General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My New Pants!

Started by Mary In Rock Is · · Last activity · 33 posts · 817 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 February 2004
Last activity
27 February 2004
Original author
Mary In Rock Is
Posts
33
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
817
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–33 of 33
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, I emptied out my closets a year ago ... and have yet to refill them. This years winter shirts
    are still from last year - a bit big, but they got me through the season. The only thing I've really
    replaced are a bunch of sweaters and some jeans. My closet is still empty. It makes it easier to
    hang stuff in there though - and deciding what to wear each day is certainly easy. LOL

    Joyce

    Miss Violette said:

    I can tell you I have emptied my closets, I didn't know I had so many clothes, in so many sizes. I
    just took all the business/dressy things to my mothers so her friend could sell them for me. I am
    also convinced that I will not ever have that many clothes again. It is such a joy to get dressed
    and stay in one room, not run from room to room trying to find something, good luck, Lee Mary in
    Rock Island IL <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Miss Violette said:

    wonderful NSV, Lee


    Thanks Lee. I'm looking forward to having fewer clothes fit.

    Mary

  2. Sounds like you need to go shopping :-) Julie

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I emptied out my closets a year ago ... and have yet to refill them.


    This

    Quoted message said:

    years winter shirts are still from last year - a bit big, but they got me


    through

    Quoted message said:

    the season. The only thing I've really replaced are a bunch of sweaters


    and some

    Quoted message said:

    jeans. My closet is still empty. It makes it easier to hang stuff in


    there

    Quoted message said:

    though - and deciding what to wear each day is certainly easy. LOL

    Joyce

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:29:55 -0600, "Miss Violette"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I can tell you I have emptied my closets, I didn't know I had so many clothes, in so many sizes.
    I just took all the business/dressy things to


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mothers so her friend could sell them for me. I am also convinced that I will not ever have that
    many clothes again. It is such a joy to get


    dressed

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and stay in one room, not run from room to room trying to find something, good luck, Lee Mary in
    Rock Island IL <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >wonderful NSV, Lee
    Thanks Lee. I'm looking forward to having fewer clothes fit.

    Mary

  3. Hi, Mary, Congratulations on the baggy pants!
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Mary in Rock Island IL" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This past summer I came upon some pants on the clearance rack ($5!). They just barely fit but I
    didn't think I could breathe while wearing them. Today they are on comfortably and they may even
    be a bit baggy! The even greater news is that I also bought a pair one size smaller yet (also for
    $5). Can't wait to wear them too!!

    Mary

  4. Catherine White said:

    Hi, Mary, Congratulations on the baggy pants!


    Thanks! Mary

  5. Yeah, I know - but I absolutely detest shopping. I'm an odd female. <G>

    Joyce

    skiur said:

    Sounds like you need to go shopping :-) Julie

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I emptied out my closets a year ago ... and have yet to refill them.


    This

    Quoted message said:

    years winter shirts are still from last year - a bit big, but they got me


    through

    Quoted message said:

    the season. The only thing I've really replaced are a bunch of sweaters


    and some

    Quoted message said:

    jeans. My closet is still empty. It makes it easier to hang stuff in


    there

    Quoted message said:

    though - and deciding what to wear each day is certainly easy. LOL

    Joyce

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:29:55 -0600, "Miss Violette"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I can tell you I have emptied my closets, I didn't know I had so many clothes, in so many sizes.
    I just took all the business/dressy things to


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mothers so her friend could sell them for me. I am also convinced that I will not ever have that
    many clothes again. It is such a joy to get


    dressed

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and stay in one room, not run from room to room trying to find something, good luck, Lee Mary in
    Rock Island IL <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >wonderful NSV, Lee
    > Thanks Lee. I'm looking forward to having fewer clothes fit.
    >
    >
    > Mary


  6. Joyce said:


    Yeah, I know - but I absolutely detest shopping. I'm an odd female. <G>

    Me too! The only shopping I LIKE doing is fabric shopping. If I had to do grocery shopping, our
    family would starve! Love to cook, hate to shop!

