I'm disappointed Michael. We have a wealth of ugly cars here (mostly French) and you choose the one that's over 50 years old, is sold to 3 peasants each year in central France and isn't actually even a car.
"Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
There's another boxy, but a lot smaller thing selling like hot cakes
around
Quoted message said:
here. I don't know who makes it?
Probably the Scion? Toyota makes 'em, I believe, and they are STRANGE! Two models available down here, and the boxier one makes the Element look like a Ferrari! Absolutely no curves... (The other one is actually kinda cool, in an "ugly duckling" sort of way.)
Saw one around here the other day with the license plate "LILHUMR".
I think they look like a Beanie Baby version of an old Land Cruiser (not the luxury SUV) or a mail jeep. It's kind of cute if you don't mind driving a plush toy.
Next time you're road tripping Toronto way, stop in Buffalo and we'll ride. BTW, I liked the fixie photos. Pretty, pretty. My fix is out of commission, alas, as I trashed the cheap Ritchie headset in less than a year. The SS MTB badly needs new bearings in the front hub, so I'm reduced to commuting on my hardtail. I'm sure glad I have three bikes!
CC
We can always come up your way anytime, but the next time we're hitting Toronto will be in a few months. Would you be willing to put us up for the weekend or will we be sleeping in our fugly vehicle?
"Monique Y. Herman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
On 10 Sep 2003 14:14:48 -0700, Paladin <[email hidden]> penned: To be honest, I think they're a bit fugly, but sounds like they may be great haul-stuff-around vehicles .... plus the tv ad is funny =)
They are ugly, but so utilitarian...
Quoted message said:
Hrm, I think I'm gonna go take a look at the specs/price of these things
You should.
Quoted message said:
Ms. Carla, is this anyone's primary transportation, or purely a weekend warrior vehicle?
Mrs. Carla :-)
Its Jim's main car and also our road tripping machine. I still drive the Nissan.
"Benjamin Weiner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Michael Dart said:
"Carla A-G" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
let the road tripping continue...in style...
Quoted message said:
Saw one around here the other day with the license plate "LILHUMR".
I think they look like a Beanie Baby version of an old Land Cruiser (not the luxury SUV) or a mail jeep. It's kind of cute if you don't mind driving a plush toy.
It originally reminded me more of being like a Woody...