rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Need A Solution: Broken Seats...

Started by Evan Byrne · · Last activity · 22 posts · 682 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 September 2005
Last activity
22 September 2005
Original author
Evan Byrne
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
682
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–22 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. trials riders go without seats to cut down on weight (no seat tubes,
    etc, and they can pull the bike up higher). which would be fine and
    dandy on a unicycle, but then the angle is all screwed up for pulling
    up. and your quads will hate you :-D.

    --
    Duffle
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Duffle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9239
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43422

  2. TrialsUni said:

    *I think you'll really enjoy it. I broke one KH seat, and cracked
    areas of a long-ago miyata

    So, it was my first time going cf. I'm never going back. It did take
    a while getting used to. "What? No flex? Less weight? Stronger?"
    I also wasn't used to riding with so much less foam (which I wanted to
    get rid of most of that foam thickness), and less curve (which is
    better in my opinion, because I tilt my seat), and a deeper base with
    more to grab onto (and thanks to sif grips) than my last base. *

    Honestly I don't expect any amazing changes in the way my uni rides,
    being as I've been using cf bases exclusively for around a year now. The
    only difference is that now I will have two, count 'em, TWO functioning
    unicycles at once. I went to cf only because I went through two KH
    saddles, a united, a savage, and a miyata. I also shredded two miyata
    handles and one of thier bumpers. I've had enough of saddle troubles,
    hence the SW base.

    It'll be a couple weeks before I put foam on my SW base. Chances are
    I'll just put ducttape and cardboard in a few choice places to protect
    it and ride
    it without a cover. This won't be the first time... I went a couple
    months at one point riding a deflated airseat on my trals.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Trials-Muni

    Nick's main man.

    "I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
    there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gerblefranklin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4295
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43422

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.