UK and Europe · Public discussion

My [censored] List

Started by Succorso · · Last activity · 28 posts · 862 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
22 March 2005
Last activity
25 March 2005
Original author
Succorso
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
862
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Simon Brooke said:

    When I was six I used to walk further than that to school - by myself.
    So, I'm prepared to bet, did most of us.

    Not me.

    I rode.

  2. Simon Brooke said:

    in message <[email hidden]>, Not

    Responding (') said:
    Succorso said:

    Apologies to the one or two responsible people on this forum who
    might also happen to crop up in my [censored] list - you are rare.

    This list is based on my experiences as a driver as well as a
    cyclist.

    1. BMW drivers (number 1 by a LONG way)
    2. Other German car drivers (Audi's, Mercs etc)

    That's my wife, you're talking about, then.

    Quoted message said:

    3. White van drivers
    4. Carters coaches (only applicable to this part of Norfolk I guess)
    5. 4x4's on the skool run

    And again. It is half a mile, you know.

    When I was six I used to walk further than that to school - by myself.
    So, I'm prepared to bet, did most of us.

    It is a regular point of domestic tension. Trust me.

    However, it does include a rural rat run without a pavement that even I
    refuse to walk down sometimes .

  3. Succorso said:


    Apologies to the one or two responsible people on this forum who might
    also happen to crop up in my [censored] list - you are rare.

    This list is based on my experiences as a driver as well as a cyclist.

    1. BMW drivers (number 1 by a LONG way)
    2. Other German car drivers (Audi's, Mercs etc)
    3. White van drivers
    4. Carters coaches (only applicable to this part of Norfolk I guess)
    5. 4x4's on the skool run

    --
    Chris

    As you've included me in your list (at number 2)(that's VW rather than
    merc ;-) ), I'll tell you that very high on my list would be other
    cyclists who behave like the [censored] I watched this morning riding straight
    through every red light and taking to the pavement each time the traffic
    was held up for all of seven seconds. If I could have caught him I'd
    have wrung his neck (unless he was bigger than me in which case my
    religion would have saved him.)

    --
    Brian G

  4. "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    It is a regular point of domestic tension. Trust me.

    However, it does include a rural rat run without a pavement that even I
    refuse to walk down sometimes .

    The local high school Nathan used to attend is 6.5 miles away via winding
    country lanes (narrow) with no footpaths. There was no way I'd allow him to
    walk to school. He did sometimes cycle, but the school was not encouraging.
    There was a school bus, but the local chavs used that and any kid halfway
    decent could have life made a misery.

    Sixth-form is 13 miles away, no school transport. Nathan cycles most days
    but does get a day a week off the bike.

    Cheers, helen s

  5. On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:50:49 -0000, "MartinM" <[email hidden]>

    wrote in message : said:

    6. car drivers who, as they are only entering a major road in order to then
    immediately turn left again, have no requirement to pay any attention to
    anyone who may be using said road.

    Or, more especially, those who enter the road inches in front of one
    in order to demonstrate their right-turning technique, which normally
    involves (a) veering as far to the left as possible, (b) slowing to
    walking pace and (c) waiting for a couple of days for something to
    come the other way so they can turn across the front of it.

    Yes, Mr Peugeot-man, I do mean YOU!

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  6. wafflycat said:

    Sixth-form is 13 miles away, no school transport. Nathan cycles most days
    but does get a day a week off the bike.

    And on those days?

    John B

  7. "JohnB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    wafflycat said:

    Sixth-form is 13 miles away, no school transport. Nathan cycles most days
    but does get a day a week off the bike.

    And on those days?

    John B

    Car. There is no bus link from where we live.

  8. wafflycat said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sixth-form is 13 miles away, no school transport. Nathan cycles most days
    but does get a day a week off the bike.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And on those days?

    Quoted message said:

    Car. There is no bus link from where we live.

    I thought that might have been the trice day.

    John B

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.