General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Need help with a fruit sauce for chicken

Started by Koko · · Last activity · 17 posts · 164 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 July 2007
Last activity
2 July 2007
Original author
Koko
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
164
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken
    http://i16.tinypic.com/5x7t4io.jpg

    I was tempted to put in a little water or white wine but I wanted to
    see how much juice I would get from just the fruit. 25 minutes of a
    low simmer I have a nice thick not too sweet sauce.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/5xfbfic.jpg

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    TIA

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  2. Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken
    http://i16.tinypic.com/5x7t4io.jpg

    I was tempted to put in a little water or white wine but I wanted to
    see how much juice I would get from just the fruit. 25 minutes of a
    low simmer I have a nice thick not too sweet sauce.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/5xfbfic.jpg

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    TIA

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

    A little nutmeg wouldn't hurt

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
    Elbonian Folklore

  3. Koko said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken
    http://i16.tinypic.com/5x7t4io.jpg

    I was tempted to put in a little water or white wine but I wanted to
    see how much juice I would get from just the fruit. 25 minutes of a
    low simmer I have a nice thick not too sweet sauce.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/5xfbfic.jpg

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    TIA

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

    Curry, onion, garlic, citrus zest, parsley and lime juice to name a few
    all go well with fruit.

  4. hahabogus said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken
    http://i16.tinypic.com/5x7t4io.jpg

    I was tempted to put in a little water or white wine but I wanted to
    see how much juice I would get from just the fruit. 25 minutes of a
    low simmer I have a nice thick not too sweet sauce.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/5xfbfic.jpg

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    TIA

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

    A little nutmeg wouldn't hurt

    Ahh, good thought, thanks

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  5. Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking


    tarragon

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    TIA

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 6/24

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

    A little nutmeg wouldn't hurt

    Ahh, good thought, thanks

    Perhaps a little something hot? Chipotle or jalapeno pepper?

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
    Elbonian Folklore

  6. Koko said:

    I'm open for suggestions.

    Cloves, cinnamon, cumin, chile peppers.

    Victor

  7. hahabogus said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking


    tarragon

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > and barely a splash of white wine.
    > I'm open for suggestions.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Koko
    > ---
    > http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    > updated 6/24
    >
    > "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    > George Bernard Shaw
    >

    A little nutmeg wouldn't hurt

    Ahh, good thought, thanks

    Perhaps a little something hot? Chipotle or jalapeno pepper?

    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Oh yeah, that's the ticket, Chipotle. Don't know why I didn't think of
    that.
    I had tarragon stuck on the brain, which I will probably do another
    time.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  8. Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm open for suggestions.

    Depends on sweetness but molasses would add flavour and that certain touch.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
    Elbonian Folklore

  9. Koko said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken

    Quoted message said:

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    I would add some curry powder and a splash of wine. Maybe a bit of
    butter.

    Tara

  10. hahabogus said:


    A little nutmeg wouldn't hurt

    Nutmeg? blech.

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  11. hahabogus said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm open for suggestions.

    Depends on sweetness but molasses would add flavour and that certain touch.

    Dang man, you are full of great ideas, I'll bet a touch of that with
    the chipotle added in would be great also.
    The fruits I used are not real sweet so this would work.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  12. On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 23:56:23 +0200, [email hidden] (Victor Sack)

    Quoted message said:
    Koko said:

    I'm open for suggestions.

    Cloves, cinnamon, cumin, chile peppers.

    Victor

    Thank you Victor,
    Looks like I have the next few meals covered.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  13. Tara said:
    Koko said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken

    Quoted message said:

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.

    I would add some curry powder and a splash of wine. Maybe a bit of
    butter.

    Tara

    Thank you Tara, great ideas. I knew I came to the right place for
    help.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  14. Koko said:

    I cut up some angelcots, satsumas, saturn peaches and added some
    cherries to cook down into a sauce for chicken
    http://i16.tinypic.com/5x7t4io.jpg

    I was tempted to put in a little water or white wine but I wanted to
    see how much juice I would get from just the fruit. 25 minutes of a
    low simmer I have a nice thick not too sweet sauce.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/5xfbfic.jpg

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.


    Could you adapt the fruit stew to a chutney recipe?

    Alternatively you could add some chipotles.
    --

    modom

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  15. Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm open for suggestions.


    Maybe some lime or orange zest.

    --

    The house of the burning beet-Alan

    It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
    Elbonian Folklore

  16. hahabogus said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Koko wrote in news:[email hidden]:

    > I'm open for suggestions.


    Maybe some lime or orange zest.

    I did squeeze a little lemon in it. Orange sounds good too.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  17. On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:45:55 -0500, "modom (palindrome guy)"

    moc.etoyok@modom said:

    On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:26:15 -0700, Koko wrote:


    snippage

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I would like to add some savory spices to this. I am thinking tarragon
    and barely a splash of white wine.
    I'm open for suggestions.


    Could you adapt the fruit stew to a chutney recipe?

    Alternatively you could add some chipotles.
    --

    modom

    Chutney did cross my mind also.
    hahabogus suggested chipotles also which I think is the way I'm going
    to go.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/01

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.