Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

New here - Where to buy?

Started by Larry R. Wright · · Last activity · 6 posts · 688 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
13 May 2005
Last activity
11 June 2005
Original author
Larry R. Wright
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
688
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi folks,

    I'm new here, though I have been lurking a while and lately it has been
    pretty quiet as far as real discussions go. I am in the market for a
    recumbent (or will be, once I can collect the fund$)...

    I live in London, Ontario (that's in Canada). London is located about
    halfway between Detroit, Michigan and Toronto. So far I have only seen one
    shop in London that has recumbents and not many at that. Does anyone know
    of any good shops in this vicinity? I know about the Bicycle Man in Alfred
    Station, NY, but that's 4-5 hours away, so If you know any, let me know.
    Thanks!

    Larry

  2. Larry R. Wright said:

    Hi folks,

    I'm new here, though I have been lurking a while and lately it has


    been

    Quoted message said:

    pretty quiet as far as real discussions go. I am in the market for a

    Quoted message said:

    recumbent (or will be, once I can collect the fund$)...

    I live in London, Ontario (that's in Canada). London is located


    about

    Quoted message said:

    halfway between Detroit, Michigan and Toronto. So far I have only


    seen one

    Quoted message said:

    shop in London that has recumbents and not many at that. Does anyone


    know

    Quoted message said:

    of any good shops in this vicinity? I know about the Bicycle Man in


    Alfred

    Quoted message said:

    Station, NY, but that's 4-5 hours away, so If you know any, let me


    know.

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks!

    Larry


    Larry

    I assume that you have visited First Cycleworks? Another recumbent
    seller is Urbane Cycles (www.ucycle.com)in Toronto on John Street and
    there is also Triketrails ( www.triketrails.com)in Whitby.

    There will be a recumbent bike show during the London Bike Festival, on
    Wednesday June 8 between 7:00 and 9:00 AM at the Covent Garden Market,
    King and Talbot Streets. Expect to see several different recumbents
    there including some homebuilt bikes. Monday June 6 there will be a
    talk on building recumbent trikes at the Central Library, on Dundas
    Street, from 7 to 9 PM.

  3. Larry

    You might also want to consider a Wazabike. The builder is in
    Hamilton.

    http://wazabike.itgo.com

  4. "reclinedrelic" <[email hidden]> wrote in

    Quoted message said:


    I assume that you have visited First Cycleworks? Another recumbent
    seller is Urbane Cycles (www.ucycle.com)in Toronto on John Street and
    there is also Triketrails ( www.triketrails.com)in Whitby.

    There will be a recumbent bike show during the London Bike Festival, on
    Wednesday June 8 between 7:00 and 9:00 AM at the Covent Garden Market,
    King and Talbot Streets. Expect to see several different recumbents
    there including some homebuilt bikes. Monday June 6 there will be a
    talk on building recumbent trikes at the Central Library, on Dundas
    Street, from 7 to 9 PM.

    Thanks for the info. Yes I have been to First Cycleworks a few times.
    They seem like a great bunch of people working there, however, their
    selection is a little limitted. Hopefully I can make it out to the LBF.
    Thanks for the heads up on that, and the other stores in TO and Whitby.

    Larry

  5. Quoted message said:

    It's a hike, but spend a day at the Bicycle Man who is knowledgeable
    and has a ton of bents to try. Test riding is one of the best things
    you can do in your decision.

    Other than a bike you are going to occasionally putt around the
    neighborhood on, you need to test ride 'bents if even briefly
    to see how the major design elements, SWB/LWB/CLWB, ASS/USS,
    M5/full mesh, tiller/linkage steering, 16"/20"/26"/700c feel to you.

  6. If you're in London, you must have come across the HPV group there as they
    are very active. Contact these guys:
    http://www.triketrails.com/
    http://www.ucycle.com/
    http://www.hptabrant.ca/

    Quoted message said:

    I'm new here, though I have been lurking a while and lately it has been
    pretty quiet as far as real discussions go. I am in the market for a
    recumbent (or will be, once I can collect the fund$)...

    I live in London, Ontario (that's in Canada). London is located about
    halfway between Detroit, Michigan and Toronto. So far I have only seen


    one

    Quoted message said:

    shop in London that has recumbents and not many at that. Does anyone know
    of any good shops in this vicinity? I know about the Bicycle Man in


    Alfred

    Quoted message said:

    Station, NY, but that's 4-5 hours away, so If you know any, let me know.
    Thanks!

    Larry

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.