Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

New Bike For My Son

Started by konaman132 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 8,643 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 October 2005
Last activity
1 October 2007
Original author
konaman132
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
8,643
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am getting a new bike for my son so he can go out downhilling with me. He has a bike now and it looks nice but the damn thing keeps breaking down.

    So I am getting him a Kona Makena hardtail 20". He is just turning 10yrs old. He has been with me before, but the piece of [censored] Mongoose he has just does not cut it.

    I can't wait to give it to him, but it is going to be a Christmas present so I will have to wait. Here is a link to it:

    www.konaworld.com then click on 2005 bikes then click on Makena.

    I think that he will love it and I can't wait to ride with him after he gets it!!!

  2. sooo, i take it your sticking with kona..eh?

    if you are, for a 10 yearold (around 5ft by now, i would think) 20" is wayy too big, i would get him a 17"...and he would still have lots of room to grow.

  3. FSRXCRIDER said:

    sooo, i take it your sticking with kona..eh?

    if you are, for a 10 yearold (around 5ft by now, i would think) 20" is wayy too big, i would get him a 17"...and he would still have lots of room to grow.


    I'd just like to point out your slight mistake there FSRX. I do believe he meant 20" wheel not 20" frame. 20" wheel is a perfectly reasonble size for a 10 year old (obviously depending on the hieght)

    Having said that, if i was that kid and my dad was buying me a bike I'd be wanting one of these specialized.comSBCBkModel.jsp It's a kids bike with 4 Bar Linkage full suspension. Specialised FSR 4 bar no less.
    Coolest kids bike ever!

  4. Ringosis said:

    I'd just like to point out your slight mistake there FSRX. I do believe he meant 20" wheel not 20" frame. 20" wheel is a perfectly reasonble size for a 10 year old (obviously depending on the hieght)

    Having said that, if i was that kid and my dad was buying me a bike I'd be wanting one of these specialized.comSBCBkModel.jsp It's a kids bike with 4 Bar Linkage full suspension. Specialised FSR 4 bar no less.
    Coolest kids bike ever!

    wow, thats REALLY neat, redesigned for 2006! all it needs is some Fox Shox and and disc brakes!

    its still well worth the $580 dollars to pay for it thogh, and thanks for the pointer lol.

  5. Well, my son has had a Kona Makena 20" and has ridden it and out grown it. Now he has a Kona Stuff 2-4. By the looks of it he will easily have a couple of years on this bike before he out grows it.

    Here is a link to some pictures from our Ray's MTB Trip.

    new.photos.yahoo.comslideshow

  6. My son has rode the Kona Stuff 2-4 for a season now and the bike still rocks. At almost 12yrs old, he has been hitting jumps, tabletops, northshore and lot of gnarly downhill. My son and his Kona are starting to make the old duffers look bad!

    It is so cool to go out and ride with him!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.