Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Need Woods Valve Tube

Started by Bubba · · Last activity · 6 posts · 738 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 September 2006
Last activity
19 September 2006
Original author
Bubba
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
738
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of the
    valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can find one
    in the Southeast US. I live in SC.

    Bubba

  2. Bubba said:

    My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of the
    valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can find one
    in the Southeast US. I live in SC.

    Bubba

    Can't you just replace the tube with a presta tube?

  3. "Bubba" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of
    the valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can
    find one in the Southeast US. I live in SC.

    Bubba


    Bubba -

    You can replace it with a Schrader-valve tube.

    The woods valve rubber comes in the repair kits I buy. If you really, really
    need a new tip, drop me a personal with your snail mail address adn I'll
    send you some.

    Cheers,

    Tom

  4. Bubba said:

    My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of the
    valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can find one
    in the Southeast US. I live in SC.

    Generally when I get a super-cheapo patch kit at a 99-cent
    store, it comes with a Woods valve tube. Try looking for
    some of those.

    Ben

  5. Bubba said:

    My daughter has a japanese bike with woods valves on the tires. One of the
    valves is leaking and needs a new rubber tip. Any idea where I can find one
    in the Southeast US. I live in SC.

    Bubba

    Dear Bubba,

    I think this kit on eBay has two rubber tips for Woods valves:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Patch-Kit-Large-Bicycle-Inner-Tube-Tire-Repair_W0QQitemZ290023394645QQihZ019QQcategoryZ27954QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    or http://tinyurl.com/gfd83

    See lower left of picture.

    Cheers,

    Carl Fogel

  6. Thanks all. I'll look for such a kit. If no joy, I'll convert the bike.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.