Netherlands to Tierra del Fuego via Siberia

Graeme Dods wrote:
> I came across this site - http://crossingcontinents.objectis.net/index_eng?lang=eng
> from a link on the bike builder's site - http://www.m-gineering.nl/articg.htm
>
> It sounds like quite a trip, if he ever manages to finish it! The bike
> looks like quite an interesting design, three rims front and back for
> the snow/ice and a dual stage drive.
>
> Theo, is he any relation to you? He mentions his mother is a Bekkers.
>
> Graeme

The best cycling blog I've come across is this one.
http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Bikepacker/

Friday

Graeme Dods wrote:

> I came across this site -
> http://crossingcontinents.objectis.net/index_eng?lang=eng from a link
> on the bike builder's site - http://www.m-gineering.nl/articg.htm

> Theo, is he any relation to you? He mentions his mother is a Bekkers.

His mother is a Bekker. No relation and not the same name. Bekker and
Bekkers are both Southern Dutch names derived from bakker which is the Dutch
word for a baker. So Bekker is to Bekkers as Baker is to Bakers.

Theo

"Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
>I came across this site -
>http://crossingcontinents.objectis.net/index_eng?lang=eng
> from a link on the bike builder's site -
> http://www.m-gineering.nl/articg.htm
>
> It sounds like quite a trip, if he ever manages to finish it! The bike
> looks like quite an interesting design, three rims front and back for
> the snow/ice and a dual stage drive.
>
> Theo, is he any relation to you? He mentions his mother is a Bekkers.
>
> Graeme

I think he will finish! Why, i know him and he has put years of preparation
in it. Physical and mental he is oke it is only the bad conditions (read
good when there is to less ice) that can stop him.

He has done training runs in the north of Finland (wintertime -40 clesius)
and is now on his second purpus build bike (first one was not good enough)

Greetings

Olav
(The Netherlands)

Olav & Marianne wrote:
> "Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>> I came across this site -
>> http://crossingcontinents.objectis.net/index_eng?lang=eng
>> from a link on the bike builder's site -
>> http://www.m-gineering.nl/articg.htm
>>
>> It sounds like quite a trip, if he ever manages to finish it! The bike
>> looks like quite an interesting design, three rims front and back for
>> the snow/ice and a dual stage drive.
>>
>> Theo, is he any relation to you? He mentions his mother is a Bekkers.
>>
>> Graeme

> I think he will finish! Why, i know him and he has put years of preparation
> in it. Physical and mental he is oke it is only the bad conditions (read
> good when there is to less ice) that can stop him.
>
> He has done training runs in the north of Finland (wintertime -40 clesius)
> and is now on his second purpus build bike (first one was not good enough)
>
> Greetings
>
> Olav
> (The Netherlands)

It looks like he's been having a hard time of it.

Friday

"Friday" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Olav & Marianne wrote:
>> "Graeme Dods" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I came across this site -
>>> http://crossingcontinents.objectis.net/index_eng?lang=eng
>>> from a link on the bike builder's site -
>>> http://www.m-gineering.nl/articg.htm
>>>
>>> It sounds like quite a trip, if he ever manages to finish it! The bike
>>> looks like quite an interesting design, three rims front and back for
>>> the snow/ice and a dual stage drive.
>>>
>>> Theo, is he any relation to you? He mentions his mother is a Bekkers.
>>>
>>> Graeme

>> I think he will finish! Why, i know him and he has put years of
>> preparation in it. Physical and mental he is oke it is only the bad
>> conditions (read good when there is to less ice) that can stop him.
>>
>> He has done training runs in the north of Finland (wintertime -40
>> clesius) and is now on his second purpus build bike (first one was not
>> good enough)
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Olav
>> (The Netherlands)

> It looks like he's been having a hard time of it.
>

> Friday

He has had an hard time, but he will do it some time, i mean it is not his
first attempt crossing frozen water (and won't be his last).
Another Dutchman crossed Greenland http://www.ralphtuijn.nl/expedities.html
just for training to go to the Southpole. To bad it is in Dutch.
It was more pushing than biking ........

Greetings,

Olav
(only biking on bitumen, sand and gravel on an www.vittorio.nl with an
www.rohloff.de axel comming soon)