Nail in Coffin.

crit PRO

Guest
Stan Holms needs a media person.....badly.

read the Tour of Georgia Director's quote.....

"When we started this event, we wanted to grow it in five years to be
North America's premier event," executive director Stan Holm said.
"When Lance came in Year 2, that validated we had already arrived as
North America's premier event. For him to come back and defend the
title drives the final nail in the coffin. We're thrilled."

Armstrong initially planned to spend April competing in one-day races
in Belgium and the Netherlands. Instead, he entered the Georgia event,
which begins April 19 in Augusta and culminates five days later in
suburban Atlanta.

That is an interesting choice of words.

cp

"crit PRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stan Holms needs a media person.....badly.
>
> read the Tour of Georgia Director's quote.....
>

> "When we started this event, we wanted to grow it in five years to be
> North America's premier event," executive director Stan Holm said.
> "When Lance came in Year 2, that validated we had already arrived as
> North America's premier event. For him to come back and defend the
> title drives the final nail in the coffin. We're thrilled."
>
> Armstrong initially planned to spend April competing in one-day races
> in Belgium and the Netherlands. Instead, he entered the Georgia event,
> which begins April 19 in Augusta and culminates five days later in
> suburban Atlanta.
>
> That is an interesting choice of words.
>

> cp

Indeed, quite the odd turn of phrase. But hey, you're talking about Georgia
.... land of tar-paper shacks and Deliverance.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

crit PRO wrote:

> "When Lance came in Year 2, that validated we had already arrived as
> North America's premier event. For him to come back and defend the
> title drives the final nail in the coffin. We're thrilled."

> That is an interesting choice of words.

"This funding is a real shot in the arm for our anti-drug campaign"
--unnamed British sporting official, c 1985.

> Indeed, quite the odd turn of phrase. But hey, you're talking about

Georgia
> ... land of tar-paper shacks and Deliverance.

I've always wanted to do some kayaking in Georgia. Something I would
never attempt in lycra.