WTF, with one of the two bolt stripped in the seat clamp and a snow/wet
rain storm I took my new nimbus 36 pro for a ride.
The roads and side walks are covered in partial froozen ice patches and
snow. Very rough and uneven surfaces. Since this was my first ever
experience on a 36" I thought it would be a challenge.
All winter I've been practicing my freemounting and idling on my 29".
Got that down to 100% freemount and idling. After 4 attempts I could
freemount on a slight incline in the snow/wet stuff.
I haven't mounted my T7 bar so for the whole ride my hand remaining on
the seat handle for riding through the snow and icy terrain. Man the
36" wheel just rolls over the uneven surfaces without blinking an eye.
Even better than my 29". The new tire gripped well in the snow and ice.
I rode on some pretty icy surfaces even some inclines but no problems.
In the end I was freemounting 50% of the time, snow and ice and uneven
surfaces made the task even harder.
Only managed to ride 2kms, then had to go to my hockey game.
Next steps for me is to mount my T7, computer, replace seat post
clamp.
Oh yeah, the 36" is AMAZING, my 29" looks small in comparism
Hope to try it out for some serious speed soon.
--
legtod2
Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
my inspiration in life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
legtod2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15732
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68366
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com