence - road construction...) so you could

take
> another shot with your exaggerated claim of ultimate destruction by mt

bikes. Why
> didn't you address the rest of the content:

The obvious answer is that NOTHING harms the environment like a bicycle
tire. Mike's agenda has nothing to do with saving the environment, it is all
about making sure that mountain bikes are never taken off of the bumper
rack. Duh. ;-)

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:00:27 -0400, Steve Curtiss <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
..
..Mike Vandeman wrote:
..
..> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:09:01 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:23 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
..> .wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> .> Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as claimed.
..> .> .>
[...]

Bikers travel several times as far, so kill several times as much wildlife. DUH!
Hikers are also able to step over animals & plants. Bikers can't. They sim[ly
sqush them.

So don't play "holier than thou" because you hike, Mr. Double Standard.
..Address the real concerns that ALL OF US are worried about.

There are plenty of people working on stopping sprawl.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 9 Apr 2004 20:30:19 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

..On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:03:27 GMT, S o r n i wrote:
..> Mike Vandeman wrote:
..>>
..>> That is pure fabrication. They kill plants, insects, and other
..>> animals every tme they ride. That is obvious.
..>
..> You forgot the "Duh!"
..
..And lets face it, the backcountry is SO lacking in insects...

Oh, so they are expendable, as far as mountain bikers are concerned. Thanks for
demonstrating my point: mountain bikers don't care about wildlife.
===

wrote:
> [...]

vacant and
> .plentiful) and excess limber clearing is destroying habitat which IS

stressing
> .wildlife to death. Why is it so difficult to actually cooperate with

everyone
> .interested in keeping these areas from destruction instead of continually
> .splintering groups against each other which ultimately solves nothing."
> .As far as your statement: "They kill plants, insects, and other animals

every time
> .they ride. That is obvious"
> .Hikers step on insects and plants and disturb wildlife every time they

walk. That is
> .obvious.
>
> Bikers travel several times as far, so kill several times as much

wildlife. DUH!
> Hikers are also able to step over animals & plants. Bikers can't. They

and hikers never venture off trail. All hikers are virtuous and all mt
bikers are liars...
How much you want for that bridge over the bay?

> So don't play "holier than thou" because you hike, Mr. Double Standard.
> .Address the real concerns that ALL OF US are worried about.
>
> There are plenty of people working on stopping sprawl.

Ignorance is bliss, MR V... so blissfull, apparently, you would rather go
after a group who shares many of the same views as you while bulldozers are
clearing trees for another WalMart.... Sleep well.
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:24:29 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:00:27 -0400, Steve Curtiss <[email protected]>
..> wrote:
..>
..> .
..> .
..> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> .
..> .> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:09:01 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:23 -0400, "S Curtiss"
..<[email protected]>
..> .> .wrote:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> .> Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as
..claimed.
..> .> .> .>
[...]

I never said that, liar.

and all mt
..bikers are liars...

You just conveniently demonstrated that.

..How much you want for that bridge over the bay?
..
..> So don't play "holier than thou" because you hike, Mr. Double Standard.
..> .Address the real concerns that ALL OF US are worried about.
..>
..> There are plenty of people working on stopping sprawl.
..
..Ignorance is bliss, MR V... so blissfull, apparently, you would rather go
..after a group who shares many of the same views as you

Name ONE view that mountain bikers share (and actively promote) with me and
other REAL conservationists.

while bulldozers are
..clearing trees for another WalMart.... Sleep well.
..> ===

wrote:

> [...]

> .>
> .and hikers never venture off trail. All hikers are virtuous
>
> I never said that, liar.
>
> and all mt
> .bikers are liars...
>
> You just conveniently demonstrated that.
>
> .How much you want for that bridge over the bay?
> .
> .> So don't play "holier than thou" because you hike, Mr. Double

Standard.
> .> .Address the real concerns that ALL OF US are worried about.
> .>
> .> There are plenty of people working on stopping sprawl.
> .
> .Ignorance is bliss, MR V... so blissfull, apparently, you would rather

go
> .after a group who shares many of the same views as you
>
> Name ONE view that mountain bikers share (and actively promote) with me

I did... you again avoided it so you could take a jab at mt bike
enthusiasts. Here... I'll say it again in words you can grasp. Hikers, Mt
bikers, conservationists (as you say) are all interested in keeping green
areas safe from construction. Habitat (which you say you value) is being
targeted for concrete and pavement every day. Mt bikers are among the people
trying to keep that from happening. It destroys the habitat (you claim to
cherish) AND takes away places to ride and hike. Mt bikers stand with many
groups to oppose this unneeded construction. You only drive a wedge into the
mix to get these groups fighting each other. You do more harm than good.
Concerning your reply to this:
"and hikers never venture off trail. All hikers are virtuous"

> I never said that, liar.

I never said you said it. But the way you attribute ecological damage to all
mt bikers and leave all hikers unchallenged always seems to demonstrate your
bias.

> while bulldozers are
> .clearing trees for another WalMart.... Sleep well.
> .> ===
> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
> .>
> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:19:36 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..news:[email protected]...
..> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:24:29 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
..wrote:
..>
..> .
..> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:00:27 -0400, Steve Curtiss
..<[email protected]>
..> .> wrote:
..> .>
..> .> .
..> .> .
..> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
..> .> .
..> .> .> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:09:01 -0400, "S Curtiss"
..<[email protected]>
..> .wrote:
..> .> .>
..> .> .> .
..> .> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
..> .> .> .news:[email protected]...
..> .> .> .> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:14:23 -0400, "S Curtiss"
..> .<[email protected]>
..> .> .> .wrote:
..> .> .> .>
..> .> .> .> .
..> .> .> .> .> Sure. But they are not being denied access to the trails as
..> .claimed.
..> .> .> .> .>
[...]

BS. I spent 8 years working on stopping highway construction, and NOT ONE
mountain biker showed up at any hearing to help. But they always show up to beg
for more mountain biking access.

It destroys the habitat (you claim to
..cherish) AND takes away places to ride and hike. Mt bikers stand with many
..groups to oppose this unneeded construction. You only drive a wedge into the
..mix to get these groups fighting each other. You do more harm than good.
..Concerning your reply to this:
.."and hikers never venture off trail. All hikers are virtuous"
..>
..> I never said that, liar.
..I never said you said it. But the way you attribute ecological damage to all
..mt bikers and leave all hikers unchallenged always seems to demonstrate your
..bias.

BS. I advocate human-free habitat, which includes hikers. YOU don't.

..> while bulldozers are
..> .clearing trees for another WalMart.... Sleep well.