I live in Carlsbad, CA and it's not uncommon to see a group of 60+ riders waiting at a stop light on a Saturday morning. That being said, I have decided to kick the MTB to the curb and get myself a road bike. I went down to my LBS, which just happens to be right next to my work, and checked out what they had on sale. Im pretty sure I have made a decision on the bike I want but I just wanted to get a second opinion from you guys and not just make a spontaneous purchase. Performance bike is having a sale on the 2010 Fuji Roubaix 2.0. I would be getting the bike for about $800 and it includes lifetime tune-ups. I am 5'10, in great shape, and weigh 170 lbs. They said a 56cm would fit me. Here are some of the specs:
- NEW Fuji Altair 2 Custom Butted Aluminum frame with integrated head tube
- Feather-light FC-770 Fuji Bonded Carbon integrated fork
- Shimano Tiagra derailleurs and STI shifters with 9 speed cassette
- FSA Omega Compact MegaExo cranks with integrated spindle and sealed exterior cartridge bottom bracket
- Tektro R-520 dual pivot brakes
- Alex AKX-R3.0 wheelset with Vittoria Zaffiro tires
Will the stock components get me by without having to spend extra on upgrades? I plan to change out the tires to some Armadillos so I can avoid flats. From what the reviews say, I am also prepared to get a different saddle. This bike will be for recreation and hopefully joining some of those riders at the light on Saturday mornings. Besides the tires and saddle, is there anything else I should think about before purchasing this bike? Thanks for your help.
Here is the link to the full specs:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1077588_-1_1512507_20000_400306