Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Need some wide fit shoes

Started by Eastway82 · · Last activity · 10 posts · 1,888 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 October 2006
Last activity
26 October 2006
Original author
Eastway82
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,888
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need some wide fit road shoes. Most shoes seem to have a fairly narrow toe box, and I really need to be able to wiggle my toes around - I've broken most of the bones in my right foot at one time or another and poor circulation means I suffer really badly from numb feet. Currently using Diadora mtb shoes (not too bad) and Carnac road shoes - numb foot in half an hour. Any recommendations as to which brands offer more room in the toe area? Ideally without spending an absolute fortune...

  2. Eastway82 said:

    I need some wide fit road shoes. Most shoes seem to have a fairly narrow toe box, and I really need to be able to wiggle my toes around - I've broken most of the bones in my right foot at one time or another and poor circulation means I suffer really badly from numb feet. Currently using Diadora mtb shoes (not too bad) and Carnac road shoes - numb foot in half an hour. Any recommendations as to which brands offer more room in the toe area? Ideally without spending an absolute fortune...

    I use Shimano R151 as it has a wide toe box.

  3. +1 on shimano.

    Sidi also have a MEGA range which is made for wide feet.

  4. All the Shimano's I have tried were too narrow for me. I found that the Northwave and Forte (Performance's house brand) shoes run much wider than Shimano, but not as wide as the Sidi Mega. I tried on about a dozen different shoes immediately after a 38 mile ride. That way, my feet would tell me right away which shoes felt good. I ended up with the Forte CM310 mountain bike shoe performancebike.comprofile.cfm and have put more than a thousand miles on them, including back-to-back 75 mile rides, without any discomfort. The Forte CR310 road shoe is the same upper with a lighter, road-style sole.

  5. Thanks Guys - the Sidi megas sound good. Not sure my LBS will appreciate me turning up all sweaty and trying on all their shoes, but I'll give it a go!

  6. Eastway82 said:

    Thanks Guys - the Sidi megas sound good. Not sure my LBS will appreciate me turning up all sweaty and trying on all their shoes, but I'll give it a go!

    Just change your socks, and it will not be a problem😎 .

  7. Have you tried Pearl Izumi's? They have a comfortable toe box. 🙄

    Eastway82 said:

    I need some wide fit road shoes. Most shoes seem to have a fairly narrow toe box, and I really need to be able to wiggle my toes around - I've broken most of the bones in my right foot at one time or another and poor circulation means I suffer really badly from numb feet. Currently using Diadora mtb shoes (not too bad) and Carnac road shoes - numb foot in half an hour. Any recommendations as to which brands offer more room in the toe area? Ideally without spending an absolute fortune...

  8. I've found the Specialized Taho has a wide mid-foot section that can accommodate my 4E-width feet. I believe Carnacs run on the wide size, too.

  9. RickF said:

    All the Shimano's I have tried were too narrow for me. I found that the Northwave and Forte (Performance's house brand) shoes run much wider than Shimano, but not as wide as the Sidi Mega. I tried on about a dozen different shoes immediately after a 38 mile ride. That way, my feet would tell me right away which shoes felt good. I ended up with the Forte CM310 mountain bike shoe performancebike.comprofile.cfm and have put more than a thousand miles on them, including back-to-back 75 mile rides, without any discomfort. The Forte CR310 road shoe is the same upper with a lighter, road-style sole.

    The R151's are wider in the toe box that other Shimano's

  10. RickF said:

    Just change your socks, and it will not be a problem😎 .

    Change them? It's not New Year yet...! :-)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.