Need help finding diskless Hubs for my Dirt Jumper.

CptKlink

Sep 19, 2014
Anybody out there know where i can find a set of Hubs front and rear for my dirt jumper that doesn't have Disk mounts for disk breaks on them?

Easiest option, use hubs with rotor mounts and just ignore them. The rims won't care, and should upgradeitis strike you, your wheels remain useable. Not much downside to it otherwise. If you insist, we'd need to know what axles your fork/frame is intended for to be able to advise. If it's regular 9/10 mm nutted or c/r, Shimano Deore and (others)is still readily available w/o rotor mounts.

Well my bike is a full rigid frame and rigid fork my axles are regular 9 mm nutted type. My bike is used for a few things mainly riding a dirt jump course a friend of mine and me made and also its my daily commuter to and from work. So it does see some abuse but also normally ridden everyday. Also if possible if its not asking to much what rims would be a good match for what i just explained cuz these stock ones that came with this bike just don't cut it and are faily bent so much so i have stopped dirt jumping and only riding it for getting to work till i can find a decent set of rims and if possible sealed hubs.

Thanks
CptKlink

Look at SHIMANO's SAINT and/or HONE with "[color=ff0000]center lock[/color]" disc mounts ...
  • BOTH are DH hubs & are even more robust than Shimano's MTB hubs. You may need to look at the earlier generation hubs which I am pretty sure (at least for the SAINT hubs) were available with "regular" axles ... IF NOT, then you can re-fit the thru-axles with regular axle assemblies. IF you need a symmetrical front hub, then consider a 40h Tandem hub.
BTW. See if you can locate some SUN RHYNOLITE rims ...

I'm actully thinking this is actully closer to a 26" (tire size) BMX. Cuz looking over the bike completely it look more like a BMX then a dirt jumper you normally see. Like it being full rigid, and the headset looks exactly like what you would see off of a BMX just with MTB style handle bars, it being single speed with a normal thread on freewheel and hub. Here let up upload and show you a few pics of my bike and the parts thats looking like my bike is actully a 26" BMX

Sealed? Are you perhaps referring to hubs with cartridge bearings? Apart from on some dirt-cheap kids' bikes, I don't think I've ever seen a bicycle hub w/o some kind of seal. Varying levels of refinement though. Hubs don't care what kind of rim they're laced to. If the axle matches the dropouts and the hole count matches the drilling of the rim, anything goes. If you find a BMX front hub with the right spec, feel free to use it.

Never heard of a 26" BMX. 24" - yes. But 26" - no. Either way, the principal difference between a 26" BMX and a 26" dirt/jump bike is darn close to zero.

Well there is 26" BMX's like look at the Volume Sledgehammer and the SE OM Flyer are just two out of many you can get actually.

CptKlink said:
Well there is 26" BMX's like look at the [COLOR=333333]Volume Sledgehammer and the SE OM Flyer are just two out of many you can get actually.[/COLOR]
Didn't say there weren't any, only that I've never seen one. Either way, doesn't matter if you scale up a dirt BMX to 26" or if you trim down and reinforce a 26" MTB to a dirt MTB - whichever direction you come from, you'll meet in the middle.

CptKlink said:
[COLOR=C0C0C0]I'm actully thinking this is actully closer to a 26" (tire size) BMX. Cuz looking over the bike completely it look more like a BMX then a dirt jumper you normally see. Like it being full rigid, and the headset looks exactly like what you would see off of a BMX just with MTB style handle bars, it being single speed with a normal thread on freewheel and hub. [/COLOR]Here let up upload and show you a few pics of my bike and the parts thats looking like my bike is actully a 26" BMX
Okay, I'm [COLOR=008000]an inquiring mind ... [/COLOR]
  • BECAUSE seeing pictures of the bike which you want the hubs for raises several questions .... WHAT is wrong with the bike's current hubs? WHAT is the frame's rear dropout spacing? 120mm? 135mm? Other?
WHAT is the fork's dropout spacing? WHAT is the chainline? [COLOR=FF0000]WHY can't you use any off-the-shelf set of BMX hubs which are considered to be robust enough for BMX jumping for the wheels you want to build?[/COLOR] FWIW. I think that YOUR best bet for getting THE answer you want is to contact DANSCOMP. [color=000000]

Ya i found out I have to get BMX hubs cuz it has BMX spacing 110MM rear and 100MM front. I want to replace them for something a little more sealed since not only is this my dirt jumper but also its my daily commuter to and from work so it will also but used in all kinds of weather/conditions. Also since i now know its BMX hubs i need i will have no problems finding thoes so really this thread can be closed.

100 mm front is, without a doubt, the most common front hub dimension. Nothing BMX -specific about that. But I really don't understand your emphasis on sealed hubs. 99% of hubs have some sort of seals, and gets ridden in all kinds of weathers w/o any particular amount of suffering. You're worrying about a non-issue. My commute is 2x16 miles, year round where winter means sanded and salted roads. I've mainly used bone-stock Shimano LX hubs. They get a clean and repack every year whether they need it or not. Hubs getting contaminated hasn't been an issue.

Also another reason for upgrading is cuz this is a Canadian Tire Bike or walmart for that matter both pretty much the same. I was planning on stripping the bike down and replacing every part possable with quality parts ensted of you basic Chinese parts. I do know the breaks and the freewheel are Shimano so thoes will most likely stay.