rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

My dad starting to uni!

Started by tylercox · · Last activity · 44 posts · 717 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
25 December 2004
Last activity
11 January 2005
Original author
tylercox
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
717
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey, guys! My 51 year old dad is finally starting to uni on my old 20"
    Torker. I think he got inspired when he saw me ride off on my 5-footer
    this morning for the first time. 😄 Anyway, do you have any tips I can
    give him? I plan on impressing him with a huge list of helpful hints
    from you guys! :p Thanks!

    -Tyler

    --
    tylercox - 11-year-old UniDude!

    "The stupider you are, the cooler you are!"

    -tylercox
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  2. Don't give up, practice hardcore, and don't wear jeans. Give him the ol'
    speech about "if your falling forward, speed up, if your falling
    backwards, slow down. Twist left or right if your falling left of
    right". Give em, time, and let him find out his own way of learning. I
    think I'm gonna go convince my dad to learn, so good luck and Merry
    Christmas

    --
    vanished - Snow Rider

    Why take the bus when you can uni, or maybe take your uni on the bus?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vanished's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3791
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  3. vanished said:

    * and don't wear jeans. *

    I wear jeans all the time?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  4. total uni said:

    *I wear jeans all the time?!?!?!?!?!?!? *

    Hmm, me too - and I'm the dad of an 11-year-old...

    --
    s7ev0 - level 1 and proud of it

    The hot bath of achievement may have long disappeared down the plughole
    of life, but the scum line of smugness will last until it's scoured off
    by the Brillo of ridicule.
    "How to be smug" - Guy Browning
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  5. Jeans can be uncomfortable because of the thick seam right where a bike
    or uni saddle goes.

    --
    phlegm - skill level e
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  6. Just tell him to ballance next to a pole and tell him the less force he
    has on the pole the more ballance he has and that once there is almost
    no force on the pole RIDE! Ride like the wind, and dont run into any
    cars. I dont think you would want to deal with roadkill.

    --
    ZebraOnAUnicycle - I want to move to COLORADO

    You can't take the wild out of an animal. Just like can't take the
    originality out of me!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZebraOnAUnicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7135
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  7. Just tell him to ballance next to a pole and tell him the less force he
    has on the pole the more ballance he has and that once there is almost
    no force on the pole RIDE! Ride like the wind, and dont run into any
    cars. I dont think you would want to deal with roadkill.

    --
    ZebraOnAUnicycle - I want to move to COLORADO

    You can't take the wild out of an animal. Just like can't take the
    originality out of me!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZebraOnAUnicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7135
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  8. Just tell him to ballance next to a pole and tell him the less force he
    has on the pole the more ballance he has and that once there is almost
    no force on the pole RIDE! Ride like the wind, and dont run into any
    cars. I dont think you would want to deal with roadkill.

    --
    ZebraOnAUnicycle - I want to move to COLORADO

    You can't take the wild out of an animal. Just like can't take the
    originality out of me!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZebraOnAUnicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7135
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  9. If you ride with KH cranks (with the nubs) wearing baggy jeans, then the
    bottoms can get stuck on the cranks. And that really sucks, especially
    doing it in front of a girl.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  10. If you ride with KH cranks (with the nubs) wearing baggy jeans, then the
    bottoms can get stuck on the cranks. And that really sucks, especially
    doing it in front of a girl.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  11. phlegm said:

    *Jeans can be uncomfortable because of the thick seam right where a
    bike or uni saddle goes. *

    If you wear underwear then you cannot feel the seam 😉

    I find certain pants much more confortable, they have to be comfortable
    to do almost anything, and preferably shorts or jeans that wont
    interfere with riding.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy) <--- Gallery
    ѕαиτα τнατ’ѕ
    му οиℓу ωιѕн
    τнιѕ уεαя...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2042
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  12. phlegm said:

    *Jeans can be uncomfortable because of the thick seam right where a
    bike or uni saddle goes. *

    If you wear underwear then you cannot feel the seam 😉

    I find certain pants much more confortable, they have to be comfortable
    to do almost anything, and preferably shorts or jeans that wont
    interfere with riding.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy) <--- Gallery
    ѕαиτα τнατ’ѕ
    му οиℓу ωιѕн
    τнιѕ уεαя...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2042
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  13. If you ride with KH cranks (with the nubs) wearing baggy jeans, then the
    bottoms can get stuck on the cranks. And that really sucks, especially
    doing it in front of a girl.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  14. Not for me!!! MWAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!!

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  15. Not for me!!! MWAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!!

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  16. Not for me!!! MWAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!!

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  17. Not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  18. Not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

    --
    total uni - posting is good for the soul!

    I post there for I am
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  19. My dad has been unicycling since he was my age. That's why my sister and
    I both have uni's (I ride, she says she does). He hasn't ridden in a
    really long time, and I keep nagging him to ride with me. My grandmother
    has pictures of him doing Kris Holm style MUni back in the 70's. I'll
    see if I can get my hands on some to scan and post them. And finally, if
    anyone is trying to pull that sterillity [censored], he had my mom had us
    accidentally with protection. Have any of you seen the kind of saddles
    they had back then????? Take that rock hard saddle and look at those
    pictures... Yeah, I just shot down all arguments against uni.

    --
    TheoELind - 5 year schwinn rider

    Any unicyclists in Colorado that want to ride with me? I love doing
    street, trials, freestyle, MUni, whatever. I also have 2 friends who I
    ride with. Even if you aren't in Colorado, come out over the summer
    while the skii resorts need buisness. Those mountains are getting sick
    of double tracks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheoELind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8872
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

  20. My dad has been unicycling since he was my age. That's why my sister and
    I both have uni's (I ride, she says she does). He hasn't ridden in a
    really long time, and I keep nagging him to ride with me. My grandmother
    has pictures of him doing Kris Holm style MUni back in the 70's. I'll
    see if I can get my hands on some to scan and post them. And finally, if
    anyone is trying to pull that sterillity [censored], he had my mom had us
    accidentally with protection. Have any of you seen the kind of saddles
    they had back then????? Take that rock hard saddle and look at those
    pictures... Yeah, I just shot down all arguments against uni.

    --
    TheoELind - 5 year schwinn rider

    Any unicyclists in Colorado that want to ride with me? I love doing
    street, trials, freestyle, MUni, whatever. I also have 2 friends who I
    ride with. Even if you aren't in Colorado, come out over the summer
    while the skii resorts need buisness. Those mountains are getting sick
    of double tracks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheoELind's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8872
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37077

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.