General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

New boots and panties

Started by The Reids · · Last activity · 11 posts · 449 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 October 2004
Last activity
20 October 2004
Original author
The Reids
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?
    (I was lying about the panties).
    --
    Mike Reid
    Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
    Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

  2. The Reids <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?
    (I was lying about the panties).

    No panties?
    That's why the old boots are covered in dandruff.
    --
    Gordon

  3. The Reids said:

    I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?
    (I was lying about the panties).

    But you made me read the post!

    --

    Paul

    (Watch this space)

  4. On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:26:23 +0100, The Reids <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    | I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    | wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    | shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    | boots?

    When I was in the RAF they had 8 different widths of footwear, I took a
    size six fitting 8, the widest, Wonderful!!. Never found anything which
    would fit as well in the last OMG 40 years. Nowadays I take a 7 or longer
    :-(((((

    Assuming that the Forces still take good care of squadies feet how about
    military surplus boots?.

    | (I was lying about the panties).
    :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

    --
    Dave F

  5. The Reids said:

    I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?

    Wide relative to what though? If your feet weren't especially wide to
    start with then having got wider may still mean you don't need anything
    especially broad.

    So it's the usual advice: get them measured up in a place with a Clue
    and try on everything they have that's appropriate.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  6. The Reids said:

    I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?
    (I was lying about the panties).

    Well...hard to belive possibly, but I bought my boots in Millets
    (Bristol) but they have London branches. The assistant knew her stuff,
    and couldn't have been more helpful. Got a discount too. The only thing
    possibly against would be the range they carry - I'd narrowed mine down
    to a few, which they did carry. I've also found Cotswold to be OK in the
    past, but I did get clued-up assistants which isn't always the case.

    Generally, if I can, and they're any good, I prefer to use small one-man
    band shops - ever diminishing these days. I'm lucky, as just up the road
    from me there are 2 such things - a bike shop and an outdoor shop.

    I'd avoid Snow and Rock.

    Steve

  7. On 20/10/04 11:26 am, in article [email hidden],

    The Reids said:

    I need new boots for the winter, feet having got unaccountably
    wider, haven't bought a thing for ages, where is the best London
    shop for the purpose at the moment? Any pointers to wide winter
    boots?
    (I was lying about the panties).

    Field and Trek in Maiden Lane (Covent Garden off Southampton Street) I
    reckon are the most patient and helpful people. Try Scarpa SLs and Meindls,
    both are available in wide fittings.

    --
    Andy Howell
    Birmingham, UK

  8. Following up to Gordon

    Quoted message said:

    No panties?
    That's why the old boots are covered in dandruff.

    gordon, is your clock wrong?
    --
    Mike Reid
    Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" <-- you can email us@ this site
    Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" <-- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap

  9. The Reids said:

    Following up to Gordon

    Quoted message said:

    No panties?
    That's why the old boots are covered in dandruff.

    gordon, is your clock wrong?

    is it on UTC? <duck>

    Richard Webb

  10. RJ Webb <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    The Reids said:

    Following up to Gordon

    Quoted message said:

    No panties?
    That's why the old boots are covered in dandruff.

    gordon, is your clock wrong?

    is it on UTC? <duck>


    No, it's on a shelf.
    --
    Gordon

  11. (RJ Webb) said:
    Quoted message said:

    gordon, is your clock wrong?

    is it on UTC? <duck>

    Perhaps it's on drugs!

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.