rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Natural trials video - Mann River...

Started by andrew_carter · · Last activity · 20 posts · 448 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
29 December 2005
Last activity
30 December 2005
Original author
andrew_carter
Posts
20
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
448
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 20
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A couple of days ago I went for a short camping trip to Mann River. We
    arrived at the main camp site that everything goes to. It's nice, lots
    of kangaroos and wallabies, nice water and rocks, but then we hiked one
    and a half hours up the river to this gorgeous spot that very few
    people know of. On the way I got so excited seeing all these amazing
    trials lines -everywhere-. The river is absolutely full of beatiful
    rocks and fallen logs...such a great variety of trials lines. I got
    there and rode some fun lines around where we were camping. There were
    some nice ones...really fun. The whole time I was worried about
    getting a flat tyre because I forgot a repair kit, so of course within
    less than an hour of riding I got a flat. 🙁 The hike back was agony.
    Some of those lines I missed out on riding were perfect - really fun
    looking and visually beatiful. I was going to film some really well
    framed shots there.

    Anyway, here's the little bit of riding I got done:
    http://tinyurl.com/dusry

    11330

    Andrew

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Compilation - Mann River.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/11330 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)* (coming soon...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  2. man i really wanna go to australia... sucks about the tire.. nice riding
    for waht it lasted

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unitik908's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8690
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  3. U-Turn said:

    Such a beautiful spot.... perhaps it was a blessing that the tube blew.

    WTF! That tube blowing was terrible. He could have conquered the
    outback, but he got stuck walking back to camp. (I know that part of
    Australia isn't quite the outback, but it sounds more dramatic this
    way.)

    --
    koebwil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  4. hey andrew could you post a link or pm me a clip of your tyre faceplant
    that isnt div-x
    ive wanted to watch tha t but i cant watch div-x stuff it freezes my
    computer

    thanx

    --
    unijesse

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be the best day
    of my life."-Bart Simpson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  5. Thanks guys.

    U-Turn said:

    Such a beautiful spot.... perhaps it was a blessing that the tube blew.

    Yeah, but if it didn't blow I'd have appreciated both the beautiful
    scenery and beautiful trials lines. 🙂

    unijesse said:

    hey andrew could you post a link or pm me a clip of your tyre faceplant
    that isnt div-x
    ive wanted to watch tha t but i cant watch div-x stuff it freezes my
    computer

    Here you go - http://tinyurl.com/7d3pj . 🙂

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)* (coming soon...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  6. oh dude, thats depressing!!
    i love australia for all the bush and all of the random little trials
    lines u can find by just going up into the mountains or down some
    random track 🙂

    where abouts is that little place u were riding at then??
    and by the way, do u think a KH20" Trials would be good to take for a
    few rides like that with it ? or isnt it the type of uni that would
    addapt to that kind of terrain??

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni😉 **
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  7. Mann River is a little bit north of Grafton, I think.

    I've never seen one in person, but the '05 KH20" uni looks fantastic.
    Any decent trials uni is fine for natural trials...and the KH is
    definitely a decent trials uni.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)* (coming soon...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  8. nice vid sir.. just a bit too shirt.. stupid tubes.. haha

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  9. man nice gaps. *smiles approvingly* youre awesome with trials. ashame
    about the tyre.

    --
    chosen

    respectfully,
    jonny
    *'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cyq4q)*
    *🙂i love this end up🙂*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  10. Hey Andrew... I think you're convincing me to buy a plane ticket... TO
    AUZZI-LAND!

    wow... I love that place so much.

    --
    Murde Mental

    "You make love demon style." ~Kristine

    Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one who's little path would make me
    sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666. There was a
    little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  11. that suck that the tube is toast, but nice trials!

    Also, so thats u in the faceplant clip? that was funny

    --
    musketman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  12. Wow, what a perfectly ideal riding place. Great scenery and
    great....rocks!

    Nice one Andrew, you still continue to make everyone else jealous. :p

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Andrew Carter said:

    I never thought I'd hear myself saying this but if it comes down to blue
    nipples that are (weak), or plain strong ones, I'll most likely go for
    the blue ones...

    you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  13. andrew_carter said:

    Here you go - http://tinyurl.com/7d3pj . 🙂

    Andrew

    thanks, i'll have to watch it later at my moms house though.

    --
    unijesse

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be the best day
    of my life."-Bart Simpson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  14. What a great location.. and nice riding too 😉

    --
    Racenut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Racenut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11339
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  15. musketman said:

    Also, so thats u in the faceplant clip? that was funny

    It sure is. 🙂

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)* (coming soon...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  16. i see ur avator is based on that footage

    --
    musketman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  17. hey, this is totally not working for me... weird.

    i get a vid that's totally white, with a tiny sound at the beginning

    --
    Fuego

    "Get off my Property before you sue me!"
    -Morons everywhere.

    "Wow, I think it's clear that gimp does a much better job of saving
    gifs than mspaint."
    -Phlegm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  18. Great vid, But why do you get flat tires so often?

    --
    KcTheAcy

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  19. Fuego,
    I have no idea why it's not working. Have you tried downloading it and
    playing it in different players?

    Kaycee,
    I have no idea...it's not fair! I used to never get flat tyres. This
    one wasn't even a pinch flat. I haven't investigated it yet, but I
    guess it must have been some kind of thorn.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)* (coming soon...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

  20. get the tubes with anti flat slime in them there great i get a flat
    about every week but this tube repairs it self!

    --
    redhead

    "Watch me do that agein!" Shaun E. Johanneson

    -Party hard unicycle harder
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45672

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.