    --

    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons diceyhome.free-online.co.ukdiceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. I had it worked out so The DH could go and buy whatever I wanted except for
    the dressiest of clothes, right down to the socks, He said the other day my
    non shopping days are over until I get to goal, he can't keep up with size
    changes, I am taking this as an incentive to get there so I can quit
    shopping. I love clothes, just hate to shop to get them, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yeah, I know - but I absolutely detest shopping. I'm an odd female. <G>

    Joyce

    skiur said:

    Sounds like you need to go shopping :-) Julie

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I emptied out my closets a year ago ... and have yet to refill


    them.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    This

    Quoted message said:

    years winter shirts are still from last year - a bit big, but they got


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    through

    Quoted message said:

    the season. The only thing I've really replaced are a bunch of


    sweaters

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and some

    Quoted message said:

    jeans. My closet is still empty. It makes it easier to hang stuff in


    there

    Quoted message said:

    though - and deciding what to wear each day is certainly easy. LOL

    Joyce

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:29:55 -0600, "Miss Violette"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    wrote:

    >I can tell you I have emptied my closets, I didn't know I had so many clothes, in so many
    >sizes. I just took all the business/dressy things


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my

    Quoted message said:

    >mothers so her friend could sell them for me. I am also convinced


    that I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >will not ever have that many clothes again. It is such a joy to get


    dressed

    Quoted message said:

    >and stay in one room, not run from room to room trying to find


    something,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >good luck, Lee Mary in Rock Island IL <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> "Miss Violette" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >wonderful NSV, Lee
    >> Thanks Lee. I'm looking forward to having fewer clothes fit.
    >>
    >>
    >> Mary
    >

  8. On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:17:06 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Joyce said:


    Yeah, I know - but I absolutely detest shopping. I'm an odd female. <G>

    Me too! The only shopping I LIKE doing is fabric shopping. If I had to do grocery shopping, our
    family would starve! Love to cook, hate to shop!

    I do love browsing fabric stores, but don't do much sewing anymore. And I definitely never got into
    anything like you do! Same with the groceries - I go when it is absolutely necessary, or the trips
    to the stores that hub doesn't care to hit. He does the majority on the week-end, I do the fill-in
    stuff during the week. Most clothing shopping I do online, but it's become tougher now that the
    sizing has become an issue. It's easier to just avoid it entirely. <G>

    Joyce

  9. OOOOH I love clothing NSV's! Great job!!!!

    Melissa in NJ 🙂

    Mary in Rock Island IL <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    This past summer I came upon some pants on the clearance rack ($5!). They just barely fit but I
    didn't think I could breathe while wearing them. Today they are on comfortably and they may even
    be a bit baggy! The even greater news is that I also bought a pair one size smaller yet (also for
    $5). Can't wait to wear them too!!

    Mary

  10. frood said:

    Great, Mary! A bargain and a boost all at once!

    New pants/trousers for me, too! I went shopping for new jeans today. My current brand, Lee, is
    getting baggy in the size 16s, so I tried on the 14s. A bit snug, but doable, but the legs were
    very baggy - I prefer straight leg jeans. So, I tried a different brand, Bill Blass, I think. Well,
    the 14s fit, but they were kind of roomy. I went back, very much wishing I'd remembered to wear slip-
    on shoes instead of my lace-up boots, and got a 12. Woo hoo! Amazing! The 12s fit! Snug, but not
    uncomfortable!

    Woohoo, how exciting. Way to go Wendy :-)

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  11. Thanks! I'm about to try out my new pants and shape on some friends. One (from this ng) hasn't seen
    me in about a year, the others haven't seen me in 18 months. I've got my walking shoes with me!

    --
    Wendy (see ya when I get back) griffinsflight.comquilt1.htm de-fang email
    address to reply

    "Erin Marsh" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Woohoo, how exciting. Way to go Wendy :-)

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    275.3/196/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  12. frood said:

    Thanks! I'm about to try out my new pants and shape on some friends. One (from this ng) hasn't seen
    me in about a year, the others haven't seen me in 18 months. I've got my walking shoes with me!


    Have fun! I'm looking forward to a full report (both on this newsgroup and rctq!).

    Mary

  13. Mary that's wonderful! I'm so so happy for you AND your new pants! 🙂

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.6/172

    "Mary in Rock Island IL" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This past summer I came upon some pants on the clearance rack ($5!). They just barely fit but I
    didn't think I could breathe while wearing them. Today they are on comfortably and they may even
    be a bit baggy! The even greater news is that I also bought a pair one size smaller yet (also for
    $5). Can't wait to wear them too!!

    Mary

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.