rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New cranks - a success!

Started by tylercox · · Last activity · 17 posts · 379 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
8 April 2005
Last activity
9 April 2005
Original author
tylercox
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
379
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, they installed the new cranks, and they are a success! I feel so
    awsome, yet so terrible, because of my awful skills. I am practicing
    more at 1ft WW, and I still haven't perfected it yet. I'm worried that
    I'll be treated like a newbie at the uni meet this saturday because I
    suck so bad at unicycling. Am I as bad as I think I am or is it just
    me? 🙁 Of course Evan is always kind enough to tell me that I am lame
    and I learn slow and I only know the easiest skills and stuff. He says
    everyone here just says I'm good to make me feel better. What do you
    think? 🙁

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to
    world domination!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  2. About 2 years. Jeeze, I'll bet everyone there will be better than me.

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to
    world domination!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  3. I know you're probably looking for more encouragement.....but if
    everyone is better than you, then learn from them and try harder...If
    you're the better one help the others out...One thing I've learnt about
    unicyclists is that most are always willing to help others by showing
    them skills and giving a few pointers etc...There's no way anyone will
    consider you a newbie as long as you can ride and most people here know
    you can......

    Quoted message said:

    He says everyone here just says I'm good to make me feel better.

    I don't know about that but even if thats at all true...practise and
    people will respect you for what you can do...

    --
    Denali - Heil Denali
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Denali's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9085
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  4. tylercox said:

    *About 2 years. Jeeze, I'll bet everyone there will be better than me.
    Of course, evan has already assured me of this. Do you think I will
    be considered a newbie? *

    Probably not. People are always super nice at unicycle conventions. No
    matter how good someone is. Evan is probably just jealous that you are
    better than he is.

    --
    Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)
    'Moab MUniFest 2005 Pictures!!!'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album553)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2042
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  5. This is more of a uni meet than a convention. The Panther Pride cub is
    hosting the meet. The club is a school unicycling program at an
    elementary school. The vast majority of the riders there will be
    elementary age kids from North Bend Elementary. There will be riders
    there of all skill levels but most of the kids are at the lower end of
    the skill levels. There is nothing to be worried about and the uni meet
    is not a competition. It's about having fun and learning more about
    riding from other unicyclists.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  6. john_childs said:

    * It's about having fun and learning more about riding from other
    unicyclists. *

    I thought it was about eating gumbo...

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    "By George! The man's a genius!"
    Murde Mental

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  7. So other than elementry school kids who just learned uniing in school,
    how do I rank in the way of other unicycling eleven year olds? What
    about your kids, Bruce and Steve? Sorry if it sounds like I'm totally
    concerned about ego, but I'm kind of curious after everthing that Evan
    said.

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to
    world domination!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  8. tylercox said:

    *... how do I rank in the way of other unicycling eleven year
    olds?...*


    You'll know tomorrow!

    Besides, unicycling isn't all about ranking among other riders. If it
    were I'd have quit out of frustration when Andrea passed level 5 and I
    may be stuck at 4 forever. Its having fun and always improving.

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve DeKoekkoek

    Hop Drop & Roll

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  9. I think I just need some real-life unicyclists to give me some tips like
    at the unicycle meet. So Andrea is level 5? Maybe she can give me some
    tips?! Maybe, I'm non-official level 5, too, though, so maybe we're
    like equal, I dunno.

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to
    world domination!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  10. tomblackwood said:

    *I thought it was about eating gumbo... *

    I've been wondering this all along, WHAT IS GUMBO?!?!?!? 😕

    --
    tylercox - I'm gooder than you!

    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to
    world domination!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  11. tylercox said:

    *I've been wondering this all along, WHAT IS GUMBO?!?!?!? 😕 *

    'Gumbo' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumbo)
    It's a spicy soup that includes rice and meat like chicken or sausage.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  12. Wait, where is this meet???

    --
    halfbike - Obsessed Rider

    Every great person has a signature. This is mine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  13. halfbike said:

    *Wait, where is this meet??? *

    'Pacific Northwest Unicycle Meet April 9, 2005'
    (http://tinyurl.com/5hrpl)

    It's in North Bend Washington which is about 30 minutes east of Seattle.
    If you left really early in the morning you could make it. It'd be
    about a 5 hour drive from Eugene/Springfield.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  14. harper said:

    *Gumbo, like insecurity and paranoia, is a word that is easily looked
    up in the dictionary. *

    Harsh Harper. :eek:

    --
    ChangingLINKS.com - member

    Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
    Drew Brown
    'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  15. ChangingLINKS.com said:

    *Harsh Harper. *

    I feel the guilt.....oops, it's gone now.

    --
    harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    "My world view has come crashing down like a drunk clown on a giraffe,
    riding through a cactus patch..." -evil-nick on "Entry of the
    Gladiators"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  16. harper said:

    *Gumbo, like insecurity and paranoia, is a word that is easily looked
    up in the dictionary. *

    lolerz

    --
    Bob22b - MCL Tearer :d
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob22b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8153
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

  17. I don't think you've got anything to worry about Tyler. I'd be very
    happy to learn as fast (or as slowly if that's what you think) as you
    have 🙁 ... although I don't put in as much practise time as some
    people.

    Rob (riding for over a year, still trying to learn to idle)

    --
    rob.northcott - OK as long as it's not too windy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39475

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.