New Sun/EZ Tandem

Alan Weiss

Guest
Here's what I do with too much time on my hands. If you look carefully at the picture of the new EZ
tandem in BentriderOnline's "Stop the Presses" section, you see this picture:
http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/EZ_Tandem.jpg If you look at the picture in Sun Bicycle's page,
you see this: http://www.sunbicycles.com/bikes/pic_eztandem.jpg These are, in fact, identical
pictures, the one from Sun's site simply has the color changed and the picture is a bit smaller. The
pictures are really identical: the spokes are all in the same angles, the straps on the backs of the
seats are the same, the highlights are the same, etc. Perhaps Sun decided to make pictures available
of pre-painted units, and filled in the colors digitally. More likely, they took a picture of this
bike http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/SunTandem.jpg and digitally colored it yellow.

No big deal, I just found it interesting.

Alan Weiss NJ Gold Rush, E2 tandem, and Leitra rider

OMG, you're right! HAHA, I never noticed. Well they had to have a picture to put in the catalog and
the production bikes weren't ready yet. Good eye!

Gabe

"Alan Weiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Here's what I do with too much time on my hands. If you look carefully at the picture of the new
> EZ tandem in BentriderOnline's "Stop the Presses" section, you see this picture:
> http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/EZ_Tandem.jpg If you look at the picture in Sun Bicycle's page,
> you see this: http://www.sunbicycles.com/bikes/pic_eztandem.jpg These are, in fact, identical
> pictures, the one from Sun's site simply has the color changed and the picture is a bit smaller.
> The pictures are really identical: the spokes are all in the same angles, the straps on the backs
> of the seats are the same, the highlights are the same, etc. Perhaps Sun decided to make pictures
> available of pre-painted units, and filled in the colors digitally. More likely, they took a
> picture of this
bike
> http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/SunTandem.jpg and digitally colored it yellow.
>
> No big deal, I just found it interesting.
>
> Alan Weiss NJ Gold Rush, E2 tandem, and Leitra rider

Looks a lot like a homebuilt tandem I once ran across while surfing the web. I believe it was
called the SiklRoad, or something to that effect. I had bookmarked the site, but THAT was two
hard-drives ago......

Coop Cleveland 26 degrees.....

Duncan Cooper wrote:

> Looks a lot like a homebuilt tandem I once ran across while surfing the web. I believe it was
> called the SiklRoad, or something to that effect. I had bookmarked the site, but THAT was two
> hard-drives ago......
>
> Coop Cleveland 26 degrees.....

The Silk Road recumbent tandem was built by John Huddleson who had an article published about it in
RCN #59, pp.26-27 (Sept./Oct. 2000).

The web page is at < http://tender-learning-care.com/mybike.htm >.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side) Various HPV's